main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bonds of the Released, BIG JA AU, 2/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Swede?

Edit: Oh, darn. I'm really sorry about taking the 100th post, if you wanted it. I didn't realise. [face_blush]

2. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    It's coming, it's coming.

Don't worry about the 100th post. I don't really care about that. I'm just happy to see that there are that many people reading this. :D

And the post is coming. I'm still working on it.

3. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    And it's Sat once again. Just to remind everyone, this is posted weekly. I have way too much to do to post on this and Eyes.

Enjoy.
    Obi-Wan followed Qui-Gon and the Jedi Tahl into the study. Shmi had her hand on his shoulder as she followed behind him. Once again Obi-Wan found himself in the large, shelved lined room he had discovered Qui-Gon in earlier. He ran his eyes over all the datacards and even some old, bound books that filled the walls.

Obi-Wan knew how to read a little. He had watched others closely and in the last year, Shmi had taught him a little in secret. He could write his name and a couple other words. He wondered if it would be ok with Qui-Gon if he could borrow one sometime.

Obi-Wan and Shmi stayed by the door as Qui-Gon leaned against a chair and Jedi Tahl stood between them.

?So what is this all about, Tahl?? Qui-Gon asked. He cast a glance at Obi-Wan and Shmi.

?Give me a moment.? She said.

The Jedi faced Obi-Wan but closed her eyes. Obi-Wan looked at her, confused and glanced up at Shmi. The women just shrugged. Obi-Wan turned back and looked at Qui-Gon. He didn?t know what she was doing either.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Obi-Wan felt something brush against his mind. He didn?t know what it was and lurched back in surprise and fear. At the same time he pushed back at it, hoping to make it stop. Tahl suddenly jerked.

?Whoa.?

?Tahl? Are you alright?? Qui-Gon asked, moving to stand next to her.

?Yeah,? She said, her eyes never leaving Obi-Wan?s. ?Just wasn?t prepared for that.?

?What did you do??

The Knight finally looked at Qui-Gon. She smiled.

?I was testing a theory. I sensed it almost as soon as I saw him.?

?Saw who? Obi-Wan??

?Mm hmm. The same with Shmi, though not quite as strong.?

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow at the Jedi then looked at the two by the door.

?You mean??

?Yep.?

?Both of them??

?Mm hmm. You sure can pick them, Qui-Gon.?

Shmi sighed behind Obi-Wan. ?My I ask what you are talking about??

?Forgive me, Shmi.? Tahl said. ?What I?m talking about is the strong Force signatures I?m sensing from you both.?

?Meaning??

?Meaning both you and Obi-Wan can use the Force.?

Obi-Wan was confused. ?The Force??

Tahl explained. ?The Force is what give a Jedi their power. It is created by all life and binds and holds the universe together. But only a few are born with the ability. It seems both you and Shmi has it.?

Obi-Wan looked between the two adults, letting the new information process in his brain.

?Does that mean I? I could be a Jedi?? He asked hopefully.

Qui-Gon and Tahl exchanged looks. Tahl gave a minute shake of her head and Qui-Gon closed his eyes in understanding. Then the large businessman moved to knell in front of Obi-Wan.

?Obi-Wan,? The man said softly. From his position and tone, the boy knew something was wrong. ?It is a hard and difficult role to be a Jedi and they train all their lives. In fact they start when they are very young. That?s why Jedi search for newborns and young child to accept to the Temple. They wish to start training early so there is not as many? complications.?

Obi-Wan?s blue/green eyes stayed focused on Qui-Gon?s dark blue ones.

?So you mean I can?t be a Jedi because I?m too old??

Qui-Gon nodded slowly. ?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan. I truly am.?

Obi-Wan but his lip and shook his head. ?It?s ok. It?s not your fault. It?s no big deal.? He continued to gaze at the large man hoping he wouldn?t make any more of it. Obi-Wan should have known better then to think he could be a Jedi. Who was he to think he could be something that great?

Qui-Gon squeezed his shoulder and gave him a soft smile. He then stood, and hand still on his shoulder, faced Tahl.

?I don?t suppose there is something you can do.? He asked the Knight.

Tahl shook her head. ?Sorry, Qui-Gon. He?s too old.? She looked at Obi-Wan. ?Just how old are you anyway?? She asked the boy.

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?I don?t know. Shmi says I?m probably 11 or 12.?

?Yes,

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    [face_laugh]

'little troll' - some things never change. :D

= Clare =

5. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Poor Obi, he must be so disappointed to learn he can't become a Jedi. But he has such potential! He *must* be trained! Come on, Tahl! Go talk to the troll and make him see that!

6. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Some of the Jedi rules regarding age just plain suck. Poor Obi. That was probably a slap in the face.

7. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Awwww....poor, sweet Obi...

8. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awww! Poor Obi! I hope somehow he can still become a Jedi!

More soon please! :)

KG :cool:

9. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    So, Obi can't be a jedi...ok....
    I am happy as long as he is going to stay with Qui-Gon. :)
    More soon!!! Please!!!

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    A post!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Awwwww, poor Obi. So glad he has qui to comfort him. I can't wait til Yoda gets to meet him.

Great post. Until next week then :)

11. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Horray now I've got 2 stories to read!!!

More sugar Horray!!!!!!!!!:)

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Oh Swede,you have hooked me on another one of your stories.I try not to read so many ff.because I am suppose to be doing work on my home computer,but alas,I am here reading another excellent story by Swede.If my work doesn't get completed I will just blame you{innocent smile]Keep writing,I'll keep reading.PEACE Ewen

13. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    TSJ
    SO how often does this story get updated????
    :)

14. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    m....mu....must haave postie...soon

*suffering sugar/postie withdral*

*lol* ;)

15. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Sorry, Silver. Not until Sat.

16. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    :eek: Saturday :eek:

*finds some choclate and eats it *
    *chants*
    I can wait
    I can wait
    I can wait
    I can wait
    *eats more choclate*

well at least theres eyes can deive for my daily sugar!

17. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    2 MORE DAYS
    I can make
    i can make it

*heheheh*

Ok so do you just post on this story ever Saturday???

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    I post on Sat because it's just easier that way. It takes me about a week to come up with the next post. Eyes is easier because it's such small posts.

19. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    TSJ OH okie

Oh well I CAN wait till Saturday cuz I have my daily sugar from the eyes story!!! :)

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey Swede, just foudn this story and this is great!

Can't wait 4 the new post!!
    -S-WK

21. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Doubble sugar tomarrow!
    Joy joy joy I can't wait!

So do you have any other storys planed after this one and eyes end???? ?[face_plain] :D

22. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    It wasn?t until the next day that Tahl had time to work with Obi-Wan and Shmi. She had hoped to as least show them how to meditate in the evening after dinner, but a knock on the door interrupted her while she was instructing Bant, stopped any attempts at that.

?Come in.? Tahl said even thought she already knew who was on the other side. She didn?t know what Qui-Gon wanted but she was always willing to listen to her friend.

?Why don?t you go out in the gardens, Padawan.? The Knight told the girl as the door opened and the broad shouldered businessman entered silently. ?You?ll have a better connection with the Living Force.?

?Yes, Master.? Bant said bowing. ?When I?m done, can I find Obi-Wan??

Tahl smiled as she nodded, warmed by the girls own happiness. She had just chosen Bant as her Padawan, but already she had spent more time on a transport then at the Temple and Tahl knew the girl missed her friends.

?Just don?t wonder off the property or stay out too late.?

?Yes, Master.?

?I believe Obi-Wan is outside.? Qui-Gon remarked quietly from where he stood.

?Thank you, Mr. Jinn.? Bant said as she hurried out of the room.

Tahl laughed lightly as she crossed the room. ?Young ones, they are always in a hurry to get done and then they wonder why it?s over so soon.? Tahl settled in one of the large stuffed chair provided in the room. A large stone fireplace stood in the middle of the opposite wall while an another matching chair and couch made a semi-circle around it. A large, thick rug covered the wood floor which Tahl couldn?t wait to take her boots off and walk around barefoot on.

It was a rare pleasure for Jedi to be given such comfort. Not that they required that, but Tahl enjoyed it when she could.

?I could get used to living like this.?

Qui-Gon smiled as he took his own seat across from her.

?I?m rather fond of it myself. You know you and Mace are welcome here anytime.?

?Why do you think I showed up?? Tahl said with a grin. She studied him. Long hair pulled back with a black clip, bearded chin and crocked nose and warm, kind blue eyes that could express love or be as cold as Hoth. At the moment they were clouded with worried and confusion.

?What?s wrong, Qui-Gon??

The man looked at her as if he didn?t know what she was talking about.

?Don?t act like that with me, Qui.?

The man sighed, resting his head on his hand and stared off into space. Tahl waited him out knowing he would tell her in time. Finally he breathed in deeply and sat up from his chair.

?It involves Obi-Wan but I?m not sure how.?

?What do mean??

Qui-Gon stood and walked over to the fireplace. ?I?m not sure.? He rubbed his forehead. ?I?ve kept my shields up as I usually do but it seems it doesn?t help any.?

?Well it would help if I knew what you?re talking about.? Tahl said from her chair.

?This afternoon, when Obi-Wan was upset, I felt it.?

?I felt it too, Qui. They were pretty strong emotions.?

?No, not like that. It was different. I know what it feels like when someone has that strong of emotions. I can shield against that. I couldn?t with Obi-Wan.?

?Well, Obi-Wan is strong in the Force. Maybe he was projecting.? Tahl mused. But that didn?t feel right. Tahl had felt the boy?s emotions too but they didn?t seem as strong as Qui-Gon is saying. His shields might have been not as strong as usually but Qui-Gon would know that wouldn?t he?

?Maybe,? Qui-Gon said. He turned around and leaned against the stone heath. ?Then again, maybe it?s nothing.?

?Do you really believe that??

?No, not really.?

A prompting from the Force finally made Tahl stand and walked over to her friend and stand in front of him.

?Let me try something.?

?You?re going to go in my head, aren?t you.?

Tahl shrugged. ?You have a problem with that??

Qui-Gon eyed her. ?What are you going to do??

?Just look around. I wouldn?t do anything. But I?ll only do it with your permission, Qui.?

?Sorting through someone?s brain is not a usual daily activity.? But the man nodded his consent. T

23. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Yes, the will of the Force.

I have a feeling Qui and Obi are going to need that bond sooner or later.

Ahhhhh! My weekly fix. Til next week :)

24. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Very good very very good TSJ!
    LIKE IT!

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It's Saturday!! And Swede's here with a good post. Thank You!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.