Bond, James Bond

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The new Bond movie arrives on the 22nd. I put out a general feel for it early but this is the official thread for those wishing to attend a screeing of the new Bond flick. We're looking at a Saturday or Sunday show probably afternoon and possibly hitting somewhere after for discussion and the like (see yabb for details). Anyone interested?

oh the Weekend would probably be November 23 or 24. Most of the details are still up in the air...

M
  2. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 5
    Is Sean Connery in it?
  3. solo414 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I wish I could join you guys, but I have a show that weekend. :(
  4. Auraveda Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm definitely interested in going, assuming that I'm not out of town visiting family for Thanksgiving. But I probably wouldn't be doing that till the next weekend if at all.

The most recent Bond film I've seen is "A View to a Kill" so it'll be interesting to catch up on the Bond franchise.
  5. SySnootles Jedi Youngling

star 3
  6. marajoan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just remember that the 23rd is Book Club for those who are planning to attend that. Thanksgiving isn't until the 28th.
  7. Bishop76 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Oh, God... A View to a Kill? That's quite possibly the worst Bond flick in existence. Well, maybe Never Say Never Again is worse. Not sure.

Jeff
  8. bwing53 Jedi Master

star 3
    Nope--it IS the worst. Anything with Grace Jones in it pretty much sucks. Say, I wonder if the resident film critic has an opinion on this one?
  9. SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Mmm... sweet sweet Grace Jones. [face_love]
  10. SySnootles Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Technically "Never Say Never Again" isn't officially a Bond film, so A View to a Kill can, and should, claim the top (or bottom, in this case) spot. I mean, George Lazenby was a better Bond than Dalton!!
  11. Bishop76 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ah, but Moore was in View to a Kill. I know NSNA isn't technically a Bond film, but it's Sean Connery and he's playing a character named James Bond, so I still count it. I do agree that Dalton was sucktacular, however. Lazenby sucked too, but I liked On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Jeff
  12. SySnootles Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ah, yes. A View to a Kill. Now it's all coming back to me. Arrrrghhh!!

Honestly what I remember most about that flick was the really crappy Duran Duran song that went along with it. And the crappy music video that went along with the crappy song for the crappy movie. An accordian with a "deadly" button on the bass keys. Ugh.
  13. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okie doke. This is the weekend for the Bond thing for those not attending the book club meeting that is...

There is no times posted yet, I'm assuming that will be on Thursday. I'm also assuming we're looking at an afternoon time and possibly hanging somewhere afterwards. All those who are definate say Aye and give an idea of where to head afterwards if you're interested.

D & M

Oh, we're thinking of the Ridge because it's a nice theater and all.

14. Bishop76 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think if our choices are the 23rd/24th, I'm only available for like a noon matinee on Saturday. Some more may open up, and I'll let you know if it does, but as it stands right now, that's the only one I can make.

Jeff
  15. A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling

star 1
  16. CaptMereel Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sunday matinee is the only option for me...book club meeting on Saturday.
  17. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well, with Bob and I, it's a toss-up right now. He'll be coming back from Michigan for the weekend, either late tonight or sometime Friday. And depending on how tired he is, and what other things our weekend holds, these things will determine whether or not we join you.

And believe me, I would love to go. I need a little Bond in my life right now (and theater popcorn! :D ).
  18. solo414 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I won't be home for Thanksgiving break till Tuesday so that's about the only night I could go. You all have fun this weekend though and eat some popcorn for me!!
  19. A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That sucks, Megan! We havent seen you in forever. :( Oh well.. there's always next time. Sunday's good for me though.
  20. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sunday is Football. There's no sort of concensus is there? Hmm...

M
  21. solo414 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, it does suck. I'll be home for a while, around 3-6 weeks after Dec. 13th though. And I believe there was talk of seeing Two Towers, so I'll be going to that for sure!! :)
  22. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Alrighty, for anyone interested in seeing Die Another Day. We're going to go to the 12:10 showing at the Ridge on Saturday the 23. We can't go on Sunday because I have to go fix my bosses home PC because I'm just that much of a suck up.

If you wish to go, give a yell and we'll see what's up from there. If no one is interested in catching the flick at that time. Well, it was a good idea in theory.

m
  23. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No takers? Alrighty then. We're going to chalk it up as a no go. Since the Ridge is slightly out of the way we'll be heading to a theater much closer to home. hasta!

M
  24. SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling

star 3
  25. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Too late. Already saw it. It was...sub-par to say the least. Interesting for like 15 minutes..rent it before blowing the 11.00 bucks to see it.

M
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.