main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bond...James Bond-Old and Future Games Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Cadia, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Cadia

Darth-Cadia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2003
    Which games are awesome? Which aren't? The Bond Game Discussion Thread. Did anyone hear that EA get the license till 2010?

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Is Rubbish. Was Good.

The License was ruined when EA got their hands on it IMO. All they make is transparent clap-trap that sells (READ: 'The Sims', 'Battlefield 1942', 'Medal of Honour', 'Black and White', etc*) , and if something sells particulary well, you can be guranteed that you'll see at least half a dozen expansion packs appearing for it.

*Ok, lets get this straight, I have an affinity for Black and White, but, lets face it, it was RUSHED and as buggy as anything. Thank you Release Schedule Man @ EA.com.
      The Medal of Honour games are good, but hyped beyond proportion for the fact that they a) glamourise war and b) rely heavily on the 'Beach' sequences.
      Battlefield is also good, but it lacks style and grace, like Team Fortress. But is saved, in the same way that Team Fortress was saved by CounterStrike, by the fact that Desert Combat is kickass.
      The Sims, it's... just... wrong...
      It's only the best selling series ever for the fact that a) count the expansion packs... b) it's voyerism, for the younger generation.

3. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    GoldenEye 007 was the Best Bond game Ever, and frannkly, the best First Person Shooter EVER!

EA hasn't done the Bond series justice...

EA, However, is AWESOME for the Great Medal of Honor series! and of course, their Sports games, escpecially MADDEN!!! :D

-President-JarJar

4. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Well, ever since I got the godly Halo, Goldeneye is #2.

That's the sacrifice of owning Halo. It raises the bar of our expectations of other video games, and ends up making those other games look like tripe compared to Halo. [/fanboy] Luckily, I got Red Faction II :D

That, and well, Goldeneye IS kinda old.

(Note: The "Halo raises the bar" theory is not mine. I got it from a guy on GameFAQS.Even so, it's an excelent pount worth mentioning.)

Anyhoo, back on topic. I honestly think that Agent Under Fire WAS A PILE OF CRAP. The only good things about it was that the Gamecube disc is smaller, thus making it a physically smaller pile of crap (That, and well, the jiggly boobs :D ) . The rest of my AUF opinion is in that " I feel cheated" topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.