main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bonds of the Released, BIG JA AU, 2/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    That was nice, what will Qui do about that room? He's not going to spoil Obi rotten is he? Can't wait for the next post. :)

2. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    I know too much, he decided. And secrets can never be good. But still he kept on.

The halls were warm and well light, but Jensen still shivered. He walked as slow as he could without it actually being called dawdling. He held a datacard in his sweaty hands and nervously toyed with it as he moved. His eyes darted around in a fruitless attempt to track anything that would be following him. But that was a stupid thing to do, he told himself. You can?t track what would follow him. If it was. He didn?t stop glancing around though.

Stop it! Stars, I?ve done this enough, you?d think I would be used to it by now. But no. He doubted he would ever get used to his job.

He slowed as he neared the door, taking shaky breaths to calm his thudding heart. His hands started to tremble and he almost dropped the datacard. He scrambled to catch it and forced himself to believe that he was still alive as he stood once more. Wiping his hands on the side of his pants he told himself that it would be all right. His master had been in a good mood lately. And as far as he knew, nothing had disrupted that.

Yeah, until I give him the report.

He wondered how long he could stall when the double doors slide open. Jensen swallowed then walked in. No one was in the outer room, but Jensen didn?t hesitate. He knew were to go. He walked to the far wall, glanced around to make sure no one could see him, and touched a corner in a 2D painting of a pair of birds.

If he didn?t work here, Jensen might have like it the picture. One bird was white, it?s wings stretched out wide and looking peaceful, gliding along on the wind. Long tail feathers trailing behind it with grace. The other was blood red with black eyes. It?s feathers short and sharp, there was nothing ?graceful? about it. It was perched on a branch behind the white, staring at it with almost a hateful look. As if it was planning something. Overall the painting was beautifully done. The colors bright and lines crisp. The two birds, from what Jensen had heard, were native to some planet in the outer rim and natural predator and prey. Jensen found it all too fitting and wondered how anyone didn?t pick up on the real meaning. But to do that, they would have to now whom the two birds really represented. And Jensen wasn?t sure if that was a good thing or not

A wall by the picture slide open without a sound and Jensen hurried in; knowing this was the one place he couldn?t stall. He entered the pitch-black room and moved through it with ease. He stopped in the middle and bowed.

?Reporting, master.?

For a long moment there was no sound, just a not-so-peaceful silence. Then something scrapped and Jensen could almost imagine the chair turning.

?What have you brought me this time, my young friend??

Jensen went into an automatic mode, not letting his brain tell him how he should be fleeing and telling the first person he met what he knew. He went through the various dealings that his master was interested in. Spice and slave runs, Hutt takeovers, Jedi movements in certain areas; the politicians that could be bought and did what they were told, the ones that had been paid and didn?t. A half-hour later he finished. The glow from the datacard in his hand was the only light in the room and all that did was show how nervous Jensen was.

?And what news on my purchase? Has it arrived yet??

Jensen was sure he just saw his life flash before his eyes. Hmm, it was more interesting then he thought.

?M-my master. It seems the? traders have gone um? missing.?

A pause then, ?Missing??

?It seems they were? intercepting another ship and? were boarded in turn.?

?And my purchase??

?The crew was killed or captured, my lord. As for the? cargo, the other ship took it all.?

?Who? Another slaver??

?N-no, my master. A? a transport. The other ship belonged to Jinn Shipping.?

The unseen man hissed and Jensen took a step back. ?Jinn.?

Jensen continued to wait knowing he hadn?t been dismissed yet. He let the silence calm his racing heart. His

3. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    Interesting and some what creepy.

Must read some more...please :)

4. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    was his purchess a particular boy? or just the whole lot? more please

5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Oooooh...sinister... :eek:

More soon Swede! :D

6. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
  7. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    This story really needs a new post. It's a good one. And we didn't any Obi-Wan in the last post. :)

8. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    Can we please have another post?

Please :)

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Sorry about not posting. I had to finish one part and I couldn't find it in the books.

?Come in.?

The door opened quietly and a small red-haired head poked in.

?Qui-Gon??

Qui-Gon looked up from his reports and smiled at the boy. ?Good afternoon, Obi-Wan. Don?t be shy; come in.?

The boy grinned and pushed the door open more as he entered. He stared wide-eyed at the walls around him. Qui-Gon?s study/library had three walls, floor to ceiling full of books while the fourth wall was all windows. Leather chairs and couches filled the open space with green plants set in between. Qui-Gon himself was at his desk set in one of the corners by the windows. He was currently working on the monthly financial reports.

?Is there something I can do for you, young one??

Obi-Wan finally finished his inspection and turned back to Qui-Gon.

?Mirtha says there?s someone here to see you.?

The businessman raised an eyebrow. ?Oh? Why doesn?t she send them up??

?Um, they said they wanted to stay in the gardens. They didn?t want to leave their ship alone.?

?You mean their speeder.? Qui-Gon said as he stood, stacking his datacards in a pile for later.

?No, their ship.? The boy?s eyes lit up. ?It?s really wizard. I think it?s a two person, kinda looks like a fighter but not really. It?s got a GRI-25 sublight engine and a set of Striker antennas.? The boy was partially dancing up and down. Qui-Gon chucked at him despite being puzzled.

?A ship. In the gardens?? There was a landing pad a couple kilometers out, which was where most of his quests landed if they have had too. The gardens weren?t allowed.

?Yep.?

?Did Mirtha say who it was?? Qui-Gon exited his study and started down to the gardens. Obi-Wan followed.

?No. But she did say you knew them. Or at least one of them. She looks nice though.?

?She??

?Mmm hmm.?

?What did she look like??

?Um?? Obi-Wan scrunched his eyebrows as he thought. ?She?s shorter then you and has black hair with dark skin. Don?t really dark, just tan. She was also wearing a long brown robe that covered her clothes. The shorter one was wearing the same thing, only she had her hood up.?

Qui-Gon stopped. ?They were wearing robes? With hoods??

Obi-Wan looked puzzled now. ?Um yeah. Is that a problem??

Qui-Gon started to laugh. ?Oh, no, young one. I understand why they landed in the gardens now. And why Mirtha sent you to get me.?

?Good, at least one of us does.?

Qui-Gon chuckled and set a hand on the boy?s small shoulders. ?Don?t worry, Obi-Wan, she?s a friend. And I?m glad she?s here. I needed to talk to her anyway.?

?About what? And who is she??

?Patience. You?ll see in a minute, young one.? Obi-Wan scowled again but didn?t say anything more. The two continued to walk through the mansion halls in comfortable silence. The boy was getting used to living in the large house, Qui-Gon mused. Once he was completely healed, he had spent the next four days exploring the house and grounds, coming back at night exhausted but happy. Then Shmi, Obi-Wan and he would have dinner together. The boy would tell about what he had found that day in-between mouth full?s of food.

Qui-Gon had just yesterday finally gotten around to cleaning out some rooms for Obi-Wan to pick from. The boy had gone ecstatic when he found out that he was getting a room all to himself. He had finally picked one that was down the hall from his pervious one but still close to Shmi?s. He had spent half the day rearranging it and searching Qui-Gon house for furniture that he could use. Qui-Gon had offered to buy the boy what he liked, but Obi-Wan had declined, saying that he already owed him enough and that his own room was more then enough. Qui-Gon was hoping the boy would go with the servants later this week when they picked up food and supplies in the town market. Then maybe he would get some stuff for himself.

The warm afternoon sunlight filtered through the open door leading out to the gardens. Qui-Gon followe

10. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow! Awesome! So, Tahl's in the story? How do they know each other then?

More soon please! :D

11. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    UP!!!! :D

Cool Swede! Ooh what's Tahl got to do with everything hmmmmm?

12. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Hows about another post soon. I really like this AU.

13. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon is not a Jedi but he still knows Tahl, I wonder how they met? :)

Waiting for the next post.

14. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    Still waiting. :)
    Please post more soon. :)

15. Seeker2

Seeker2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2001
    *mimics Obi-Wan's scream in TPM*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*gasp* It is the... the... Tahl! The most dangerous of all creatures!!

She's the one who'll snare your heart, and then give you lots of wedgies and leave you for a drunken rich buzzard.

Is not that I don't like Tahl.

I just LOATH HER ENTIRELY.

*giggles*

Well, as long as there's no romance, I'll be okay.

*checks pulse*

I think.

16. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    It's been awhile since I've read this, but I'm glad I picked it up again. And the plot gets thicker. Who is the mysterious man who was going to be Obi's new master, though I have my suspicions? ;) And who is the small hooded figure near Tahl? It's good to see her, I've always liked Tahl even if I didn't like the romance. Looking forward to your next part. :)

17. Lady_Panaka

Lady_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Finally delurking her. Neato-fineato so far. Keep up the wood gork. :)

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    <Looks at Seeker2> It's ok, Seeker2. <holds hands in front to look non-threating> Nothing is going to happen between them. They are just good friends. <slowly edges toward the door> But just in case you go postal... Sith! It's locked!

For everyone else, thanks. :D Glad you enjoy it.

?And who is young man?? She said with a smile. She bowed. ?I?m Jedi Knight Tahl.?

Obi-Wan was about to bow in return but froze when she introduced himself. He looked back up at her with wide eyes. A Jedi? Here? And Qui-Gon knew her?

A low chuckle broke him from his thoughts. He glanced up at the large man behind him.

?This young one, is Obi-Wan Kenobi. He was on the slave ship that tried to board my own. I do believe he has never met a Jedi Knight before.?

Obi-Wan managed to shake his head slowly. A Jedi Knight. Maybe he could ask her if he could become a Jedi too.

?You and your ?pathetic creatures?, Qui-Gon. Mace still can?t believe you tried to help that Beolia Tiger. You could have gotten killed and served for dinner for her whole litter.?

Qui-Gon folded his arms. ?I knew perfectly well what I was doing. I couldn?t just leave her there. The poachers would have skinned her. And it?s not like you and Mace weren?t there. I was perfectly safe.?

The Jedi snorted.

?And Obi-Wan here isn?t ?pathetic? as you so elegantly put it. He?s actually a very brave young man.?

?Well, yes, of course he would have to be brave to go with you.? She winked at Obi-Wan and he bit back his giggle. He liked the Jedi.

?I don?t need your comments, Tahl. Was there a reason you decided to visit? Or did you just get tired of listening to Mace making plans to get on the Jedi Council and thought you?d have more fun tormenting me.?

?Tsk, tsk. You?re so touchy, my dear Qui-Gon.? The Knight slid her arm under Qui-Gon?s and proceeded to lead him back to the house. Obi-Wan held back another giggle and followed. He glanced at the still hooded figure walking next to him.

?Hello.? He said softly, trying to see under the dark hood. ?What?s your name? Are you a Jedi too??

The hood nodded.

Obi-Wan frowned. ?Can?t you talk? Or aren?t you supposed to.? He thought of the times he had told to keep quiet and what had happened when he hadn?t. He shuddered some and wrapped his arms around him.

?Are you alright?? A soft voice asked.

Obi-Wan turned to the hidden face. ?Yeah, I was just? thinking about something.? He grinned suddenly, pushing the memories away. ?So you can talk.?

The hood ducked. ?Yes.?

?What?s your name?? He asked again. ?And why don?t you take your hood off? Do all Jedi have to wear them? What?s it like? Being a Jedi I mean. Do you live in the? the Temple? That?s what?s its called, right? Do you save a lot of people and planets and stuff??

The voice laughed again. ?You sure ask a lot of questions.?

Obi-Wan blushed and wondered if he had crossed some kind of line.

?My name?s Bant.? A pair of three-fingered, salmon colored hands pulled down the hood.

Two bulging eyes were set on the side of the girl?s head. Her skin was same as her hands, salmon and looked waterproof. She had a gaping mouth that at the moment was opened wide.

The younger Jedi was a Mon Calamarian. Obi-Wan had only seen one once and that one soon died. He hadn?t been able to coop with the duel suns of Tatooine. But this Mon Calamarian looked young and healthy. Obi-Wan caught himself staring and quickly glanced away.

The girl giggled. ?It?s alright. I?m kind of used to it. Most of my people stay on our home planet. It?s one of the only places that?s wet enough.?

Obi-Wan just nodded. He wasn?t sure where her planet was and didn?t know what it was like. All he knew was Tatooine, a desert, and Qui-Gon?s home, a temperate world.

?Bant.? The two children looked up at the two adults. Bant stepped closer.

?Yes, Master?? Obi-Wan started at the use of that word. It didn?t sound like he usually heard it, full of hate, hopeless and

19. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    And thickening nicely too. ;) Am I right in thinking this has something to do with Obi? Maybe our mysterious man really really wants his cargo?

20. Jedi_Jewl

Jedi_Jewl Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2001
    :0 Okay, I'm freaked! Cool job, though. I love creepy stories! Keep it up!

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Cool post Swede!!! :D Indeed the plot does thicken more... :eek: Can't wait for more! :D

22. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Great post! I'm so glad we got a new one. I really like this AU and it looks like things are going to start to get really dangerous. :)

23. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    And the plot thickens. :) Great post.

24. Lady_Panaka

Lady_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    And the plot thickins....and comes to a roiling boil.

Keep up the Wood Gork!!!

LP

25. Jedi_Jewl

Jedi_Jewl Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2001
    Ooooh! Interesting. More please!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.