main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bond Between Finn and Rey Going Forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Beardwalker, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pupuce

pupuce Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 10, 2016
    and? Even if he read her minds, he 'll know she cares about him , he'll know he is on the ship somewhere... But to show her images of Finn being executed, that means he 'll know what 's going on with Finn on the supremarcy. He may discover through rey's mind the very existence of Finn and be ?????.

Now in the last jedi, maybe snoke will be inform about the fn 2187 before Rey comes. But if he isn't. He'll have to ask questions to kylo to understand it all.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Snoke could not care less about Finn, Snoke is all about the Force and leaves the military stuff to Hux.

3. pupuce

Jan 10, 2016
    You think he won't care if the ship is in, is being destroyed by the ex stormtrooper he didn't know about? Maybe that screencaps where he seemed angry at Hux has a link to that....

and for now he can't care about someone if he doesn't know that someone exists.

4. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    Couldn’t Kylo have told Snoke ‘hey this traitor came back for Rey with my dad on Starkiller and fought ME for her. He’d be a great trap!’ Especially after he was in her head and could have felt her feelings for Finn there, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. pupuce

Jan 10, 2016
    I'm not sure Kylo ren had the guts to tell snoke about FN 2187 . He probably think Finn is dead so he probably didn't mention it either . If he didn't mention finn to snoke when he escaped with a rebel then, found bb8 andthe girl and escaped again, he certainely won't , while he thinks the " problem " is dead.

he may have told Hux and Phasma, that FN 2187 is dead . But snoke no.

6. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    But if the dead traitor is suddenly discovered on the supremacy while they’re looking for a way to lure in Rey, he’d be an idiot not to bring it up. I’m not saying that’ll definitely happen because the plot may not line up that way but I think it’s a possibility.

7. pupuce

Jan 10, 2016
    it's possible I guess. But that means, Finn and co are captured. Phasma informed Kylo, then kylo goes to Rey to lure Rey ,and they wait for her to come.

8. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    This is true. I just think their both appearing on the supremacy has to be linked somehow and I can’t see Rey just going to Snoke without a very present, very pertinent reason.

9. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Anyone who wants to manipulate, hurt otherwise not be Rey's buddy, will care VERY much about who (or what) is important to her.

Finn will be her downfall.

10. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Maybe not. They may use Finn's capture and imminent execution as a trigger for Rey. Depending on how she reacts it could well be Snoke's downfall.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  11. Trevor Eyesacs

Trevor Eyesacs Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2016
    Snoke will be fine, he is a master manipulator, he's probably 10 steps ahead of everyone. Count Snokela.

12. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016

The first part might be right second is not, Hux goes to Snoke for guidance just like Kylo does. Snoke isn't called the Supreme Leader for nothing.

Jacques who likes this.
  13. AnakinNaberrie

AnakinNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2017
    Yeah, in the novelization, Kylo could sense Rey's feelings for Finn and noted that they were a weakness. Telling Snoke about this weakness against their enemy would make sense. They need to use what they can to manipulate and turn her. Who better to use as leverage than the person Rey cares about most? Of course, it won't go the way they're planning, but it fits with their motivation.

14. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I’m disappointed the FinnRey relationship keeps being emphasized as familial. Why exactly have they chosen to frame it that way? They just met, they aren’t suddenly surrogate siblings. They formed a very quick emotional bond, and it’s like LF is overtly trying to reassure people that of course this isn’t romantic. It doesn’t sit right with me. Let the movie speak for itself.

11-4D, MGM, Trevor Eyesacs and 5 others like this.
  15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Huh? Did something new come out in the last few days?

What are you talking about?

16. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    No it’s random but it’s something that’s been nagging at me. Whenever JB or DR are asked about any potential flirting or whatever between the two, it’s immediately shot down. DR’s most recent comment saying Finn is like a brother to Rey kind of sealed the deal.

Look, these two were flirty in TFA. Hands down. Rey checked him out when she heard he was with the Resistance, and Finn was interested in whether she was single. I just find it off-putting that instead of pushing a “will they or won’t they” vibe, the answer has more been a firm no. Even separated in TLJ, the promotional stuff could have been more, “well these two found something special in each other, but for now they’re separated by circumstances...” Besides the one trailer of Finn waking up and asking for Rey, so far everything has totally ignored their bond, which for me was the absolute heart of TFA. The closest RJ has gotten to acknowledging it that I recall is when he said our heroes are separated from their friends and tested this time.

Meanwhile, whatever actually happens in TLJ, DR is comfortable describing the FinnRey vibe as familial. Even if Finn flirts with Rose in TLJ, to me it doesn’t retroactively change TFA. No they weren’t overtly romantic in TFA, but they also weren’t siblings or sibling-esque. There should be a question mark there, and for some reason we aren’t meant to see a question mark.

11-4D, MGM, Trevor Eyesacs and 5 others like this.
  17. Eeyore freak

Eeyore freak Jedi Knight star 2

May 19, 2016
    What’s especially weird is this isn’t done for any other “ship.” I mean for crying out loud, JB even played it coy on Stormpilot, even though that was not very likely to ever make it on screen. But mention him and Rey and it’s made crystal clear they’re only friends. Like, I’m fine if that really is the end goal, but people aren’t crazy for seeing potential. It seems like their relationship is the only one the actors are allowed to outright dismiss. Which just makes no sense.

The only explanations I can think of is it really is not happening and they’re trying to soften the blow for people who were expecting it. Or it is happening, but they want it to be a surprise. But both of those explanations are pretty lame and don’t make sense of why discussion is always shut down as soon as the topic is brought up.

MGM, Jazz9276, Trevor Eyesacs and 3 others like this.
  18. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    I think stanklove is a bust. Hey, at least we can look forward to kylo ren calling rey "spider monkey".

19. nagajuna

nagajuna Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 5, 2016
    Real Talk!

20. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    Guys, it is not happening. That is just something america is not ready for. Not in a high profile franchise like this. No way, no how.

nagajuna likes this.
  21. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    Eeyore freak
    I used to believe in the "soften the blow" bit, but it doesn't really work for fans that aren't like us that follow the SW articles, engage in endless speculation, and post frequently on forums. The more casual audience has expectations of their own, not following up on where we logically will go (discounting big twists, which themselves have to be set up before they're sold) would only alienate them.

An example I could give is that last year, I got my parents into SW since they missed out when it was current. Going through all of the films, getting them to love the characters slowly, and finally ending with TFA; I can tell you that forgiving Kylo for what he did to Han is going to be VERY difficult for them to consider. Also after I showed them the TLJ trailer, they said that if Rey goes with him after everything he did they would lose all respect for her.

Not saying out of nowhere twists couldn't happen of course, in fact I would expect it considering my cynical mind.

11-4D, Eeyore freak, Jazz9276 and 3 others like this.
  22. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015

Oh i can already imagine the backlash if rey turns into a moron. I can't imagine how someone can jump into an on going story and completely recast characters into roles they want. Does RJ do that? We'll see. We're in for a hell of a ride either way.

23. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    The vibe that I am getting is not only is it not happening but do they even remain friends going forward?

TheLastHaterOfZero likes this.
  24. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    They barely seem to interact. Finn is downgraded while rey is upgraded even further. I can't see how they're gonna have any more adventures together. Especially if they make rey decide to be best buds with kylo ren. Maybe they brought rose in as a replacement for the "finn and someone have adventure times" deal.

11-4D likes this.
  25. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    I mean Finn won't become a Jedi looking like he isn't going to be force sensitive at least let him have the main female...golly