main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boo! Scaaaary, Spooooky Mod Squad Update for the week ending Nov. 3!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by AdamBertocci, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Important late-breaking news: For Detailed Discussion and Analysis of the Revenge of the Sith Teaser Trailer is prohibited in all forums save 3SA and 3NS. General comments or thoughts partaining to the trailer may be posted outside of the Episode III forums starting on Monday (board time).
    -Raven

We've had some really scary Halloween stuff going on. Yep, we sure did.

Joshua Griffin officially made the step down to VIP. If his departure isn't scary, nothing is. (Note that he will still be a co-owner of TFN, just no longer an active content editor.)

FamousAmos got bitten by a vampire or something, and became, like, a vampire, I guess. No, a mod. A JCC mod. Yeah.

Darth-Stryphe is back from his business trip. I mean, from Transylvania. Yeah, that's scary, right? Also, Dashy McUnderscore is back from, er, also Transylvania.

Discussed the practice of editing a thread title to completely change the thread's topic after posting. It's like grave robbery, maybe.

Raven brought up some ideas for icons and such for the next holidays. To link things back to the theme, Halloween is, in fact, a holiday of some sort.

We're having a vote of new Games mods. They will rule, um, a pumpkin patch or something.

zerosleep said we're getting new database servers in our trick-or-treat bag. They'll improve performance, and the taste of candy.

Discussed problem users, such as Dracula.

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Since when is Dracula a problem? :p

New Games mods, you say .... interesting ...

3. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    nice update.

4. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

thank ye, thank ye!

5. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Nicely humorous and simple update. Thanks, Adam.

And I enjoyed my first Halloween at the JC, so if we get Holiday icons/themes, I'd be fine with it.

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Nice Adam. Update fit the season and I like. After what we've had the past few weeks from ModSquad, you did a bangup job. Glad everything is working out.

Thanks for Halloween. Thought it was strange at first, but enjoyed it at the tail end of things. Good job AB and the rest of the MS.

7. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Return of the Sith? Is that a movie? What the hell are you talking about?

I know there's a movie called Return of the Jedi, and even a newer one called Revenge of the Sith.....

8. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Return of the Sith?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I guess that means we can post spoilers about Revenge of the Sith. :D

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    No clue what you're talking about, no clue at all... [face_blush]

10. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Return of the Sith was the original title of Episode III. Then George Lucas decided that "returning" was not a concept that was appropriate for the Sith and so he changed the title to Revenge of the Sith.

Wait....

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    New Games mods, you say .... interesting ...

:p

> Joshua Griffin officially made the step down to VIP.

And like that thefarce.net erases itself from existence.

12. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Well, let me say Adam, you truely did scare the hell out of me in this update.

13. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    haha! boo! haha!

14. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Return of the Sith?

haha i make that verbal mistake all the time. it's so annoying.

I just wanted to let you all know (since i doubt many of you read the icon thread ;) ) that next week we'll(raven+me) be uploading a bunch of new ROTS icons... yay!

15. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Also! The reasoning behind the Monday time:

"The trailer is released online for Hyperspace members tomorrow at 1:00 EST. It will also appear on the television show, Access Hollywood, tomorrow.

On Friday, the trailer will make its theatrical debut with the Pixar film The Incredibles, and will be released online for all to see on the 8th of November. "
    (stolen from windy ;) )

by monday EVERYONE should have seen it.

And I think we should point out that the rules goes for images, as well, although I think that should be relatively obvious.

16. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Argh, I can't believe I missed the Return of the Sith bit. :p

I'm guessing it was a typo? ;)

Nice update, in keeping with the spookiness of this week. :D

17. amhlair

amhlair Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2000
    I just wanted to let you all know (since i doubt many of you read the icon thread ) that next week we'll(raven+me) be uploading a bunch of new ROTS icons... yay!

I know they are just pictures, but aren't pictures considered a spoiler in a way? If someone selects one for an icon and posts in JCC is that a potential problem?

18. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    It depends what the source of the pictures are and when they were released.

19. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    We will be getting the icons checked to ensure the images are only from official sources.

You know, if you have firefox, you can block the entire group of ROTS icons, just like you blokced the ads, making anything that starts with that category blocked.

20. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I have the entire Episode 3 icon folder blocked, thanks to Firefox with the AdBlock extention.

Just add a new filter, blocking "http://www1.theforce.net/jc/icons/episode3/*" (without the quotes).

That way, if someone uses a ROTS icon, it simply looks like they don't have an icon selected. I have no idea what any of the ROTS icons look like, thanks to Firefox and the AdBlock extention.

21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Really extensive on this, aren't you? However I think it's pretty redundant how people feel that authorized non-Hyperspace pics are spoiler material.

22. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Some people just want to not know/see/hear a thing.

More power to them. :)

~ James

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Actually, I'm not avoiding anything released through official channels. I've watched the trailer (multiple times), and have looked at most of the pics. I just don't need the Ep 3 icons showing up all the time.

24. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    This site has very clear spoiler policies. Officially released images are not spoilers. Jeff and i were just trying to help sensitive people find an alternative, to make their time at the JC better.

I myself am spoiler free. I don't want to see anything unofficial.

It's one thing to watch the trailer and it's another to stare at an ep iii characters face all the time for 6 months. This solution makes everyone happy, if they can stand firefox.

25. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    <---- got scared! :D

I'm *trying* to stay spoiler free... but when you get people talking very loudly about stuff while standing only 10 feet away, it's kinda hard to ignore them.

Also, it's going to be really hard to resist now that my upgrade just went thru and I now have Hyperspace access! Huzzah!

ps: Yes I DID watch the trailer... come on! How could I Not?! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.