Bonds. Barry Bonds. Love Me or Hate Me.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by BarryBonds25, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Love me or hate me. I don't give a damn about the haters.
  2. DarthPoppy Force Ghost

star 4
    Yum, 'roids! And Human Growth Hormone ain't half bad either!
  3. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Impressive sure... but well... I like talent that isn't drug altered.
  4. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    So which AL team do we think he's going to? Yankees? Orioles? Detroit!?
  5. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3
    No proof of drugs. No failed drug tests. No substantiated evidence. You can disbelieve all you want, but until I see positive evidence that drugs were used, I refuse to believe the steroids talk.
  6. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Grand Jury testimony?

Or do we only acknowledge use of druge if he "knew" it was steroids?
  7. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Shh. We're not supposed to know about that. [face_shhh]
  8. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Illegally obtained grand jury testimony, which STILL proves nothing. He admitted to using substances that he was told were flaxseed oil and an arthritis balm, completely legal. The prosecutors were trying to say that those substances were steroids, but there was no conclusive link between the substances Barry Bonds used and those substances the prosecutors ALLEGED were steroids. The substances that Barry Bonds took were not proven to be steroids.
  9. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Grand jury testamony, convicted trainer, constant association, comparison of Bonds' numbers with age, comparison of his body to known side effects of steroids...

Any one, any two, any three, I'd be quite skeptical. But it keeps adding up.
  10. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I know what I see. When someone balloons in size like he did... only steroids can do that. Period.
  11. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    [image=http://www.alarmingnews.com/archives/Barry%20Bonds.jpg]
  12. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You obviously have never seen the effects of someone doing intense weight training then.
  13. DarthPoppy Force Ghost

star 4
    And your head usual only gets bigger (literally) if you juice with human growth hormone. And look at the side of Barry's head and compare it with what he looked like 10 years ago. This guy is using all kinds of performance enhancers.
  14. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3
    How do you account for Bonds hitting so many home runs this season? No one his age has ever hit that many homers.
  15. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    I think that's the point. His stats are reversed.
  16. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Hypothetical Question:

If you're Barry Bonds and you've just tied Hank Aaron's HR record the day before you leave on a 9 game road trip, what do you do?

17. Try to hit one out with every swing, to stuff it in someone's face and get the loudest boos in history? And probably, depending on the place, stuff thrown at him, etc.

18. Try NOT to hit a HR until you get back home?

19. Take a few days off?

20. Or what?
  21. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    And that's another thing. I don't give a **** about so many homeruns. This obsession some fans have with homeruns is ruining the game. All people want to see is flashy homeruns cuz it's all they understand about the game. Whatever happened to small ball? Strategy?
  22. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Except, he isn't failing any mandatory drug tests from MLB, so he's not using drugs. Therefore, his incredible stats at his age are anomalous, yes, but purely created by Barry himself.
  23. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    TV audiences. Televised baseball doesn't want to see that.
  24. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I think that's the point. His stats are reversed.

Exactly. People without steroids don't generally hit NEARLY so many HRs this late in their career.

And that's another thing. I don't give a **** about so many homeruns. This obsession some fans have with homeruns is ruining the game. All people want to see is flashy homeruns cuz it's all they understand about the game. Whatever happened to small ball? Strategy?

I agree. Still, the HR record is THE most hallowed record of American sports. I can't speak for non-American sports, but it far outclasses any other sports record in the US.
  25. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3

Please reference my last post.

26. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Not sound logic there. I believe it is the tests themselves within MLB that are flawed. Thus it is not conclusive that Bonds and many others are not using drugs.
  27. DarthPoppy Force Ghost

star 4
    That's part of the deal with Human Growth Hormone vs. Steroids. It is a permanent growth to your frame as well as more muscle. The effects don't "wear off". So what he did five years ago continues to effect his game.
  28. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Thing is, though, that there are many ways around the drug tests, even while still using them. Plus, the tests are still pretty darn new, and he's really only played one season with the testing. Therefore, the lack of a test really doesn't mean all that much.

Plus, there is NO testing for HGH in the league yet.
  29. BarryBonds25 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you believe Palmeiro is a user? What about Alex Sanchez, Guillermo Mota(the most recent to be banned for 50 games), and the others to have tested positive for drugs? What about Sammy Sosa? He never tested positive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.