main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bond Between Finn and Rey Going Forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Beardwalker, Mar 14, 2016.

1. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Which is why time apart will be good for both characters. They'll both grow and mature when they're away from each other but will miss one another and want to see each other again.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    "Romantic chemistry" though the overly anguished "Finn" and "Rey" screams were kinda hammy. But their normal interactions work for me.

Darkspellmaster and Arcanah like this.
  3. spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2016
    Finn & Rey will remain good friends with their own separate romantic plots.

4. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    THIS.

5. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    I can explain that.

Finn & Rey are probably virgins who have little to no friends in their lives. Both are without family, the similarities go on. Rey is a girl who seems like she doesn't let a lot of people close to her, because she's been emotionally scarred by the abandonment from her family. So when she befriends Finn and opens her heart to him, that may be first time she's done that for a random person. I'm glad JJ didn't rush a romance between the two, it will give their relationship time to blossom into something deeper. I think that's why JJ separated the two at the end of the movie. They'll miss each other and will want to see one another again.

6. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    I'd rather only one romance for this trilogy. Two would be overdoing it.

7. InAnotherHeaven

InAnotherHeaven Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2016
    - Had Rey's friendzone forehead kiss in Ep 7

- Hugging/Giggling on a spacehorse with Kelly Tran in EP 8

Finn moves on so fast :p

8. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    Sounds more like Finn's stunt double moves pretty fast :p

9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    My bet is Finn will fall for this new girl. Kelly Marie Tran character.

10. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Two STUNT DOUBLES filming Hugging/giggling scenes during an intense chase sequence. Seems Legit. You cracked the code. Good job.

[​IMG]

11. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Yeah, I don't think they would ask two stunt doubles do these stuff, lol.

12. Brobi-Wan

Brobi-Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2016
    Brotally agree with you. And their relationship was rather boring. It would be better if they went their separate ways.

The only thing interesting about these two is waiting to see what will happen between them when Rey Kenobi and Ben Brolo end up together. Other than that, wake me up when their scenes are over.

obiunokenobi and Arcanah like this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I still mourn Han Solo. He brought so much to the table in TFA. Can they really do without him in the following episodes? As he was only a pilot and not force-sensitive, he would not have taken away from the others.

Whether or not it works depends on whether they go a more subtle route (I know) or a blunt one (having them scream Rey or Finn when the other is in danger ala TFA). It could really go both ways. Right now I am personally leaning towards no romance for Rey. She has so much other stuff going on in her life (training to be a Jedi, dealing with her past, adapting to life outside Jakku, temptation of the dark side) that adding a romance might be excessive and take away from the other aspects. What you say about her opening up her heart to others also applies to simply friendships, not just romance.

Camaro likes this.
  14. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    ^ Yep, but as Anakin in the PT and Luke esp in ESB and ROTJ found out, your enemies can exploit your attachment to the people you care about to manipulate and hurt you and in both Luke and Anakin's case .. turn you to the dark side.

Finn is Rey's weakness - to follow form, Snoke will get at him, to get to Rey (and this being VIII), probably succeed.

15. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep, exactly the same. Han kisses Leia in the Falcon way before this and the flirting is obvious during all the movie.

Vs Finn trying to grab Rey´s hand and her refusing several times, no kiss in the lips and a good bye kiss on the cheeck calling him "my friend".

SAME case. Lol

16. Beardwalker

Jan 5, 2016
    If dodging tie fighters, dogfighting in the MF, escaping Rathtars, and taking on Kylo Ren is boring then I am jealous of the standards you can uphold for what it is boring
    Rey was reaching out for Finn's hand mere moments later. They were almost stuck just looking at each other and smiling after escaping on the MF. Finn almost left proving he isn't fawning and all hung up on Rey and then they had the SKB hug

DL44Jo likes this.
  17. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Idk, someone like Rey who grew up most of her life without a family seems destined to start a family. I think her parents are dead and she's not a Skywalker, so starting a new family seems like a happy ending from where we first meet her.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    And then you'd have new characters for X, XI and XII. Win-win.

ESB redux? Yes, quite possible, as this is right up the alley for LFL.

19. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    One is a princess who has plenty of friends and prior romantic relationships before Han. The other is an orphan with no friends, no family and more than likely has never been in love. With a background like that, were people really expecting Rey to fall in love with Finn in the first movie? Don't you think that would be way too quick?

20. Arcanah

Arcanah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2016
    A man with a vision :)

21. Brobi-Wan

Brobi-Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2016
    The action was exciting. Their interaction was boring. If not for Han Brolo, the scenes with those two would have been a snoozer. It's telling to me that their interactions with other people were far more interesting than with each other. If they put these two together, they might as well call IX: The Force Dies of Boredom.

22. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Well, I don´t know, some people here think it was certain as the sun how clearly Finn conquered Rey´s heart. I certanly don´t see that in the movie. What I see is Finn falling for her and her not being at the same level. At least on this movie. Finn is also an orphan with no friends, and no family, and yet he falls for her at hello. That final good bye, without the "my friend" would have given more hope to those demanding a Finn-Rey romance.

But, above everything, what makes me doubt Finn will end up with Rey is the fact they have cast a new female character around his age that has done chemistry tests with John. Maybe she did test with others, but we have just read John. And, the very few pics we have seen of VIII, the only one with Finn, he is riding a huge space horse with what appears to be this new female character.

Which might end in nothing as well. But at least it would mean, IMO, nothing happens between Finn and Rey on VIII neither.

23. Beardwalker

Jan 5, 2016
    A little harsh but I guess they just aren't your cup of tea. I found them to be an enjoyable duo that I could follow throughout the trilogy (follow them as a team not going their separate ways). I mean, it's no interrogation, but their escapade with each other took them into unknown waters and they both survived by working together and working together quite well. Instead of waiting for her family that isn't coming, Rey now has Finn who cared from her from the start more than anyone has ever cared for her well being. Finn, who wanted to just keep running away, stood up to his fears. He didn't just stand up to his fears though, he stood up to the powerful apprentice of the figurehead of the FO, which is exactly what he was trying to run away from.

24. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    He did conquer her heart. He was the FIRST person to ever come back for her. She was teary eyed when he decided to abandon the group on Takodana, and she was touched when he came back for her on SKB. The script makes note that she was ready to die by Finn's side when she was crying by his unconscious body. It used the phrase "the boy she adored".

So you could argue that Rey fell harder for Finn than he did for her.

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm a she but thanks. Admittedly my current avatar doesn't point to it. :)

Arcanah and Beardwalker like this.