Boise FanForce to have Third (3rd) Meeting!!!

Discussion in 'Boise Idaho' started by MalcolmTolemac, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    The next meeting for the Boise FanForce will be:
    Date: Saturday April 5th, 2003
    Time: 7pm @ James' House
    Place: (Please PM MalcolmTolemac for directions)

Purpose of the Meeting:
    As everyone knows, this will be our third official meeting and we will then be an Official Fan Force Chapter. We will be voting on an official/professional name, what kind of positions we want to head this group and who will fill those positions. This process shouldn't take very long so we will spend the rest of the time celebrating and watching SW movies...

Hope to see everyone there!

Edit: For safety concerns I have removed the address and directions to James' home. Please PM MalcolmTolemac for the directions and post in this thread. Thank you!
  2. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is Casey Knowlton a member of this group? If he is, tell him to email Barry at Strahd27@aol.com

I was the guy in the Plo Koon suit at the AOTC premiere.
  3. Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope to see all the gang here on the 5th. Cerio house is glad to host such people within it's doors and would love to add new people to our crew. This is not as much a club about Star Wars, but a club of very different, yet very similar people who find themselves becomming closer friends with each meeting. But unlikely people becomming friends? Bah, there are no movies with that sort of plot anywhere :) Talk to you all soon.
    -James-
    -Idaho Vorkosigan-

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty spaces you must walk" (old egyptian proverb) But if God isn't there, look for a big person instead.
  4. Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Boskone! I don;t know your friend, but I do know you. As I recall you were one amung a group of people in Line, opening day for AOTC participating in a Star Wars trivia game, and I was one of the participants to. I believe we spoke some. It would be an honor if you could join us, if not on a permanent basis, perhaps a visit now and again?

-James-
  5. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello there,

I would join but since your meeting is on a weekend, then I can't. So until next time....
  6. JediSaxton Jedi Padawan

lija: Unless otherwise noted, all of our meetings will be on the 1st Sat of each month. Knowing that now, hopefully you'd have time to make any nessicary arrangements. We'd like to see you there.

If not, we'll always be having other events that are not on the weekends. Stay tuned to the boards to find out just what that may be. We're just getting warmed up!
  7. skywalker325 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey I should be there. *Should* Things have come up, but such things will probably be dealt with soon. Ugh...life just got hard. :(

But wow... last night was awesome! :)

And Saturday night I spent with two guys identifying the literary devices in ESB and ROTJ. What fun! Holy cow. The examples of irony are endless.
  8. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I lived in Boise for five years from 96-01 and frequently found myself the sole defender of SW truth and justice. I moved away for job concerns, but will very soon be on the move again, and who knows where I will end up. Possibly very close.

I like to be involved with proactive people, and I hear someone over in your group made a SW Fan Film. And I want to hear all about it. Does it have a webpage? I have access to blue screen technology, saber and blaster FX, and am very involved in the Idaho Falls groups Fan Film activities. A Dungeons and Dragons movie of my own is own my website.
  10. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I haven't been able to find a web-site to put it on. I really haven't tried too hard lately, either, but.... know of any good ones and how I'd download it to that site, let me know....
    Everyone tells me to contact filmForce, I just haven't yet...
  11. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Kasey Knowlton would like to be a part of this fanclub...thanks for the heads up Barry of Idaho Falls. Here's my post and I'm ready to be a fan club member!
    You may remember me as the bearded guy who camped out for Clones first one and a half months early...in fact it was almost a year ago today! I can't believe we're finally getting a club going here. Please contact me about how I become a member. Do I just show up or do I have to decapitate some Tusken Raiders first? QuiGonJinn02@msn.com
    Thanks and May the Force be With You!!!
    Kasey Knowlton
  12. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    MalcolmTolemac- I remember you! We did some saber practicing outside my tent. You borrowed some of my SW cd's...yeah! I remember you! Call me please, if you ever read this, and let me know what I need to know! Thanks!
    Kasey
    484-2014
  13. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry, I'm a little slow in responding to PMs and the boards themselves, but I do eventually get around to it...

Do I just show up or do I have to decapitate some Tusken Raiders first?
    Though we have had some reports of raids between Boise and Mtn. Home, and that it is becoming somewhat of a problem, no Raider decapitations are nessicary... (I hear they are worse the closer you get to Id Falls LOL)

Yes, you just show up. Check your e-mail for directions...

I remember you! We did some saber practicing outside my tent. You borrowed some of my SW cd's Yes and again thank you for those, I did get them back to you, Yes?
    On the sword fighting, I'm looking at having a class soon so others can have as much fun as the 4 - 6th graders in the youth program I lead.

May the Force Be With You, Always.

And

It's great to hear from you agian, Kasey!!!
  14. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Marc!
    Yes, you did get them back to me.
    I can't believe a year has already gone by since AOTC released. Time really does fly.
    Well, it's great to hear from you to and I'll plan on being there.
    Thanks again!
    Kasey
  15. Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Knight

star 1
    So who do we know is comming? Marc, Wendy, Kasey... anyone else contacted you Marc?

16. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey whomever you are! A couple of my friends interested in joining MAY be coming...but nothing is for certain yet. Otherwise, I think Marc said it was him, myself, Wendy, you (whoever you are), Cody and two others.
    Kasey
  17. skywalker325 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah I'll be there for a while at least. Um...my bro might be, but I don't know yet. The two friends I was going to invite might be able to come. I see them tomorrow and ask. Actually, there is a whole group I met, several of whom might really want to come.
  18. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Congratulations on having your third meeting! So how did the meeting go? How many members were present? Did you elect a City Rep and discuss a name for your chapter?
  19. skywalker325 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone! I can't believe I had to miss the third and most important meeting! But goodness, what a crazy day! Science Olympiad went until almost 7, and after 11 hours there I was exhausted! So I went home to eat, and was then going to go the meeting just a bit late. But my brother, who had said he would come, was actually at work. So then I was stranded, hungry, and tired, and it was already after 7. Total craziness. I would have called for a ride, but the meeting had already started anyway. I was surprised none of you called me though! I feel so unimportant.... oh well.

More craziness: it's 6:13, I have to leave for school in just over an hour, and I haven't gone to sleep yet. Oh well. :)

EDIT: I already know I can't make the next meeting, on May 3rd. I already have a puppet performan, my sister's bridal shower, and my SAT IIs to retake. Yes, I was waitlisted to Harvard, so that means three more months of trying to convince them I deserve to get in! All this stuff to do, this is probably not the only all-nighter I'll be pulling this month.
  20. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    You missed a great meeting! The business was short and sweet leaving enough time for fun to be had by all (check for more details on the business stuff under a new topic). Kasey, a film student like myself, brought a lot of Ep II footage of him camping outside of Edwards last year (from all the local news channels) as well as pics from Celebration II. We watched my fan film, had munchies, and a great time just coming up with ideas on events for the group.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.