Bonjour

Discussion in 'France' started by grievious, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joruscbaoth Jedi Master

star 5
  2. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, Europe needs all of you. :D

I think Europe needs me as well. That is why I am working on becoming a French citizen and American citizen at the same time(Dual citizenship). :)
  3. akhun Jedi Knight

star 6
    No no noooooooooooooooo.... vee don't need American spies ;) :p
  4. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :p Don't worry I won't spy. :D I will try to assimilate to the French culture and keep my American values. A difficult task....yes, however anything is possible with a good effort. :)
  5. joruscbaoth Jedi Master

star 5
    You didn't prefer to assimilate the french values and keep your american culture?
  6. akhun Jedi Knight

star 6
    Or better yet, assimilate both culture and values from France :D
  7. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Yes because really, French culture and American values are mutually exclusive :p
  8. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :p Ok, this is better-- keep my American & French values, American culture & continue to assimilate into the French culture. Voila! :)

.....oh and practice my French a little more so that I can pass the language test at the French Consulate this winter. ;)
  9. akhun Jedi Knight

star 6
    Here is a little test for you ;)

Repeat after me: America = bad, wrong, beerk :p
    France = good, lovely, great :D

If you manage to be convinced of that, then you're fit to become part of our great Nation ;)
  10. Aliabes Jedi Master

star 4
    It's politicaly correct in France to be anti-American, but don't be scared :)

At the moment, French people are quite anti-Bush and tend to enlarge it to anti-American in general, but deep down, we know there's still good in the American people ;)
  11. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's politicaly correct in France to be anti-American
    Well, it is a good thing my husband wasn't or he would of never married me!!!! :D

we know there's still good in the American people Yes, even good American people that like Bush. ;)

Repeat after me: America = bad, wrong, beerk
    France = good, lovely, great
    [face_laugh] France has many lovely things that is why I want dual citizenship....and to make it easier for our future children who will want to spend time in France with their grand-parents. My husband and I would like to live in France in the future as well even if it is for only part of the year. :)
  12. Oryx-I Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Who could truly hate a country that gave us George Lucas and the Star wars saga ? :)
  13. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I would put George Lucas on my top 20 greatest Americans list! :)
  14. akhun Jedi Knight

star 6
    George Lucas and the whole SW stuff are above any concept of nations ;)
  15. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
  16. grievious Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Agree with that, but he's a real exeption.
    Because most Amariacn are... well

uhm...

yeah...

Well, you have 2 types of Amaricans,

1. Verry verry verry ... fat, brute, antisocial.

2. To kind, that it makes you want to puke.

But that's what you always see on television.

Ofcourse there are a lot of "normal" Amaricans, but that's what you never see. It's always like: "I'm so proud of oure nation, oure president and Europe stinks. We are all that the world needs, we vote for a new president, but that same president tries to rule the world!!!! The Netherlands? Isn't that the capital city of Denmark? All Dutchmans are walkin on wooden shoes, In Germany everyone eats sausages. In France everyone is painting in front of the Eifel toure. When I see that I really think: Yeah, were did the name Harlem comes from? Wasn't New York , New Amsterdam before we sold it to the English? Isn't your country build by Eurpean? Who are your grandparrents, who came from Europe, and worked so hard to build the pretty country you live in today?

To GAUVIN:

Bonjour!

I'm interrested in politics yes. I ideed think it's importand that I pay attention to that. Sometimes, political desisions make me feel angry. They all make stupit plans, that cost my parents a lot of money when they have to pay the tax, new railways that we never need.In the time that they start realizing those plans, I'm a grown up, and i don't need anything of what they decided to build years ago. That's why I'd also like to vote. And all those polticians keep saying: Dutch people have enough money to spend, we need this plan. It works out positive for oure economy. Yeah great mister President: YOU have enough money to spend, we do not. You are sitting on your lousy asses, making stupit ideas that in the time they are being realized, we don't need them anyway. Nobody needs a railway. Nobody needs more roads when the citicens aren't asking for it. Do what the people want, not what you want. That's why we are a democracy.

And the part about Astronomy, If there's a God who created us, his purpose was to entertain himself, with watching us suffer, and destroy oure selves. Because we destroy our planet with gasses. We are a virus, an virus that will someday destroy its self. With war, with overpopulating this small planet. And if i insult someone who beleives in God: Is God Almighty? Can he create a stone that is so heavy, that he can not lift it? I do believe in something, but it's not a religion that somebody else on this planet has.

I think you and I have the same ideas about a lot of stuff, (although it isn't really coming out in this above post :p ) I really like to keep in contact with you.
  17. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    At the moment, French people are quite anti-Bush and tend to enlarge it to anti-American in general, but deep down, we know there's still good in the American people
    Hm, I don't know if you were around just before the Iraq war, but many American JCers posting in the Senate were violently anti-Chirac and anti-French (ah, the infamous axis of weasels! ah, the freedom fries! ah, the cheese-eating surrender monkeys!). The excess can be found on both sides of the pond.

And grievious, well - there are 2,563,212 people living in America. I find it very hard to separate them into two broad categories like you do.
  18. akhun Jedi Knight

star 6
    I thought they were 270 Million in the US not just 2.5 Million :p
  19. grievious Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Nwalme-Jade

Hey, i don't try to put them into two groups, but that's just what you always see at the television, to kind Amaricans, or to antisocial, and I'm talking about politics. Ofcourse there are so many people, and I don't think there bad at all. I just try to say that the people who are in poltics, like Bush are like I discribed them in my earlier post. Bush is a coward with a mought full of words, and pants full of ****. Give him a rifle and sent him to Iraque, the first order he will give is to retreat. I would definetly vote Kerry. he's the only one who isn't corrupt and stupit.

Sorry if my post is miss understanding
  20. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Blah Blah.....Bush is the devil and they carry on.......

however as Nwlame put it there are almost 300 Million people in the U.S. which can not be put into "two" categories. For example, I love the USA & France. My husband is from France, moved to the USA and loves both countries
    as well. We both like G. Bush and we both belive in being good, honest and
    in working hard to make our way in this life.
    We want to raise our children with love to show them they can fulfill their dreams.
    We are not extremist from any political side.
    We stand up for what we believe is right
    and we also live our lives to serve the greater good and help our community. :)
    The cherry on top is we both have had the experience in living on both sides of the Atlantic
    ocean to see both points of view!! :)
  21. akhun Jedi Knight

star 6
    No Bush isn't the devil...just his representative ;) :p

I agree that you can't really divide countries in pro- and against- factions. You have a gray area in the middle
    However I fear that the gap will take years to disappear
  22. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Sorry - I copied and pasted the number from the CIA website but something has gone wrong. The correct number is 295,734,134 (it has already changed since yesterday, heh). Siiiiiilly me :p
  23. Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan

star 4
  24. GAUVIN Jedi Youngling

Hi Grievious!
    Sorry if I haven't replied yet, but I don't have time enough for the moment!
    I promise you to go on with this conversation .
  25. Jedi_Allegra Jedi Master

star 5
    Bonjour!

Don't worry, I'm not French and my French is horrible.

Mais J'aime etudier le francais. Je 19 ans. Je m'appelle Claire, ou ma American nom est Elora. Et toi? Je parle francai tout le temps. Meh.

Bienvenue!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.