main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bonds. Barry Bonds. Love Me or Hate Me.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by BarryBonds25, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Call it a conspiracy theory, but if baseball had a positive results, would they release it? Could they keep that under wraps?

I don't think they would want to release it. Baseball is "looking towards the future" (Thanks McQwire) and I don't think they want any more eyes on Bonds. I think they keep this stuff behind closed doors and away from any negative publicity.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Do you believe Palmeiro is a user? What about Alex Sanchez, Guillermo Mota(the most recent to be banned for 50 games), and the others to have tested positive for drugs? What about Sammy Sosa? He never tested positive.

The people that test positive most likely are using drugs, and many of them have admitted it (after the test of course).

Sammy Sosa had 1 season under testing, during which he didn't test positive, but he also played pretty poorly. Which is an indication that he may have been recently off steroids because of the testing.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh I believe Sosa, Palmiero and many others do/did steroids. It is rampant in MLB.

4. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Bonds is the one who may very well get the most coveted record in all of sports. That's what makes him stand above the others.

5. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Never mind the steroids, the guy is a complete dinkwad.

Pulling his son in like that to use as a human shield against the media? Real smooth, Barry.

I didn't think I'd ever understand why Giants fans can still support that lug when pretty much the ENTIRE Baseball World (including former teammates) just can't stand Barry "ME ME ME" Bonds, but i did hear some very sound reasoning on one of those latenight talkshows.

Barry signed a longterm deal in San Fran back when Baseball was abolutely dead there. It was a huge statement to the fans that baseball was back.

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    How many world series winners rings do you own Mr Bonds?

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    None?

8. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Hell, even if you think he did cheat, he's still the best of this generation, as his prime was lightyears ahead of Sosa's and McGwire's. :p

9. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    That to me is what makes Bonds even worse and more frustrating than McGwire and Sosa. Bonds didn't need to cheat the game. He was already the best of his generation and one of the best ever without taking that stuff. He cheated out of ego and jealousy over the intention lesser players were getting. It is too bad he wasn't more secure, Griffey Jr., who was secure enough in his God given ability and his place in baseball history, that he didn't feel the need to cheat.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    HGH is very hard to detect, if it can be detected at all. It is taken as part of a cocktail of other subtsances some of which fight side effects and some of which make it even harder to detect the presence of HGH.

But let's not think the old time greats were saints. Before steroid usage there was wide spread use of amphetamines.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Report in from ESPN.

Bonds to the Giants for 1 year.

12. BarryBonds25

BarryBonds25 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2003
  13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It really doesn't surprise me at all that he stuck with the Giants. It's probably the only city in the U.S. where he still has fans. Plus, the park was literally designed for him so it should make getting those final 22 HRs easier. I could have pictured him going to an AL team as a DH but even that seemed like a stretch to me.

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Figured this was coming sooner or later. As Darth-Lando said, its the only city that likes him

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Barry Bonds failed a drug test!

(well, it was for amphetamines, not steroids, but at least it's a start)

(And, geez, Barry, first it's I don't know what they put in the stuff they gave me, I just took it, and now it's "it must have come from something I took from a teamate I'm currently throwing under the bus". You really need to start either a) coming up with better lies or b) asking what is in the things you take from other people)

16. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Yeah, Bonds playing stupid just isn't going to work for me.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Number of people surprised by this: Zero.

18. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    *waits for BarryBonds25 to defend Barry about this*

19. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Damn, I'm trying to come up of a defense for him, but I can't. That really hurt, seeing REAL evidence other than all of your hatred towards him.

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Ouch. This dramatically reduces what little image he has left.

21. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Yu're acting like the hatred wasn't warranted.

22. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    lawlz

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

23. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    See, Barry, when you only start to perform *after* leaving the Pirates, karma smacks you down.

24. RealMadrid

RealMadrid Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 28, 2005
    You're joking, right? He won the first two of his MVP awards in Pittsburgh and he arguably could have won in 1991 as well, getting narrowly beat out for the award by Terry Pendleton.

25. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Yeah Barry was pretty damn good while he was a Pirate.

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.