main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bonds of the Released, BIG JA AU, 2/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    I must be crazy to be starting another thread but I get so many plot bunnies and so little time. <sigh> Just so you know, this one is only going to be upped once a week. I've got to much to do to do more. You know: school, school, school, homework, fit in a social life somewhere.

Summary: Obi-Wan is a slave and Qui-Gon never became a Jedi.
    Spoilers: None that I can think of.
    Disclaimers: George owns them. I wouldn't harm them much. Well, at least not Qui-Gon.

He snorted. That?s probably why it happened. His life couldn?t get too boring, now could it?

His chin resting in his hand, his gaze on the small figure in an over sized bed. Satin sheets and feathered comforters made more of a small lump then the person lying there. Pillows lined the headboard; all embroidered or hand sewn, more for show then use. The bed, Force the whole room was probably overkill. But then that?s all he had in his home. Correction. His mansion.

He shifted in his seat, looking for a more comfortable position. Though the chair wasn?t that comfortable to began with. Made out of fine Alerrain Cherry Wood, intricately carved with a red satin cushion, the chair matched the rest of the room. Expensive, elegant?and very uncomfortable.

Why did I even buy this stuff? Jinn thought for the hundredth time today. I don?t even use this room unless I have quests, and that?s only if the other couple dozen quest rooms were being used. And when was the last time I had a completely full house? It?s not like I have many parties. Or at least ones that require people to stay the night. His own room was more? modest then this. Yes, he had the best that was available, but Qui-Gon made sure that all of it to his tastes and one of those was just simple simplicity. None of this snob-nosed, high classed overkill on luxury that filled the room he found himself in. He snorted again and almost laughed. He was one of those snob-nosed, high-class people. Or at least to those that didn?t know him.

To them, he was one of the richest, most successful businessmen in the Republic. Owner of one the largest shipping companies, plus several smaller enterprises, the name Qui-Gon Jinn brought wonder to many. Manly those who wished they had even half of his riches. Not to mention that he ruled his own world.

Well, almost.

If he really wanted to, he knew he could. Between his money and power, the planet that he had his home on could easy be in his total and unbreakable control. But he was perfectly happy with simply being on the small board of advisers that reported to the King. He had enough to think about with his ships that he didn?t need a planet on top of it.

To those who knew him, really knew him, he wasn?t at all like most other stuck-up rich and wealthy people that he had to associate with. While he wasn?t being egotistical or full of himself, he did know that he was kind hearted, friendly and could never turn down a poor-suffering soul. A fact that irritated his staff to no end. Though they personally wouldn?t have it any other way, they did grimace every time he ?handed out their pay check?, as he heard his accountant say once, to every desperate person that came to his door.

But then, almost half his staff for the house had come into his service that way. What a better way to help them get back on their feet then with a job?

He came back to the present as the heavy wood door opened silently behind him. He already knew who was coming in before he had turned around. And he knew that because of his ability to use the Force. That was one the few things that he kept from all but his most trusted servants and friends. All of which he could count on two hands.

He smiled softly at the entering woman. Dark haired, fair skinned and sad eyed, Shmi Skywalker, while not an instant beauty was nevertheless beaut

2. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Cool! I have never seen anything like this before. More?

3. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Never thought of something like this before............How come you always beat Obi up anyway? ;)

4. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    Haha! No Anakin!!.... right?

*puppy eyes*

Please say Anakin's not in this story?? Because if he is... *evil look* [face_devil] I have a bazooka, and I know how to use it.

*innocent grin* :D

Not like I would or anything.

5. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hmmm, this is very interesting! I think I liket his beginning! More?

6. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    oh more please this sounds really good

7. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    ApprenticeM ~ How come I always beat up Obi? First of all, I've only put up two fics. And second, are you complaning? What? You don't like Obi-torture? [face_devil]

Anakin? Um, no not in this one. At least not until the very end. Maybe.

More next week, folks.

~Swede :D

8. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    MoreMoreMoreMoreMoreMoreMoreMoreMore.....please?
    This is really good

9. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Me? Not like Obi torture? thinks about that statement...... Um, I think this'll solve any misunderstandings:

So when does the torture start? :D

10. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001

Anakin! You better not put that little snot in here! *Pouts* If you do I won't read this story anymore!.........*Thinks about it*

Actually, I still will, but PLEASE don't put him in there! PLEASE!?

11. Ginger_Ninja

Ginger_Ninja Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2001
    VERY original Swede! Cool idea! I LOVE it and there's only been ONE post!!! :D

Great work and I SOOOOO can't wait to till the next post! ;)

12. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    "MORE MORE MORE...How do ya like it? How do ya like it?...MORE MORE MORE!"

:D

13. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    What Ginger_Ninja said :p

14. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    That first post was great!
    I'm looking forward to the next one next week...Hopefully :)

15. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Yay! No Anakin! *Happy dance* I like it so far, it's very original! :)

More soon please! :D

16. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Oh my!

I didn't think so many people were going to read and like this. [face_blush] Thanks everyone!

[face_love] [face_blush] :D [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

~Swede :p

17. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
  18. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    more please :)

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Just upping this.

20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UPPING!?!?!

Post!!!!!!! :D

21. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Ahh, slave Obi. I love slave Obi stories. I like slave Qui-Gon stories too, but I don't see as many of those. Looking forward to some more of this. :)

22. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    I think I speak for all when I say...

"Swede, it's time for a post!"

WE all have our own torture techniques to go after fic writers and we're not afraid to use them. (I know I am not [face_devil] )

Knight_Obi

23. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Nice AU idea, I want to see what's going to happen next.
    I hope Ani is not in the story, no offends, I just...just...like a father\son relationship between Obi\Qui more. *Don't hate me please.* :)

24. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great start. It's a very different idea for a story. This could be interesting. :)

25. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    interesing idea, will be watching for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.