main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Book Club - Conquest

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Jul 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    We haven't done a book club meeting in quite some time. I, and other MN Force people have been busy with CONvergence planning.

We are now on Conquest. I would very much like to meet before July 31 if at all possilbe. Why? Last meeting, Conquest was out and a couple of people had already read it. There were too many spoilers announced (or half-assed whispered) and too much of the "just wait til you read Conquest" for my tastes. I'd like to actually focus on the book we are reading and not go into how fabulous Rebirth is.

I am only available after 5:30 on weekends and after 6 during the week. When would be a good time for people to meet? I'll figure out venue once I have an idea as to how many people are going to show up.

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    So someone did mention that the butler did it in Conquest, huh?

Er.......oops. [face_mischief]

3. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I would prefer a day close to the very end of the month since I have yet to even start Conquest. [face_blush] I will try my best though to get it read by the end of the month though. :D

4. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    This looks interesting.
    How do you join?

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    You join by showing up! That easy no money down, no interest charged, ever.

We meet either at my place or at Dunn Bros. Coffee on University Ave near the U of MN. If there are new people, we meet in a public place. If you are intersted in joining us, post days/times that are good for you. Or, if you flexible, when the bad times are.

I have an extra copy of Conquest (I foolishly lost then bought then found) if anyone needs it.

6. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Proves the maxim - the key to finding something you lost is to buy a replacement. :)

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Where can I buy sanity?

Meanwhile, I will finish The Essential Chronology tonight. I will FINALLY start reading The New Jedi Order this week. I'm hoping to be caught up in time for the next book on July 31. Or to be as far as Balance Point before Gen Con.

Phil

8. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    As an FYI - I'm all caught up. The only things I heven't really read were the Young Jedi & Jedi Apprentice books. And just for fun, how about a few spoilers:

2 week old milk
    green furry bread
    pudding with the San Andres fault running though it
    brown banananananananananananas
    stinky lunchmeat

[face_laugh]

(I keep this up, I'm gonna get kicked outta this place.)

9. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    How is July 29 (Sun) at 6:30 pm
    or July 30 (Mon) around the same time? Any suggestions?

10. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Either of those times work for me, although I would prefer the Sunday night one.

11. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I'm out of town those days, but I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway. :( Maybe next time. :)

12. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm out of town the 26th thru the 30th...

:(

Master Eki

13. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I'm not sure on this one. I will have to check tomorrow at work. ;)

~*~Bria

14. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Book club is looking iffy for me. I have yet to read one page of Conquest (I haven't done much reading lately). I'll try to get it done by the weekend, but I can't promise anything.

15. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Let's put it off til August.

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    August looks better to me as well. :)

I might even be able to bring a friend from Winnipeg, depending on when we hold it. ;)

~*~Bria

17. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I am 3/4 of the way through Conquest and LOVING it! And this is with it having very little of Luke and Mara!

18. Bria

May 15, 1999
    No, they aren't in it much, but there isn't a single shred of Han and Leia. :_|

I did like Conquest though, even if the Han and Leia's no show angered me to no end. Bad, bad, bad Del Rey! :mad:

~*~Bria

19. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Well it did have alot of Han and Leia's off-sping. That can count..can't it? :confused: kinda a two for one deal.
    sorry just tring to help ya.
    [face_plain]

20. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yes, it's Anakin's book. ;) Jaina and Jacen were in it a bit too, at the beginning. :)

I really did like it too, I just wish we'd seen Han and Leia in it. :(

~*~Bria

21. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Not to hurry you along, or anything, but REBIRTH COMES OUT NEXT WEEK! Wah hoo!!

22. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    If anyone posts anything about the ending of either or anything remotely spoilerish in this thread there will be big trouble.

If you wish to discuss either book in more detail, please start a new thread with "spoilers" in the title.

Thank you.
    :)

23. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I heard they all die in the end. Oh, is that a spoiler?

24. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    hmmm.. if it's true, you are in trouble. I mean no ice cream for a year sort of trouble.

25. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, at least Mav didn't say how Corran went mental and was the one that did all the killing.

Oops.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.