main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bolsheviks on the JC? Or, the Have's and the Have-not's strike again.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Wattowatta, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Cool down? I'm just fine, thanks :). I'm actually chuckling a little bit at all this. I'm not sure how you're interpreting me as getting heated, but ah well.

I've said my position and I'll leave it at that. Moderators are people, and we're all people. Moderators try their best to be mature and responsible most of the time, and the same goes for the good members that are here. No one's higher or lower than the other, nor should they be.

That's pretty much it.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Wattowatta, I just want to point out that it wasn't Sapient "kissing asses" that got him promoted.

1. We needed a new mod in PSA at that time

and 2. Sapient had been extremely useful there. He pointed newbies and people who started redundant threads to the right threads, sent PMs to me, PBra, Lobot, and other mods who were around, and he was also behaving nice towards people.

Trust me, there was a debate whether or not to promote him. And yes, the main reason against his promotion was exactly his "kissing ass", as you call it. But we really needed another mod in PSA and he was the best candidate at that time. So I can honestly say that him "begging around for modship" had little (if any) effect on his promotion.

3. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Do you have evidence of me bashing Lit posters or letting my views cloud my actions as a moderator?

Actually, I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to track down the Canon debate in the EU forum that I'm thinking of CA, and I can't locate it. So I think I'm going to have to officially retract my statement about you, even though I'll still hold to my personal opinion.

It's simply not reality, and if you have a problem with that, you're probably on the wrong message board (although I doubt you'll find much difference with this particular issue anywhere else).

Knight-

That's the comment I took to be nearing the line, as far as temper goes. If you're fine, then everything is cool. I just didn't want a flame war exploding in my face.

JMA

4. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    I'm certain he's doing a great job, Mar, but you have to admit that this was a real crap public relations move on the part of the administration, which is what this whole thread is all about.

5. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    How is it a crap public relations move? We have a member, who Pms the mods when he finds a problem thread; he helps out newbies when they first join the forum, gets them situated, helps them find their way around; he posts in a civil manner; and seems to really enjoy this place. Wow, damn us to hell for wanting a person like that on our mod team. What the hell were we thinking? We should promoted Beal, that would have been a much better choice. [face_plain]

All this crap about his "ass kissing" is just that. Crap. Its outside Drama, that for most part people in PSA don't give a damn about. It was mentioned starting a poll about his popularity in every forum? Well Sapient doesn't post or Mod in every forum. He mods 95% of the time in PSA. And will Gauran-damn-tee you, if you started a thread in PSA, you would find an overwhelming majority find him to be a great mod.

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I know it wasn't the best move. But it was necessary; we needed a new mod and Sapient was the best choice at the time.

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Watto -

A: What's so wrong about having a seperate forum in which we discuss matters? You want we should discuss them in public? I can just see that. Discussing a problem user where everyone can see. Not only would it be embarrassing to the problem user, it wouldn't be nice.

B: as for the colors and avatars, well, why not? when newbies look through the users_online, trying to find a mod, the colors are a big help.

C:
    have our problems gone away? Have our grievances been met?

Please name a grievance for reference. I am unsure of what you're talking about.

D: If you have problems with certain admins, wouldn't it make more sense to take it up with them over PM?

E:
    And yet, here he is, a member of the Jedi Council Mod Squad, having garnered his position by appearing to ?suck up,? and be the moderator?s darling little protégé.

And you know that - how? also, it was said in the thread in which to congragulate him that his asking delayed it.

F:
    One of those moderators, Liz Skywalker, furthermore adds a post-script onto her posts that would gain the ire of many an administrator had she still been amongst the regular membership.

and "windier than you" and "the nuttiest guy around" aren't of the same caliber? also, I have said that I'll stop any semblance of "...and" once someone explains to me green apples. Childish? Yes, and I realize that. But, hello, this is an online message board. Why can't I have some fun?

G:
    resentment run rampant, jealousy and envy in conjuncture.

PPOR, please.

End comments, you failed to make a single point besides for the old: "we don't like you b/c you have colors and know it." and everyone, I hope you know that you can PM me anytime if you want to complain or just want to talk. Or you can go one better and put me on your MSN. Whatever. I'm always open for crit, comments, and conversation.

and you all need to learn to recognize humor. I prescribe multiple viewings of Monty Python movies.

..and Karl Marx.

8. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Anyways, I think it's no secret he wanted to be a mod. Hell, I seem to recall him out-right saying he did. But what the hell does that have to do with him being a good mod or not? It's not as if he walked around making threads like "Sapient for MOD!" or something stupid like that. He simply wanted to be a mod. Where's the crime in that? The point is that he's good at what he does, so any past antics (and this goes for other mods) shouldn't matter.

I'm not sure what his reputation is now a days, but before I left he was one of the most popular members in the PSA. And not for stupid reason like me; he was popular for being an all-round great poster. He really cared about this place. And I can't think of anyone who frequents the PSA that could do a better job of moderating than he does.

Amen, Griff. Look, I'll be honest. When Sapient got promoted, I was worried about the precedent it would set. However, none of that matters. He's done a terrific job, and PSA is better off for it. (Not that we STILL don't need new mods, but I digress. ;))

I just came here because I like Star Wars.

Cheers, AYBABTU.

EDIT: Liz, since green apples is "my fault," shoot me a PM and I'll explain it. Anything to get rid of that damn "...and a mango." :p

9. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    i've read through the initial post, but not the rest of the thread yet. but i've got to ask

what is the big deal with "...and a mango"? why do you think that it "would gain the ire of many an administrator had she still been amongst the regular membership.
    ." i have yet to see how that is relevant to anything...

10. Big_Brother

Big_Brother Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2000
    Come, brothers and sisters! Revolt against the vile tyranny of the malevolent moderators! You have nothing to loose but your chains! I, Big_Brother, will lead your crusade, and we shall triumph over the inequality of these message boards, ushering in a new era wherein I, Big_Brother, will rule benevolently over you.

Watch out Mods, Big_Brother is watching!

11. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Bah! I'm Big Brother.

12. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    We seem to have a good record of novelty socks popping in.
    I think this thread will be in Dead_Horse's wheelhouse within the next page or 2.

BTW - Sapient is arguably the best Mod we have, flat out. So lay off him :mad:
    Also, I really don't see any problems with Mods being power hungry and I'm here on and off for 8 hours a day.

Like I said, don't be suprised to see Dead_Horse pop in soon.

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

13. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ..and Karl Marx.

LOL, Liz! [face_laugh] :p

14. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Like I said, don't be suprised to see Dead_Horse pop in soon.

I'll flog it if I see it.

15. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I'll flog it if I see it.

He's already being kicked, so you might as well [face_laugh]

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    That's just plain sick.

17. MetallicPea

MetallicPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Dead_Horse is staying away from the boards until the AOTC release.

18. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Khartoum. The name's Khartoum. ;) :p

...and a mango. (I'm PMing you now..)

19. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Ah, The Godfather (the horse that had its head cut off and put into Jack Woltz' bed).

Interesting reference.

20. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I say we demote the lot of them and promote 20 random people from the Users Online list

21. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    "applesauce."

22. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    [sarcasm]Wattowatta, it's only funny when farraday does it. You see, there's a bit of an elitest clique at the JC.[/sarcasm]

23. scum&villainy

scum&villainy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Somebody just give Watto some nice pretty colours. At least that way I won't accidentally waste another 5 minutes of my time wading through bitter garbage like this.

24. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Good Lord.

I just come here because I like Star Wars.

I heartily agree, AYBABTU.

I think we're forgetting one very important thing - it's an internet message board service. Is it really worth all this bickering?

Well said, Mely.

25. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    User who is Wattowatta, you keep speaking of such things about Sapient and Farraday, about "sucking up" and people "not believing they love the boards" and such nonsense, yet I have never heard these things said by anyone but you. I think you are assuming your thoughts are in the majority, but clearly they are not. I dont think anybody else has any issues with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.