main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Book by book #1 Legacy of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Ok I've been given permission by Raven to begin the book by book discussion thread. It is esentially the same as Chapter by Chapter in the CT, AOTC and TPM forums. New threads will be posted every two days and we will discuss the books in chronilogical order. This includes ebooks but not short stories. The first is Legacy of the Jedi.

Summary:
    ?Lorian Nod is a promising Jedi apprentice. A Padawan named Dooku is his best friend. Under the watchful eye of Yoda, they are preparing to become Jedi Knights. Dooku knows their fate is intertwined?yet he is not prepared for a turn of events that reveals the Dark Side to him for the first time.

Years later, Dooku is a Jedi Master and Lorian Nod is a pirating outcast. With an unforeseen desire for revenge, Dooku works to thwart his former friend ? even if it means crossing his own apprentice, Qui-Gon Jinn?

When Qui-Gon himself becomes a Jedi Master, the specter of Lorian Nod still looms. As Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Kenobi struggle to find their place as Master and Padawan, they must work together to prevent an interplanetary threat ? and to outwit a very familiar enemy?

During the Clone Wars, Lorian Nod wants to play a pivotal role as the Republic battles to keep hold of a strategic planet. On one side, Obi-Wan and his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, must decide whether they can trust such an infamous figure. On the other side, the now compromised Count Dooku has a score to settle against his old nemesis??

My Opinion: I believe this was one of Jude Watson's best young reader books. I liked seeing Dooku as a padawan and seeing his relaionship with Qui-Gon. Seeing Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon was cool after JA ended. I liked Lorian Nod. Overall a good book.

2. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    I was dissapointed that Dooku wasn't really Yoda's padawan. I thought it was way to short. And the Clone Wars section didn't really have the Clone Wars feel to it, nor any feel that was different from the other eras.

It had good insight into the characters, though. And it was a fun read.

You can find my whole review at:
    http://www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu/features/reviews/lotj1_paul.htm

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Book by book? Rogue Wookie did this half a year ago, didn't he?

4. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yes he did but the only real difference is it won't be one thread, it'll be constantly updated in new threads.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This book reminded me how awesome Qui-Gon was (looking forward to eventually reading JA for more on him).

The Dooku/Yoda padawan thing didn't bother me, because we've already experienced something similar in the films in the way that we expected Yoda to be training Obi-wan but got Qui-Gon instead, which, IMO, was far more outrageous than the Dooku thing, especially after AOTC established Yoda as more of a youngling instructor during the era..

6. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Too bad George had to kill him off in the first one. QGJ remains my favorite human Jedi.It would so rock to have some comics about Knight Dooku:)

7. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I thought this book was pretty good. Unfortunately, a lot of people may miss out on it since it is a "young reader" book. I definately enjoyed the setup, following the characters through the four different periods.

8. Sand_Hill

Sand_Hill Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Although I liked all the sections, I think I liked the Dooku/Qui-Gon part the most. I often wondered about Dooku as a jedi. seeing him as a proper jedi, who is aloof and very proud, seemed right to me. It was a good characterization.

9. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    A fun read. I liked the final showdown between Nod and Dooku.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.