main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bonding Experience (Luke, James Bond) Crossover Challenge #1-Author Responses 11/6/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Bonding Experience
    Author: brodiew
    Characters: Luke, James Bond.
    Timeframe: LOTF
    Crossover With:
    Summary: Luke has a job for a certain CSF agent.
    A/N: This is an entyry for the Crossover Challenge #1.

So, the challenge:

1. Take ONE character from Star Wars and write a scene where he/she meets ONE character from another fandom, be it Doctor Who, Stargate, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Firefly, The Lion King, Dracula, The Lord of the Rings? whatever!

2. The scene MUST be written only in DIALOGUE! ( )

3. It must include the following five words: intellectual, shebang, orientation, machete, camouflage.

?Master Skywalker, I?m not comfortable with this meeting, but because I was ordered here, you have my attention.?

?I am concerned that the Galactic Alliance Guard has come under a corrupt influence and I would like to place a man inside to see if that influence can be discovered.?

?Why do you think that CSF Intelligence would aid you in such a mission??

?Evil is evil, Mr???

?Bond. James Bond. But you knew that Master Skywalker.?

?I did.?

?What sort of camouflage would suggest I use to infiltrate GAG??

?You are a resourceful agent, Mr. Bond. At least, that is what I?ve heard; intellectual as well as efficient.?

?Perhaps Colonel Solo will be pleased by the defection of a one of CSF most competent agents.?

?Well, now, modestly certainly isn?t a problem of yours.?

?I?m exploring the possibilities for completing this mission successfully, Master Skywalker.?

?I understand you have a license to kill.?

?Yes.?

?That will not be necessary for this mission.?

?Killing is never my first choice. In fact, I try to avoid it.?

?Do you have a weapon of choice??

?I don?t see how that is relevant to this meeting, Master Skywalker. But, in the interest of full disclosure, I prefer a vibroblade, or the more primitive machete. Mandalorian iron is perfection.?

?Are you having fun with me, Mr. Bond??

?Perhaps, a little.?

?Fair enough. I expect you to be present for a mission orientation this evening at 1530 hours. This meeting was a preliminary contact.?

Very well, Master Jedi. I understand. You wanted to see if I was the man you wanted. Why give away the whole shebang to the wrong man.?

?I?m glad we understand each other, Mr. Bond.?

2. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Well you got me to read something that is not in "The Saga," so that is of note. :p

An interesting scene, you were limited by the rules of the challenge since you were only allowed to tell the scene in dialogue, but I think you managed to capture James Bond's personalty. He's a bit cold and a bit teasing. Loved the insertion of the classic Bond line! :)

Nice job. :)

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awesome job, brodie! You did exactly what I was hoping people would do -- define the characters solely by their dialog. I agree with jmsbndgrl, you perfectly captured Mr. Bond's personality. :D

=D==D==D=

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    jmsbndgrl: Thank you for detouring into 'Beyond' for this fic. I appreciate you reading. I'm glad that Bond met your approval. How was Luke?

Idrelle_Miocovani: Thanks for reading, Idrelle. Bond has a distinct flavor. I' glad I got him right.

5. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    I liked how he was adamant that Bond not use violence, it seemed to fit his character. So within context of your post I think you captured Luke the Jedi and Bond the spy well. It was quite clear what roles each one played. Like I said before, great job! :)

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    interesting idea to pull Bond into the far, far away galaxy :D
    nice to see him infiltrating GAG ;)

great job, brodiew

7. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    I loved the way you got the compulsory words in. That was a great little story brodiew you really made it feel like James Bond belonged in the star wars universe!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.