main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Bonjour!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Nihilon, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    Hello everyone! My name is Aurélie and I am from France! So I am very sorry if my English is not so good. I have seen Star Wars a few months ago with my friends and I really love it! I am reading and learning all the Star Wars history I find and I hope I can finish watching the movies with my friends soon! I have not seen yet The Force Awakens and I am very excited!

I hope to make new friends here who have some interests that are the same as me!

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello and welcome to the boards. :) Which films have you seen so far?

Skiara likes this.
  3. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Hello Lady Belligerent! Thank you for the welcome! I have seen all of the Star Wars movies except for the new one, which is The Force Awakens :) Which movie is your favourite?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    My favorite is ESB, which one is your favorite so far?

5. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Bienvenue!

No worries about your English, there's plenty of members who's mother tongue is another language as well. :)

This message has been provided by Trixter using the Holo-net.

Skiara likes this.
  6. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Bonjour Aurélie!

Hope you enjoy your time around the boards and find some of your fellow Star Wars fans with similar interests! Look forward to seeing you around!

Skiara likes this.
  7. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Lady Belligerent, my favourite is the second one. I think it is called The Attack of the Clones in English? I love very much the love story between Anakin and Padmé. It is very close to Romeo and Juliet!

Thank you to Snokers and Fallen-Hero! I hope to see you around also. I am very interested to hear that there are others who speak English as a second language!

8. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome! I took French for 5 months and absolutely failed.... I still love France though!

Skiara , panta1978 and Darth Nihilon like this.
  9. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, Halle Dray! If you would still like to learn, perhaps I could teach you a little bit? :)

panta1978 and Halle Dray like this.
  10. Jedi Rey X

Jedi Rey X Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2016
    Welcome the place. France you say ... now have you ever been to Europe? [face_laugh] Sorry, just thinking like an American [face_rofl]

Skiara likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  12. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
  13. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I've always wanted to go to England and Greece!

14. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    Hi, bonjour, ciao. Greetings from Italy, we're neighbours! It's great to see that a lot of people from Europe are joining the boards. Welcome to this amazing forum, hope you'll enjoy it!

Just one thing. I suggest you shouldn't explore The Force Awakens subforum before watching the film. Plenty of spoilers there...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Darth Nihilon likes this.
  15. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Halle Dray they are both very beautiful in a good very many different ways! I love both places very much and have made many friends :)

panta1978 Thank you for the warning! I am thinking that maybe I will get to see it in a week with my friends again. I am looking forward to it very much! Did you like this one?

16. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    Did I like The Force Awakens? Of course I did! Not my favourite SW episode, but I enjoyed it. To be honest, many people didn't, and I can see where they come from... I'm not going to explain you why because I don't want to spoil anything. But I hope you'll enjoy it! Once you watch the film let us know what you think about it!

17. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    I will be sure to! I wonder if I will know why people did not like it when I see it. Hmm. I hope that I will like it!

18. Jedi Rey X

May 27, 2016
    Have always thought it is strange that over 60 percent of Americans never in their life been in a foreign country. But, if you are in Europe and you are 21 and over and never been in a foreign country -- people just look at you and think that is strange.

Anyway, enjoy the show @ Darth Nihilon

19. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard! :)

Since you are from France, have you been at their FanForce board already? They are a nice crew and I'm happy that I met them years ago. It's really worth to check it out, because they organize meetings and you can be sure to find some like minded people there. :)

Oh, and yes their are many not English native speaker around - like me for example. :)

Jedi Rey X, somehow it's true, but I also think it's more difficult for a US citizen because of the distances and time zones. It's easier for a European person. But it's worth to learn about different cultures and so on. :)

Enjoy your stay, Darth Nihilon! :)

20. Jedi Rey X

May 27, 2016
    Skiara

Disagree, as Canada for most Americas is less then 1,500 miles away. And that is for the people in Florida. True, what is in Canada is another story.

21. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    But don't forget that not less than 10 countries are less than 750 miles away from my hometown :) Easier for us...

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Jedi Rey X, but in Europe you can reach another country within one hour car drive or even less for some countries (think of the small ones). Of course, there are longer distances, but for example, if you live in the middle of France you just need to make about 250km (+/-) to visit another country. Plus, it might sound more interesting to visit another one, because of the beaches and sun. The USA have various beaches, sunny places and various metropolisis like New York. The USA has everything what Europe needs to cover with various countries. ;)

(Of course, feel free to reply, but I think we should move this topic after your next post to another thread, so we don't hijack this one too much. :) )

panta1978 likes this.
  23. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Oh! Where are you from Skiara? :) I have not been to FanForce! I am sort of trying to build a map in my head of all the different places on this site and have not yet reached the FanForce :)

I can understand easy that not many Americans do not travel to other countries since there are only two other countries on the border of the US. For us in Europe it is very easy! It is common for people to take a couple of weeks on a trip to the next country over or to have family in a nearby country. I imagine it is very much like going to a different state in the US, except with the border control :p

panta1978 likes this.
  24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Germany. Not so far. ;)

FanForce is at the bottom of the list of boards. It's in the category of Europe. Do you need the link to your FanForce?

25. Darth Nihilon

Jun 5, 2016
    Oh! That is very cool!

Yes please, if it is not too much trouble :)