main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bond Between Finn and Rey Going Forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Beardwalker, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pupuce

pupuce Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 10, 2016
    i totally agree. Frankly i was stunned by that bad rey's reaction. It was OOC...

2. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

You need to stop talking about women as “belonging” to men.

And if you don’t see more potential for Finn and Rey to get together than Rey/Kylo, then you weren’t paying attention. She shut off that connection, she moved on from it.

3. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I think blastaar was being sarcastic about Rey belonging to Kylo. Rian really did a lot of things that made all the protagonists feel totally off. I remember in the Directory's Commentary for TFA JJ said that Finn and Rey were "Forever bonded." And I hope he continues that in episode IX

4. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Seemed more like a complain about who ends up with Rey, rather than sarcasm, but whatever.

Finn and Rey need more time on screen together next time out, but I definitely got the impression that they’re bonded. The plot required them to be apart this time out, which was a shame, but I expect them to be a big part ofIX

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So, Rose has a thing for Finn, but Finn definitely is totally hooked on Rey, but Rey just met Poe and gave him a "you're kinda hot" look, but Poe is into Leia...

6. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006
    This is pretty much the long & short of it.

7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Poe's into Leia?????

Someone's got mommy issues.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  8. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    More like the Princess likes her hotshots ... (c'mon .. who wouldn't?) and yeah. I ship this.

Ryanpaulstewart likes this.
  9. wilyen

wilyen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    Ummm.... screw it...

Finn: rey this is rose, we went on a mission together. She saved my life. Also gave me my first kiss...

Rey: um actually....

I ******* hate my self for writing this.....ugh

10. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    Star wars: Dawson's creek.

11. Brennan Marshall

Brennan Marshall Jedi Knight

May 22, 2015
    "Johnson sets up a romantic triangle of sorts between Finn, Rose, and Rey – or rectangle if one counts Rey’s fleeting if finally extinguished attraction to Kylo. But it’s a long way from the smouldering love-hate of Han and Leia or the guilty, transgressive passion of Anakin and Padmé. Now we’ve got the adorkable pairing of Finn and Rose, which does lead into a gripping sequence in which Rose performs a staggeringly risky manoeuvre to save Finn from his own kamikaze gutsiness, but otherwise feels entirely too cute. Lucas’ characters were archetypes and naïfs, but they were also solid adults who had sex and dashed and dazzled. Everyone in this seems restricted, repressed, stymied. Part of what made The Empire Strikes Back As beloved as it is in spite of its nominally downbeat narrative of calamity and mutilation, was because it was the most authentically dreamlike of the original trilogy. The cavernous spaces and hovering beauty of cloud city, dragon-riddled asteroids, haunted swamps, and spaceships roaring through twilight skies burned with authentic fantastical horizons. Nothing here even approaches, at least until the very end when Johnson evokes Lucas’ crucial images of setting suns and dissolution of the flesh, such a state of transcendental beauty."
    -By Roderick Heath http://www.ferdyonfilms.com/2017/star-wars-the-last-jedi-2017/32063/

12. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015

It was sarcasm.

afrojedi likes this.
  13. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    It seemed to be in line with the opinions you’ve expressed before. But cool.

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  14. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    Daisy, Mark, John and Gwen on Norton Show,it will be aired tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

RandomGreyJ and Jazz9276 like this.
  15. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    I've never referred to rey as belonging to anyone. Never quite saw her as the prize. Which is why i find it odd that so much is done to split her from the character she meshed with the best.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

Saturday for those of us in the US on BBCAmerica

17. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    The demise of FinnRey has been greatly exaggerated.

18. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    Rey mentions finn twice in the movie but they cut out her message to finn as well which makes them seem kinda like throwaway lines
    She spends far more time worrying about Ben to her and others detriment but still

To me Finn is more into Rose now
    I mean he spent the majority of the movie mentioning Rey until Rose saved him and kissed him.
    Then when he sees her again they have this hug as its a big reunion since they haven't seen each other the whole movie
    Boom he's right back to checking on Rose

19. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    After watching it tonight I have not lost my confidence and Finn and Rey. I saw nothing romantic in the interactions between Kylo and Rey. Rose’s kiss came out of nowhere with no build up and was awkward. The reunion hug between Finn and Rey was drawn out just like in TFA and it was pure joy. Her observing Finn tending to Rose (which seemed perfectly fine considering that she had just saved Finn’s life) could mean a lot of things, but in the end I think it’ll just be a challenge for them to overcome in the next one as they question what they really mean to each other.

20. nagajuna

nagajuna Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 5, 2016
    frail47 hasn't lost confidence in finn/rey .....Sgt carter says the demise of finn/rey is exaggerated however floatlikegas views finn into rose. I will have to see for myself

21. frail47

Jan 11, 2016
    I will add that I wish I could understand Wookiee, so that I knew what message that Rey wanted Chewie to pass on if he saw Finn first. :)

22. nagajuna

nagajuna Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 5, 2016
    What message

23. frail47

Jan 11, 2016
    Before Rey leaves the Falcon to go confront Kylo, she asks Chewie to pass on a message to Finn if he sees Finn first. She paused while thinking of what to say exactly, Chewie barked something, and Rey said something along the lines of that would do.

24. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I think the whole thing with Rey seeing Finn tending to Rose is just hinting at a minor misunderstanding. Like in ROTJ how Han thought they Leia was into Luke only to realize it wasn't the case at all.

I don't think it will or even SHOULD be blown out of proportion given the situation our heroes will be in in IX. But it might be brought up at some point by Rey, who, after realizing her feelings for Finn, maybe asks about it. And that's when Finn maybe clarifies that he has feelings for Rey as well. Either way I don't expect either of them to make THAT big a deal out of it. Rose was injured near-death and Finn was making sure she was alright.

I really do think in TLJ Rey realizes she has feelings for Finn, and Finn still has feelings for Rey. With John and Daisy wanting Finn and Rey to spend IX together, I think it will have a good and hopefully quick and easy resolution for them.

25. GauntGrandMoff

GauntGrandMoff Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2016
    Just watched it.

IMO FinnRey is DEFINITELY a thing. I didn't get a romantic vibe between Rey and Kylo and frankly I'm pretty sure Rey is Lukes kid now.

That scene of Rey and Ren "holding hands" makes so much sense now that I've seen it.

I'm also convinced that there's a love triangle (square?) /misunderstanding being set up for 9.

Rey and Poes exchange...

"Hi, I'm Poe"

"I'm Rey"

"I'm know"

...is proably a callback to Han and Leia and I think I can see where this is going.

In 9 Rey and Poe will bond over leading a rebellion and their shared love of flying (as they are both pilots), Finn may misunderstand and Rey will assume Finns with Rose (another misunderstanding).

I mean if this is correct, there could be some really fun moments between Finn, Rey, Rose and Poe in the next film. I sense a disturbance in the bromance approaching.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

frail47 likes this.