main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bonds of the Released, BIG JA AU, 2/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    No offence Athen. I like the father/son relationship too. And Anakin's not in this one. The sequel yes, but not this one. [face_devil]

[face_blush] Glad everyone likes this. :D
    Obi-Wan slowly focus on the two figures, one familiar one sitting next to him, the other standing right behind her. He bit back another groan. Stars, it hurt just to breathe. His arm ached too, followed closely by his head. Next time he was going to think before he tried taking out a slaver. Especially a very mad one.

He was glad though that Shmi was ok. At least he hadn?t taken the beating in vain. He tried to turn so he was facing Shmi better but a sharp pain ran up his side and he cried out.

?Shh, Obi-Wan. Don?t move. The Doctor said you haven?t completely healed yet.?
    Obi-Wan stopped moving and gave a single nod in understanding.

?Are you hungry??

He was but he didn?t think he could get up right now. Plus, didn?t Shmi just tell him not to move?

?Yes.? He whispered. Shmi smiled down at him then got up.

?I thought so. I?ll get you something.?

After she had left his field of vision, Obi-Wan focused on the other figure. The man was huge. Tall and broad shouldered, he was one of the largest men Obi-Wan had ever seen. And that was saying a lot considering slavers liked having big brutes for guards.

At first, Obi-Wan thought he was a guard, but he was dressed too nice for that. He was wearing a white buttoned-up shirt and black pants, simple but he could tell they were the best quality. His hair was long and part of it pulled back. Obi-Wan noticed he also had bright, intelligent blue eyes, ones that could be either cold and cruel or warm and kind. Who ever this man was he was no guard.

?Are you?our Master?? Obi-Wan whispered. He admitted he was a little scared. He always tried to make a good impression on his new owners; it was easier to stay on their good side longer. He had no doubts that laying in a bed unable to move let alone work, plus taking up what ever medical supplies that had been used on him so far, wasn?t the best way to make a good impression.

The man scowled and Obi-Wan tried not to cringe. Come on, Obi, you?ve faced worst then this. You did work for Jabba the Hutt once.

The man seemed to notice his reaction and smiled suddenly, as if to reassure him. Obi-Wan immediately like it. It was warm and sincere.

?No, I?m not you?re master. You have no need for a master anymore. You are free now.?
    Obi-Wan just stared at him. The words coming completely unexpected.

He blinked.

What?! No master? No need? What?

Free?

How? When? Why?

Free?

Really? How? For real?

He couldn?t believe it. It was some kind of wonderful dream. That?s it. A dream. He had had dreams before of being free. But then he had been a Jedi, something that he had always wanted to do. And he had roamed the galaxy helping others and fighting evil.

There were those visions too. The ones that were more real then dreams and had a tendency to come true. Though he wasn?t always thrilled about it. Most of the time they were showing something bad that was going to happen. A couple had shown him training to be a Jedi, free and doing what he pleased. But not all his visions came true and he had always thought, while it would be nice if it did happen, that those were some of the ones that wouldn?t occur.

But now he was lying in some bed, one of the biggest he had ever seen, and a giant of a man was telling him that he was no longer a slave.

Free!

That single word brought hope and joy.
    Could it be true? He wished fiercely that it were.

?R-really?? He finally stammered.

The large man nodded a smile still on his lips. ?Yes, really. Shmi is free too.?

Unspeakable joy filled Obi-Wan. The room seemed to suddenly brighten. He swore right then that he could fly.

FREE!!!

He was finally free. No more masters. No more whips, beatings, auctions, or starving. He could leave when he wanted to, go where he wanted to, and not have to tell anyone; not have to worry about getting in trou

2. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    OH HOW CUTE! Cute little Obi! He's just so cute and.............[face_blush]

So I like Obi-Wan a lot.

So what?

[face_blush]

3. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    A post, wow, happy dance!!!

This story is wonderful! I love it!

The part where Obi-Wan is thinking about being a Jedi after learning that he is free is very good.
    I think you did a very good job catching slaves' dreams and thoughts.
    More and more soon? please? I want to know what happen next.
    p.s. I apologize for any language errors, because English is not my first language. I am sorry. :)

4. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    I loved Obi-Wan's reaction to being told he was free!

:D MORE :D

5. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Wonderful!!!

BTW, How old is Obi in this??

6. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Excellent story. Poor Obi, he seemed so embarassed. Can't wait to see the nxt post. :)

7. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
  8. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Short post. I was planning to put this up on Thur but the computer at home wasn't working right. Nothing big happens just a nice little piece. Maybe more later.

The gardens that Mr. Jinn owned where quite extensive. They completely surrounded the mansion that was the man?s house. Trees and hedges lined the borders, keeping wandering tourist and curious locals from gawking. Flowers bordered the cobble and dirt paths that crisscrossed the gardens.

Purples, blues, reds and a multiple of other colors decorated the ground before giving way to large fields of green. The grass swayed in the lit breeze. Shmi thought it was quite peaceful and a huge change from the constant tans and browns of Tatooine.

She stopped as she watched a fountain slashing in the sunlight. She had seen them before when she was little girl, before she had been sold. She smiled slightly as the water sprayed in any direction, creating tiny rainbows in the air. She wondered what Obi-Wan would think of this. He had basically grown up on the sand planet and water was a rarity. But the boy was still healing and wouldn?t be leaving his bed for a few more days.

She continued her stroll, making her way to one of the estate borders. She took a path that led her under a row of shading trees. Their branches dipped to just above her head, their green leaves looking full and bright. She thought of Mr. Jinn, he kept telling her to call him Qui-Gon, and how he would have to duck to walk along here. She laughed lightly thinking of the tall man picking out leaves and twigs from his hair.

She found herself at the end of the path overlooking a small pond. Cattails and tall grasses edged the water while lilies floated quietly around. Willows, oaks and other leafy trees surrounded the pond. A songbird chirped and whistled from one of the treetops. A gently breeze swayed the branches and made small ripples on the water, rocking the lilies. Sunlight filtered through the leaves creating warm spots randomly around the pond. The pond it?s self was shade free and light sparkled off the small waves. Shmi instantly liked the small oasis.

She moved to the other side and sat under one of the trees leaning against the trunk. She sat there quietly for some time, enjoying the peace and beauty. Shmi breathed in the fresh air, not tasting any dirt or sand.

The ex-slave was very thankful for the peace she had been given and hoped that the boy she cared for as a son would find it soon too.

9. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    :D Nice describtion of the gardens Swede.... So Obi's her "son" huh?

10. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    A short post is better than no post. :)

Great story, the gardens are so well described I can just about picture them Excellent. :)

11. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    awwwwww :) very nice :)

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Here's the longer post I was going to put this weekend. Enjoy.

The constant splashing was at the same time, frightening and wonderful. Though Obi-Wan didn?t think he had been born on Tatooine, all of his memories were of the dry sand planet. All he had ever known was of hot, double-sun bright days and dark, freezing nights. He knew what the freedom of exploring the caves and canyons that the pod racers used for a track was like and how it felt to be bond and whipped by Jabba the Hutt?s men. But in all that, the one constant was that water was always to be saved and was sometimes worth even more then your life. And water wasted, like in a fountain he was now sitting next to, was something you simply just didn?t do. So the fact that he was now sitting next to one, carefully dipping his uninjured hand in the cool liquid, was enough to make Obi-Wan second guess his whole existence. The whole thing was too much like a dream to be real.

He had been here for almost a week. And so far it was the best days of his life. When he woke up after that first time, Shmi had been sitting in a near-by chair reading. The two had talked for a while, going over what had happened to them and just stuff in general. They had been interrupted by a gray haired woman entering the room with another tray of food followed by a man whom Obi-Wan quickly was introduced to as the doctor. The older woman was Mirtha Deelo, the Head Mistress for the house.

The Doctor was a plump, balding man with a red face and forehead, either from drinking or laughing. What was left of his hair ringed his head and still had some traces of blond from his youth and a white goatee around his mouth. He told a lot of jokes, most Obi-Wan didn?t get, but the Doctor didn?t seem to mind that no one else laughed. The Head Mistress was about the same age as the Doctor, which Obi-Wan thought was just a little younger then dirt. Her durasteel gray hair was pulled back in a loose bun and she was dressed in a lit blue and white homespun dress. Her apron was filled with an assortment of things that Obi-Wan was sure all had very important jobs. Mirtha had already met Shmi and the two seemed to get along rather well.

He had eaten another tray full of food and endured the doctor?s check-up. Meanwhile Shmi and Mirtha had talked about whatever women liked to talk about. When the doctor had pronounced that he was recovering nicely, the two women had started their own inspection. Obi-Wan had to say that while he cared for Shmi and liked the Head Mistress, he would have much rather had gone through another one of the doctor?s examination. The two women poked, pinched and prodded him ?til he was sure he was sliding back in his recovery. And if that hadn?t been bad enough, they also asked him a thousand questions or more of how he felt and if this hurt and do you need anything else ?dear?.

He sighed. He had survived it though and now he was relaxing next to one of the many fountains found in Jinn?s gardens.

He bit his lip. He had only found out two days ago in whose house he was staying at. He had finally asked Shmi who had saved them and when she told him he had gone nearly hysterical.

Qui-Gon Jinn. One of the most powerful and richest people in the universe.

And he, Obi-Wan Kenobi, a mere slav? err? former slave was staying at his estate. Obi-Wan wasn?t sure if he should be jumping for joy or begging for the man to forgive him. Or maybe both.

Obi-Wan sighed again and rubbed his face in frustration. He wasn?t even sure what his was supposed to do anymore. He had tried to make his bed this morning. Not that easy when you have a cast and bone-knitters on one arm and bandages around his chest, when Mirtha had burst in and told him that he was still healing and shouldn?t be working and that it was her job. Then the woman had chased him out and told him to get some fresh air. So here he was, relaxing in the gardens, getting some fresh air and feeling totally out of place.

A shadow fell over him and he looked up in surprise. He squinted into t

13. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    <looks around> Where'd everyone go? Isn't anyone reading this? :(

~Swede

14. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    WOW!!!!!!!! That was great!!

15. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    'Jinn hid a smile. ?Stop. Breathe.? '

LOL! More again!!!

16. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    More soon please? :D

17. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Just upping this. :D

18. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    Si, we are reading this.

:D

Lo siento, pero I'm only a first-yearer in Espanol.

So, you'll be getting a lot of mixed Espanol/Ingles stuff here.

This is a very good story. A nice switch from RRK's An Uncertain Path.

RRK's story is just as good, only it's full of moronic Qui-Gon, stupid little Anakin, and trolls with too many hobbies.

Your story is full of an enslaved Obi-Wan, Shimi, (I don't really like her though. After all, SHE'S the one who gave birth to Anakin), and a *gasp* nice Qui-Gon.

Is this making any sense to you?

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    :D Just happy to serve. I understood Seeker2. I thought it would be a good idea to have a nice Qui-Gon for once, unlike RRK's story.

And now for the weekly dose.
    Qui-Gon smiled broadly down at the boy. The boy had such innocence and sweetness despite him having been a slave. He had felt some kind of connection the first time he had seen the lad on the slave ship and it only seemed to be getting stronger since.

The businessman trailed a hand through the water. Obi-Wan watched him with barely veiled wonder. Shmi had told him that Obi-Wan had spent most of his life on Tatoonie. The boy probably had never seen so much vegetation or water in his life.

He straightened. ?How would you like to go for a walk? I can show you around.?

Obi-Wan?s face lit up. ?Really? It?s ok??

Qui-Gon smirked. ?I?m sure it?s ok.? Obi-Wan nodded tentatively. ?Then let?s go.?

Qui-Gon gave Obi-Wan a basic tour of the gardens and surrounding estate. He spent the time telling the former slave about the flowers and trees in the garden. Then told a little about his own past, growing up on the planet, how his father was the founder of Jinn Shipping, and most of his life was spent preparing to take over. Though it had been hard work, Qui-Gon enjoyed most of his childhood, and was grateful for all that he had now.

Obi-Wan opened up a little too, talking about various adventures he had had. The boy was hesitant about saying anything and Qui-Gon did his best to be understanding and supportive. He didn?t talk much about any of the people that had owned him save to name who was his master at the time of the story.

Hours later, the sun setting, Qui-Gon finally suggest that they rest when he saw Obi-Wan struggling to keep up and sweat beading on his forehead. He cursed himself silently. The boy was still healing and Qui-Gon had led them tromping around the grounds. He motioned over to a fallen log and the two took their seats.

Obi-Wan had an arm wrapped around his chest, a pained expression on his face.

?Obi-Wan? What?s wrong, young one??

The boy didn?t look up and just shook his head.

Qui-Gon frowned. His chest. It had to be his chest. Doctor Heyuka told him that the bone-knitters had done their job, but obviously the boy was still sore. Qui-Gon debated calling a speeder to come get them. He looked up and glanced around. No, they had circled around and weren?t far from the house.

?Forgive me, Obi-Wan. I wasn?t thinking. I shouldn?t have gone so far.?

Obi-Wan looked up at him in surprise the second time that day. Ruefully, Qui-Gon realized that the boy was rarely apologized to, and never by someone in power.

?No, sir? Qui-Gon, it?s not your fault. I?ll be alright.? He ducked his head. ?I guess I?m just tired.?

Qui-Gon didn?t totally believe him but let it be. For now anyway. ?We?ll rest here a moment then head back.? He slide down the log so he was sitting on the ground and was almost eye level with Obi-Wan. The two sat there silently, watching the setting sun and enjoying each other?s company. Qui-Gon finally spoke up. ?Do you like it here, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan looked up startled by the question. ?Of course I do, sir. It?s beautiful here. I?m not hungry or cold and Shmi is here. And the best part is I?m free!? The boy?s face was glowing with happiness.

Qui-Gon smiled, feeling relieved. ?I?m glad. I just want you and Shmi to be happy.? He turned toward the boy. The Force was telling him something. Something the young one wanted. ?Obi-Wan, you?ve been through a great deal, young one. I only want to help.? He paused, unsure on how to proceed.

?Oh, but you?ve done so much already!? Obi-Wan interrupted. ?I owe you so much! Y-you set me and Shmi free. And then? then you healed me and? and Shmi, I?ve never seen her so happy!?

?Remember to breathe, young one. I?m pleased that you and Shmi are happy.? Qui-Gon decided to try another tactic. And he was pretty sure Obi-Wan could keep a secret. ?Would you like to see a trick, Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon asked with a mischievo

20. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Cool post! That was really sweet of Qui, but poor Obi!

More soon please! :D

21. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Awww that was so cute! And I LOVE nice Qui! :D Mush is good! I like mush :)

22. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    And would those "two friends" be Mace and Tahl? :D

Obi's so cute........

23. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
  24. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    And on with the story.

?Sir? What?s wrong??

Qui-Gon glanced down then back to the women standing in the doorway, barring any entrance. Obi-Wan pocked his head up then gave a small smile.

?Good evening, Mistress Mirtha.?

?Good evening to you too, young Obi-Wan. I trust you?ve had a good day??

?Yes, ma?am.? He glanced up at Qui-Gon. ?Qui-Gon showed me the gardens. I liked them a lot.?

?Good. Now I?m sure you?re hungry. Cook has your dinner all ready.?

Obi-Wan gazed up at the man holding him, his face questioning. Qui-Gon tightened his grip. The boy sighed.

?He can eat in his room, Mirtha. I?ll take him there.?

The elderly women placed hands on hips. ?And why can?t he get there himself??

Qui-Gon knew when he was being trapped. ?He?s alright. Just some food and a night of rest and he?ll be fine.?

The head maid took a step forward. ?And just how did he get so tired? I told him to get some fresh air. Not go gallivanting through the countryside.?

?We were walking, not ?gallivanting?.?

?Qui-Gon?? Obi-Wan whispered. ?I don?t want to be a problem. I can leave.?

Qui-Gon tightened his hold on the boy. ?Not on your life.? He growled back. ?You?re the only thing keeping me from her full wrath.? The businessperson lightened his tone so not to frighten the boy. ?Besides, it is my fault that you were in pain. I can at least make sure you get to your room.?

Obi-Wan bit his lip but Qui-Gon picked minor traces of joy, wonder, and satisfaction in the Force.

?I don?t care if the Supreme Chancellor himself told you to go out,? Mirtha continued. ?You should have known better than to drag this poor boy all over your estate showing off your prized flowers. He?s still recovering, and Master or not, I?m not going to let you be so pigheaded that you?re going to risk that boy?s health.?

?Pigheaded?? Qui-Gon moved closer until he was standing right in front of the stubborn lady. The women, as he had known she would, didn?t stand down. Instead she continued to stay there as if she were the owner of the place, ready to guard all within from whatever harm the world would throw at them. And at the moment, Qui-Gon seemed to be that harm. ?I?m pigheaded? I?m not the one keeping my own employer out in the cold, harsh elements while holding a tired and hungry boy in his arms. And for your information, I would never do anything that would jeopardize Obi-Wan in anyway.? Qui-Gon picked up more surprise and joy from the boy as he said the words. He was rather pleased about that himself.

Mirtha just continued to stare up at him. ?I need to be pigheaded with you running this place. If it wasn?t for me, you would just be doing willy-nilly whenever you pleased.? The women gave one more hard look at Qui-Gon, a softer, kinder one to Obi-Wan then stepped aside to let them in.

?Why thank you.? Qui-Gon said as he entered the hallway. ?It?s so nice of you to let us in.?

Mirtha just smiled sweetly and lead them down the hall. After a couple minutes she spoke to Obi-Wan.

?How are you doing, child? Cold? I can get you some extra blankets. And don?t worry about dinner, I?ll have it sent down as soon as we get you settled in.? She caught the glance Obi-Wan gave Qui-Gon. ?Now, don?t you worry about Master Jinn. You have to stick up for yourself; don?t be doing what you think he?d like best. You do what you want too. Stars knows the man does gets he?s way enough of the time. Somebody has to stand up to him.?

?I am right here, Mirtha.?

?Oh, I know Master.?

Qui-Gon glared at her back. Sometimes he could almost fire her. Almost. But really, he wouldn?t have it any other way. Mirtha had been with him since he was a boy, and was in fact one of the few people that did talk back to him, telling him when he had stepped out of line or done something wrong.

He glanced down at the boy in his arms. He crin

25. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!!! :)

LOL!!! Hah! That was funny! :D I like people who can make Qui blush! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.