main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bond of Brothers - Vader/Obi AU, Skywalker Redemp

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Shinning_Star, May 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaster144

Blaster144 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    *Comes from The Between Years thread.*

YES!! :D :D

Everthing is back to normal. The floor is level and has little wax on it and the sheep here aren't sliding around like some one put vasiline on their hooves. :D

You know what this means; Cas' had posted! ;)

*Grabs Cas' and give her a Big Hug.*

Thank you. Thank you.

*Reads post.*

Um. Cas' why didn't you have Ani and Obi-Wan it this post? I like a little angst after a long dry spell. :p

Oh. I moved the floor waxer to Kee's thread. Someone cut through the bars. :mad: I hid the floor wax behind your icon. Don't tell the crazed floor waxer were it is. [face_devil] ;)

Well, I have other threads to terrorize, er, I mean visit.

'Bye.

*Walks back into the shadows and goes into lurker mode.*

2. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    What, did no one like the post?!?!

*sigh* Okay, I'm working on a new post today. And it won't have Anakin in it either! *sticks her tongue out at her readers* So there! Ha!

*realizes she's acting childish*

*sigh* Okay, I'm going to go write the new post. I'll see if I can sqeeze in some Anakin angst.

*rolls eyes* Why me?
    Caslia

3. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Okay, here we go. And I'll just warn you before hand, there's no Anakin in this one. A handful or so of angst, though.

Oh, and I kept the last scene short. No need for a graphic discription of brutality

?Well, I don?t think there?s anything more we can do.? Cali sighed. She stood on the far bank of the bog in which Fett?s ship was sinking. The situation didn?t look to be a good one. As they had slept, the ship had sunk another meter or two into the swamp, and the bounty hunter reported a number of creatures had taken up residence on the inside.

That wasn?t the only thing that had happened in the passing of the night.

The day was still cool when Cali awoke and, intending to accomplish everything she could before the muggy heat of the swamp bogged her down. She had left Fett asleep and gone back to speak with Yoda.

Just what she might have said to try and further convince him, she didn?t know. But coming into the little glen, Starshine discovered both the little hut and the Jedi Master were gone. She had hesitated about going to look for him. For one thing, if Yoda had left, it meant he didn?t want to see her again. And, there was knowing the bounty hunter was alone on her ship.

He had been waiting for her when she returned. If Fett was curious about where she had been, he didn?t say anything about it. He continued to be as restrained as the night before.

Now, he stood beside her, as cold and as silent as his reputation suggested.

?Fett.? She looked to him, but he ignored her, staring into the muck at the remains of his ship. ?I?m sorry about Slave I. You know I am. But I can?t stay here any longer. I?ve got to get to Coruscant. And I can?t, in good conscience, leave you here with no way off Dagobah.?

The bounty hunter was silent a moment longer, then nodded. ?Understood.?

Still they didn?t move from the bank, watching the ripples on the water and listening to the caws of predator birds somewhere in the distance. Cali waited, understanding how hard it would be, loosing your home. Loosing your past to some mud hole on some Force-forsaken planet, then having to place yourself in the hands of a time-honored enemy.

Finally, Fett turned and with a limping gait, headed back for the Anakillian Reef. Starshine fell in step beside him.

They didn?t say anything till they were flying away in her ship. Cali fought the turbulent atmosphere of the planet with an ease Fett had not been able to manage, and as the minutes ticked by, the arctic silence lengthened between them.

Stashine was entering the coordinates to Coruscant with Fett, sitting cold as ice in the co-pilot?s chair. Dagobah grew smaller and smaller below them.

?That ship was my father?s.?

Even though she had already known that to be true, the words still pained Cali. Knowing that she had been the one to insist that they leave, allowing Jango Fett?s ship, Boba?s last connection with his father, to sink into oblivion, only made it worse.

The bounty hunter, a quiet rage always boiling inside him, was good at pushing aside emotions. Not letting anyone know how he felt.

But Fett felt like he was dying inside. His father?s ship. Slave I. His home, his one place of sanctuary from the rest of the galaxy. Gone.

Like his father was.

A deep sorrow, tempered with the guilt at not being the son he knew Jango would have been proud of, threatened to fill Boba. He had nothing now. Nothing but one single purpose, and that was to fulfill the job he had taken to escape Sintas and Keimo. It was his purpose now to protect Starhine, and maybe even the Skywalker family.

Everything else had either been taken from him, or lost.

Beside him, his employer, with her damn sympathetic eyes, glanced at him, then looked away. He didn?t want her pity, Force blind her!

Rising from his seat, Fett said harshly ?I?ll be in the lounge.?

?Fett.? The compassion in her voice only made him all the more furious. If he hadn?t been star-crazed, gone off chasing her from one end of the galaxy to the next, he wouldn?t

4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Those Stormtroopers are realy bastards, ain't they?

Nice to see you got your outline back and are posting.

And two posts in a row! Thanks for the little summery at the begining of the first. It helped a lot to find back to where I left reading.

The posts were good, but I too also want to know what is going on with Ani and Obi.

5. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    YOU!!! :eek: YOU... You.... you........ :eek:

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE DOING ALL OF THIS!!!!!! :_|

YOU SADISTICLLY WONDERFUL HORRID BELOVED WRITER!!!! :_|

You were in OREGON!!?!?!?!?

*dies*

YOU WERE HERE AND I DIDN'T KNOW!??!!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pounds head into the ground*

Just so you know, I think that Cali needs a good kiss...... [face_love] [face_devil]

6. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    *Slowly back away from Jaid*

Yes, I was in Oregon. Like, three months ago. There was SARS in Taiwan, and I had to spend a week in quarenteen there before going to Texas.

Hmm...let me see. I was in the state capital, then Sandy, and then McMinville.

And YES, the next post will have Anakin in it.

Caslia

7. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    yay! a posty! thank you, thank you, thank you!!! *happy dances* poor han, vadey and obi better hurry!

but pls no vadey angst...i don't think i'd survive that...right now after i read of burdens and choices...

8. Blaster144

Jul 28, 2003
    *Delurks.*

Cas' you have got to get this no Ani angst kick your on. Your one of the best writers of it, we expect it from you. :D

Okay. I know I said I'd share another poem or something next month; but while I was reading through one of my books (Bloopers, Botches, and Blunders Life's hall of Shame; by Allan Zullo), I came across a truely bizzare story I just had to share. ;)

"Soon after nursing student Lisa Pitler learned the proper way to give a bath to a bedridden patient, she was assigned to her first nursing-home patient.

Seeing the elderly man was asleep, Pitler began to bathe him vary carefully. She was washing his feet when her instructor entered the room and asked, "How's the bath going?"

"It's going just fine," Pitler replied.

"Has the patient moved of made any noise?"

"No," said Pitler. "He's been quiet and seems to be enjoying the bath."

The instructor took Pitler out into the hall and told her,"The patient you were bathing died several hours ago." "

o_O I think this student needs to go back to the books. [face_devil]

You can't help but wonder how her observation skills got honed to such razor sharp perfection.

*Calmly gets out another can of sarcasm.*

That was a little dry, anyone got a can opener?

9. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    oh, yay, more! nah, i liked it, and any story posts are good....it's just that, as i had been online so long, and i had just finished rereading of burdens and choices before i read that post, i was not in a mushy mood and all. but i *am* very glad that you are back to writing :D and i am not pleased with the stormies right now....

10. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    You posted!!!

Fett is certainly getting his butt handed to him on a platter, now isn't he? Hope Cali keeps it up.

11. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    POOR HAN!!!! :_|

PLEASE HELP HIM!!!

POST MORE!!!

12. Blaster144

Jul 28, 2003
    *Comes out of shadows and delurks.*

Hi. :)

*Gets out gaint mallet.*

I just have enough time to do this...

*Hits the test your strength game in the corner.*

*Bang!*

UP!

*Puts away mallet and goes back into shadows.*

13. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm not even going to try and out do that up... However, UP anyway!

14. Blaster144

Jul 28, 2003
    *Comes out of shadows holding stuffed Vader doll.*

Look what I won from the test your strength game in another thread!

*Hugs Vader doll.*

Its so cute! :D

So anyone know when the next post is coming?

Anyone?

Well when you find out let me know. I'm lurking in alot of threads right now and can't stop right now.

Oh and Cas'...... Blackie says BAAAH. [face_devil]

*Walks back into shadows.*

I'm going to put Vader Doll in a safe place.

If anyone wants one they can play the Test your strength game.

*Leaves Thread.*

15. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    A post. Right. Working on it. I don't wanna write it! Han got all beaten up!!! :(

Okay, okay! I write it. :( But I feel really bad for Han!

More soon
    Caslia

16. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    :eek: cas, you evil author! is it just me or did all authors switch to the dark side? i mean, either they need ages for writing a new post, or they torture their characters or they let vadey die...and therefor they also torture their readers!

17. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    I'm back :D

I will read now.

~kithana

18. jendiggity

Sep 26, 2001
    no, daath, it's not just you. i have come to the same conclusion [face_plain]

19. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    One day i will keep my word but not today.

~Kithana

20. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    There's a new post at RotL 2! :D And I'm working on the new one for Sos! Half way done with it, in fact!

And Kee posted!

See, we didn't all turn to the Darkside. We only wanted you to think that. Umm...just why we wanted you to think that, I don't know.

You'll have to ask Kee, I don't know.

:D I feel like causing some mischief! :D
    Caslia

21. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    :D

Just as Cali and Fett were entering hyperspace, after having been delayed in their rescue mission to retrieve Padme from Coruscant, Skywalker and Kenobi were exiting it, on their search for the rebels.

They came out of hyperspace in a flash of stardust and desperation. Obi-wan was once again clinging to his seat as Anakin piloted them toward the planet Hiro.

?I swear to the Force,? Skywalker muttered for the thousandth time, ?if we don?t get to Luke and Leia in time??

?Calm yourself, Anakin.? Sighing, the Jedi Master peeled his hands from the armrest and leaned back in his seat; grateful they had survived. ?Impatience is-?

?I know, I know. The Darkside.?

They rounded the planet, a world of forests, plains and formidable mountains. The inhabitance where not known for liking outsiders, despite the fact they supplied many other worlds with food and pure drinking water. Well within the Empire?s boundaries, one might be surprise it was a rebel-gathering place.

But where better, than a world known for scorning space?

?I?m still not sure about this, Obi-wan.? The scanners continued to come up with no signals, nor Imperial crafts in the area. Anakin did a once-over of the scanner, then check the controls. ?True, they won?t recognize me. But you know I can?t just tell them who I am and not expect questions.?

?Just don?t go telling people you?re Darth Vader and I think everything will be fine.?

There was a dead silence and Obi-wan turned to ask what was going on. He found Anakin bent over the scanner, staring with dead eyes at the information it presented. Before his friend could ask, he flipped a switch, ran another search and waited. When the same negative tone sounded, Anakin shut his eyes tight and drew in a deep breath.

?Obi-wan?ours is the only ship here.?

Oh, Force.

Where was the Rebel fleet? Had they left already? Obi-wan had a moment of panic, thinking that Bail had betrayed them and somehow this was all a set up. He waited for a Star Destroyer to appear, for stormtroopers and tie fighters to fill his view. But the moment passed and nothing happened.

Yes, something had happened. They?d failed to find help. Now they had even less a chance of saving the twins.

The twins. What had become of them. And Padme. Was she alright? Had Cali gotten there in time or had something gone wrong?

?What am I going to do?? Anakin sighed; rested his forehead on the controls. He fought momentarily with his sense of utter defeat and his rising fear. The Darkside pulled at him again, but he pushed it away and searched for a solution.

They?d have to go back to Alderaan. Organa would know where the fleet was meeting next. They could still meet up with the rebels and then go after Luke and Leia.

?We have to go back.?

Obi-wan didn?t bother to argue or offer any other suggestions. Anakin could see from the bags under his friend?s eyes and the way he was carrying his arm, the older man?s body was beginning to feel the stress they were under. Kenobi needed rest.

?Go lie down.? He instructed the Jedi. When Obi-wan looked at him incredulously, Anakin once again had to force down his impatience. ?Look, you?re tired. You need to rest or you?ll be no good in a fight. Please, Obi-wan. I?ll be alright.?

?You sure??

Skywalker blinked, shook his head. ?No. To tell you the truth, I?m not sure about anything any more.?

That comment received an understanding nod. Kenobi gave him a half-hearted pat on the shoulder as he passed by, then Anakin was left alone in the little cockpit, trying to decide just what to do.

Time, he reminded himself, was growing short. Anakin hit the ship into full throttle, and the stars turned into streaks as hyperspace opened up before him.

The first rational thought Han was capable of forming was that he wished he could just black out again. The pain in his head was unbearable, a throbbing pain that beat against his temple with tremendous strength. He gasped when another wave hit him, causing a sharp pain in his chest. Along with a

22. jendiggity

Sep 26, 2001
    evil, evil, evil!

not that it's necessarily a bad thing... ;) and i am happy that we got some anakin :D

23. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

*sobs hysterically*

*shrieks*

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

HAN!!!!!!!

*SOBS*

24. Shinning_Star

Oct 27, 2000
    Umm...it's okay. *pats Jaid gently and hugs her* There, there.

*looks around worriedly*

Therapist? Please?

;)
    Caslia

25. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Those poor little kids! The bastards! The stinking... Little... Bastards!! **the asylum staff come up behind her and drag her away** I...Will...Get...REVENGE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.