main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bond Between Finn and Rey Going Forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Beardwalker, Mar 14, 2016.

1. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    I honestly wouldn't be bothered one bit if IX never happened.

Miriedis, pupuce, Eugene3 and 3 others like this.
  2. nagajuna

nagajuna Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 5, 2016
    So they are literally forcing Finn and rose on the audience this is making Finn look even worse. Hollywood hasn't change they are telling us Finn the black Nigerian British character isn't worthy of our best considering in this trilogy Rey is the white alpha female character.

3. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    Rian transformed SW into Twilight, now seriously.

Miriedis, nagajuna, MGM and 2 others like this.
  4. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I didn't know there were black Nigerian Brits in the GFFA.

Trevor Eyesacs likes this.
  5. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    I was going to call him an African American because he is using an American accent so by using the accent in a way he represents the African American also the movie he plays a African American gangsta from watts in imperial dreams then in Detroit he plays another African American security guard who was caught up in the riots in Detroit 1967 boyega speaks alot about the plight of blacks in anerica some us African Americans. I don't know what would call them?

6. ofrecoilandgrace

ofrecoilandgrace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm have no interest in ships, but I was rooting for Finn/Rey. Seems like all that great chemistry in tfa is for naught in this one. Of course, I haven't seen the movie but the leaks have me a bit disappointed. And Rose never wakes up after kissing him (why, what's his reaction to that?) but is still alive? What? Great ending for your own character Rian.

7. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    If all these spoilers are true, I was thinking that one coma per act is kind of significant. We begin with Finn waking from a coma, and at the end Rose falling into a coma (the one who stopped Finn from leaving). In the middle Leia is in a coma.

I feel like these might be metaphors that will make more sense while watching.

The other symbol I'm wondering about is the child. Little Rey abandoned by her parents. Little Finn stolen from his family. Little Rose and Paige who evaded being stolen. The little boy and the broom. Little Kylo if he met Snoke as a child (psychically).

If the child symbol isn't full out in VIII, I expect it more in IX.

8. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    So Finn is Leia without the force sensitivity didn't Leia tell han someone who loves you line. Rose is the brain and the mechanic she is hands on she's a better pilot than Finn etc..looks like they are emasculating Finn as well.

9. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    Once the movie releases it won't take long for the appropriate narrative to develop. Instead of continuing the story of two unlikely heroes that fall in love through loyalty and respect, we're shifted to a white male power fantasy that has a murdering lunatic that woos a nobody with his abs and gentle sobbing over killing his father. That's the kind of story that holds up well over time.

Miriedis, sharasbeys, MJ-100 and 5 others like this.
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    You saved my day [face_laugh]

11. pupuce

pupuce Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 10, 2016
    RIP Finn.

RIP Finn / Rey

Welcome Reylo , where Rey will become magda goebbels or Evan Braun...

You know Love will change kylo ren.... So sick

as for Rey, I'll say ,hey girl being naive , doesn't mean being stupid. Go watch wonder woman.

12. BlurryUFOs

BlurryUFOs Jedi Master star 3

Sep 24, 2016
    finn: i love you, rey!! so much!! you were my first real friend. i will always come back for you

rey: oh, heey you. remember that guy who willingly joined the organization that kidnapped you as a child and forced you into servitude, and he put you in a coma? yeah, he has great abs. so i forgive him :/ byeee

if they were going to do this they could have at least not have rey be finn’s #1 concern. god i hop rey mentions finn while they’re apart. i hope we know she thinks of him

sharasbeys likes this.
  13. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    Even if she does think of him he falls for the new girl the bond the he formed with rey now seems fake. So they'll see each other again i believe that....He wakes up screaming Rey...His only concern when he awakes was where is rey ....He tries to steal ship to go find rey...But as the movie goes on he somehow isn't interested in finding rey and rose is his main concern they even kiss... So how is his reunion with rey significant I thought that is where they left off that they will see each other again?

14. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Did any of the leaks or reviews mention a reunion scene between them?

15. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    The link that you posted to me there wasn't any mention of rey/finn it was what you said finn and rose kiss

16. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    Yeah, I just can’t get behind another story where a dark, tortured man is saved by is love of a girl. Especially when that dude is a mass murder many times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGM, Miriedis, Jedi Jessy and 3 others like this.
  17. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I've just seen it. There is a reunion between Finn and Rey at the very end - they hug. Just after they show Rey looking on as Finn sits at Rose's bedside (underlying the point that Finn has someone else to care for now).

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Rose looks like she’s going to be a good character and maybe she and Finn will be good together.

Still definitely disappointed if Finn/Rey is dead in the water though. I wasn’t really counting on it per se, but I do feel like the setup in TFA is getting tossed.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  19. ofrecoilandgrace

ofrecoilandgrace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Well if the subtitle spoilers are right, she does ask about Finn to Chewie a couple of times and Finn does worry about Rey. Don't think they have any reuniting dialogue but I was skimming at that point. Would be disappointing if they don't at least hug or something.

20. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    Sounds forced in my view rose was used to get finn away from rey..I mean all the reviews say the rose and finn parts of the movie are boring and they can't wait to get back to rey and luke.

21. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I'm looking forward to Finn and Rey. I deliberately skipped all of their scenes in the subtitle leak so I will only know um quite a lot about what is happening with them without knowing all of it? :-B

22. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    So the new characters presented in TFA (Rey, Finn and Poe) do not even interact, they have failed even in that,they have not been able to build a strong relationship between the main heroes, the contrary, sounds like their bonds are being dissolved,the strongest relationship presented in TFA was Rey-Finn and we get this?Poe and Rey even get to know each other?:confused:

23. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Honestly? At this point Finn is too good for Rey.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If the worst of the rumors are true, that’s kind of my thinking as well.

MGM and 11-4D like this.
  25. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    Rey meets Poe at last but you're missing the point. Rey's key relationship in TLJ is with Kylo Ren. That may not be what people want to hear, but it's the truth.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk