main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Bonjour (and no I'm not French!)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MindoftheSith, Aug 25, 2014.

1. MindoftheSith

MindoftheSith Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2014
    Bonjour.

Just introducing myself here. I'm a Star Wars fan, obviously, and I came to these forums for that reason. I'm also looking for some advice concerning some EU stuff, so I'll be looking to find a place for that.

Just a few quick facts then. My favourite EU piece of media at the moment is Star Wars: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous and that's due to the fact that my favourite character is Count Dooku, and Dark Rendezvous is actually probably more centred on his character than the title would suggest. I also love the Darth Plagueis novel and I've been enjoying Son of Dathomir of late.

My favourite film is probably Episode III, though I'm far less sure on that one.

I live in the grand old country of Scotland (see: not French!) and besides Star Wars I am a massive fan of Doctor Who, and I also love real life history, and hope to study that next year at university.

BultarSwan likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    MindoftheSith: Failte Nua Duine. Northern Irish here. Although, currently residing in the US. Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you stick around. Take some time to check out each section of the boards and find where you want to get involved. Then, get involved, have a brilliant go of it and, should you require any assistance, use this thread as your personal "tech support" area. Just post a question or @.tag a member of the staff. Cheers.

3. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    You seen Deep Breath then?

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
  5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome MindoftheSith! :)

I know some fans from England and Irland, but none from Shottland I think. Pretty cool. It's supposed to be a really nice green country. What do you think?

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. MindoftheSith

Aug 25, 2014

Thanks for the welcome :). I've always wanted to visit America. No money though :p

Yeah, I actually went to the cinema to see it as they played it in some cinemas across the country. I thought it was really good, and Capaldi is great. I hear some people are having difficulty understanding the Scottish accent though haha.

Thanks, I posted a couple of things in the literature section and have been getting some good advice.

Hey. I'm afraid I can't comment on how green Scotland is; I'm in a more urban area, and I've never really seen the countryside much. But the cities are nice too! And I have been to some really nice scenic places; St Andrews is a really nice place with lots of green country and interesting history, and it's a beautiful town too.

Thanks for the welcome :)

7. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I didn't gave any problems understanding him, it's not very thick :p I was gonna see it in the theatre and then I went and broke my hand. Brilliant way to introduce him though, and that last phone call was god-tier.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Nice cities? That's good since tourists need to stay somewhere. ;) maybe one day I'll see them myself. But then again... There are so many places I like to visit, not sure if I can manage all of them. ;)

9. MindoftheSith

Aug 25, 2014

Bad luck on the broken hand :(. It was really good in the cinema, it worked well on the big screen. And yeah the phone call was really good. But Clara just hung up on him without saying goodbye :p.

Edinburgh's really nice. Though my Dad and I nearly got inducted into Scientology there when we went into a building with a sign saying "free personality test" outside...

I'd really like to travel as well. I really want to go to Paris, since I really love France. My favourite historical period is Napoleonic history, so go figure :p

10. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yeah, the hand has been a bit of an inconvenience :p

I didn't even realise she never said goodbye XD. Maybe she didn't need to because the Doctor was right next to her ;)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yeah, personality testing... got it...

Paris? Should be doable! At least, sometime in the future. It's not as far away as New Sealand or so. ;)