Boo-At-The-Zoo

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by Sith_Steve, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who is Interested in going to boo at the zoo again?
  2. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    When is it? And dont just say October.
  3. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oct. 25th 10:00 till 5:00
  4. QCJediLance Jedi Master

star 1
    I'll be there. Are we going to have a table there this year like last year.
  5. PirateJedi Jedi Knight

i will be there but i will have to work so i will have to leave early like last year.
  6. qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there, last year was awesome!
  7. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am not going to ask for a table this year. Steven and I have somthing in the morning so we will be late as it is. I was wanting to go in with the radio station like last year. I will have to ask TeeCee. Plus Steven and I aren't even do Star Wars constumes this year.
  8. DoctorD52 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think I am on vacation then so I should maybe?
  9. qcjediGame Jedi Padawan

i should be able to go for a little while, but i'll have to leave early cause i'm going to my sister's birthday party thing.
  10. QCJediTim Jedi Knight

star 1
    I talked to TC today for some reason he can not Log in to the posting board howevcer, he did tell me that the radio station will not be doing anything directly for the event this year but tht the Zoo has asked for the Jedi Order to be there and TC said that Chris and Steve should contact the Zoo for further info.
  11. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hi guys--
    The difficulty with logging in reportedly is from within our link at our website--I used this login name/password, and then created another(you may see me as TeeCeeQC soon) but neither login pairs worked at the QCJO link. I had success with this one by going to fanforce.net.

Anyway--I am glad of the interest in the Boo at The Zoo event--However, I nor KALA-FM are doing anything official this year to promote or cover the event.

We have a prior commitment with Terror in the Woods, an event at a family-owned farm NW of De Witt, IA, which turns their wooded acrage into "Haunted-House-meets-Blair-Witch"--if you wish to attend or help with our coverage, contact David Baker at 563-333-6219. Terror in the Woods has their own monsters, btw, so no Ghouls need apply;)...

The Boo At the Zoo event is covered by NewsChannel 8, and also through the Niabi Zoological Park Office. You can contact either of them through their numbers in the Business White Pages.

I am moving (yet again!) this time to E. Moline, near the Downs...For Chris or Steve, I would only be about 10 minutes away if you wanted to get together...and Lastly, sorry for not returning any possible calls--my cell has been down for two weeks for balance issues. It will be up and running after the first, and I can be reached at my other number--Chris and Steve, if you don't have it, I will give it to you offline. Thanks Dudes for the message for me, and best of luck in your new store venture--good for you!--Till later MTFBWY--TeeCee.
  12. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    According to David Baker of KALA, the station will indeed be at Boo-at-the-Zoo; however due to restrictions of the zoo officials, only station staff can be admitted under KALA's name, and those must be on a list.

Anyone who wants to go participate in Boo-at-the-Zoo must check in and register with the zoo office, which number can be found under Niabi Zoological Society in the business white pages. There are certain required's in becomeing a participating group, but details can be found with them...Let me know what you find out--if the event is on the 10-25 weekend, I am to be in Chicago. But if the event is not, I would be happy to join the Jedi in the event--and don't forget about the Terror in the Woods event in DeWitt. That event may be on Halloween itself. Check ya later--TeeCee.
  13. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    I need two people that will be at Naboo- At- The - Zoo this year to wear a Biker Scout, and Boba Fett. Let me know if would like to wear one.
  14. QCJediLance Jedi Master

star 1
    I would love to wear either costume but as you know I'm way to big for either of them hope someone will step up and put them on for the kids.
  15. QCJediLance Jedi Master

star 1
    Is anyone going to the Boo at the zoo dressed up in costume from the group.
  16. PirateJedi Jedi Knight

I will be dressed up but i am just wondering when and where we are meeting at the zoo.
  17. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is the situation. Steven, Jimmy and I will not be there til the afternoon. We do not have a table and we are not handing out candy. The three of us are going in as vlounteers for the zoo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.