main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[BONUS THREAD!!] - Characters We Never See in the Same Place...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    While this is this year's key piece of post-curry postmodernism from me, this thread is a sort of random little followup...

Have you ever noticed that we never see...

Kyle "named after a commando unit" Katarn and Corran Horn
    Mirax Terrik and Jan "named after my parents' terrorist organization" Ors
    Tycho Celchu and Luke "Wedge's blond, blue-eyed best friend and wingman in the non-regulation black clothes whose family were killed on the day the Death Star struck Alderaan" Skywalker
    Winter Antilles and Syal "Wynssa" Antilles
    Obi-Wan Kenobi and Tahiri's fuzzy-blue-Jedi grandfather's Force-ghost

... in the same place?

Well, okay, we do see Fuzzy-Blue Kenobi and Tahiri's grandfather in the same place, but that only really serves to confirm the idea... :p

Some further interesting thoughts.

A kyle is Gaelic for a long, thin, narrow (one might say phallic) inlet of the sea on the coast; a corran is Gaelic for a long, thin, narrow (one might say phallic) peninsula of the land on the coast...

All non-classified records of Tycho's (supposed) existance died with Alderaan.

And Arvel Crynyd, whose wingman Tycho supposedly was at Endor, was in charge of Green Wing, not of Green Squadron in Red Wing, the unit to which Tycho supposedly belonged.

Hobbie Klivian and Wes Janson died in the Battle of Hoth.

Wedge Antilles (Winter's brother) was a childhood friend of Luke's.

Trust that everything you know is a lie.

- The Imperial Ewok

2. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    Are you the sock of Agatha Christie???

3. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    We do see Tycho and Luke together in Allston's Enemy Lines Dudology
    Also, its Winter Celchu (or rather, Winter Skywalker if the above crack-induced idea turns out true afterall)

Interesting, but I'm not impressed before you can link the Waru and the Whills (if there is even more than one of them) into the same entity

4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Does anyone remember my old thread that detailed the uncanny parallels between Kyle and Corran?

Old-school WEG fan in the house. Justice Action Network lives!

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I believe Luke mentions Corran when talking to Kyle in JA. I suppose he was just keeping up the illusion...

6. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Tycho Celchu and Luke "Wedge's blond, blue-eyed best friend and wingman in the non-regulation black clothes whose family were killed on the day the Death Star struck Alderaan" Skywalker

Rebel Dream, briefing room. Krytos Trap, party at the end (the one where everyone quits). Tycho talking with Corran when Luke is knocked out and comatose in I, Jedi.

I believe Luke mentions Corran when talking to Kyle in JA. I suppose he was just keeping up the illusion...

I believe the VIPs confirmed that it was a different Corran whose name was mentioned.

7. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    I believe the VIPs confirmed that it was a different Corran whose name was mentioned.

It was Horn that was mentioned, not Corran. It's in the beginning of the game when the padawans get assigned to their masters.

8. maralover

maralover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    this thread could only be a mcewok creation......

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Hobbie and Phanan. Both are morose pilots with varying degrees of artificial limbs (based of different sources) and a connection to Bacta. both are part of a comedy pair (Wes and Face respectively). Both get shot down or hit rather frequently, and both serve in one of Wedge's squadrons

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Horn and Solo were joked never seen in the same room; Solo Command.

11. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Another interesting theory, McEwok, but it was always my contention that Corran Horn was synonymous with Mike Stackpole's ego. ;)

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    It was Horn that was mentioned, not Corran. It's in the beginning of the game when the padawans get assigned to their masters.

I was sure there was a mention of the word 'Corran', along with Tionne, in a dialogue that was not at the beginning of the game.

Maybe I'll just have to play the game again.

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I believe it was Corron.

14. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    P-F: as to I, Jedi, what we actually have there is Corran saying he talked with Tycho in that timeframe... the other times, if Luke and Tycho actually talk, I guess Luke could be projecting through the Force... :p

And Face/Hobbie - no, "Face Loran" is a fictional character... the real Wraith Leader is the former child actor who plays Fel in the Wraith holonovels...

Also, do I remember something from Wraith Squadron that Gammoreans can't handle combat gs? Because if so, that's Piggy and Face in that Y-wing on Dubrillion in Dark Tide... :p

- The Imperial Ewok

15. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    also corran, Han and Wedge having a pretty long conversation in wedges office in the begining of I, jedi.

16. Kebis

Kebis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Also, in the Game Cube game Rebel Strike, isn't Luke the one who picks up Tycho when he defects, and they ride off on speeder bikes?

17. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Kyle and Corran are together in the scene where Luke regroups with them on Zonama Sekot after the battle is over.

More McEwok crazy theories [face_mischief]

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I, Jedi was 1st person so it doesn't count.

Basically, here's how it works. Corran Horn has low self esteem so he created a persona called "Kyle Katarn" and it started small really. Kyle Katarn hosted boxing matches and forced Corran to move out of his apartment (bombing it for the insurance money) into a delapidated house that he ran. The whole mercenary work thing was part of the larger scheme of Operation: Mayhem. Kyle actually sees other girls too who don't understand how Corran's personality can change so rapidly.

19. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    We never see the Charon, Gree or Yuzzies in the same place.

Or to steal Genghis's thunder, that General Skarr and Thrawn.

20. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Basically, here's how it works. Corran Horn has low self esteem so he created a persona called "Kyle Katarn" and it started small really. Kyle Katarn hosted boxing matches and forced Corran to move out of his apartment (bombing it for the insurance money) into a delapidated house that he ran. The whole mercenary work thing was part of the larger scheme of Operation: Mayhem. Kyle actually sees other girls too who don't understand how Corran's personality can change so rapidly.

:p I like that one.

21. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Yes. Luke is the one who resuces him from the Imperial transport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.