main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Book Club Meeting: Borders Books on 11/30/06

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mike-El, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Book Club Meeting: Borders Books on 11/30/06

Since no one has mentioned it we will be meeting at Borders for our book club meeting for November.

Hopefully we can select a book to read for December.

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Tomorrow night!! I'll be there. 6:30, right? I would encourage as many people to show up as possible. It's been a long time since a lot of us have geeked out together. I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion about the club, too.

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I'm stuck here for this month, but will be back for the December meeting. I'll burn some CDs of some "goodies."

Mike, its an expanded collection of some stuff you saw at the meeting a while back. :cool:

4. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    *crawls out of his hole*

*blinks*

AUUGH!! The light! It burns!!!

Seriously though, thanks for posting about this Mike! I apologize for the drought in club meetings, I had/have some personal issues to deal with. They're not completely resolved, but I'm doing better.

I'll be at the meeting tomorrow. I have some ideas to bring up for the upcoming year and I'll hopefully have a tentative reading list for next year.

P.S. Anyone who has a Nintendo DS/DS Lite should be playing Elite Beat Agents. It's extremely quirky, but fun and addictive as all get out!

Thanks again for being patient with me, and I'll see whoever is there tomorrow!

5. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    As usual, I work on Thursday evenings, so I won't be able to make it (wish I could, though!). If you guys have any good discussions/ideas about reversing our recent stagnation, do post them. A complete run-down of the meeting would be nice as well.

Enjoy the geek out.

6. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I will not be able to make it this month, but December I should be there.

7. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I'll be there in spirit. Have some chocolate for me.

8. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    Last time on Book Club!:

Myself, Scott, Stacky, Mike and JMH (Ulkesh) were in attendance. We discussed the future of the BC and I apolozgized again for letting it stagnate and reaffirmed my commitment to get it going again. I decided to appoint JMH to be my assitant. His primary duties will be to help me with release dates and to make sure I post about the Club :)

I also released a (very) tentative reading list for 2007. This will change as we find out exact release dates, if titles get pushed back, etc. Anyways, here's the list!

January
    Outbound Flight - Timothy Zahn

February
    LotF IV: Exile - Aaron Allston

March
    No releases

April
    No releases

May
    The Prequel Trilogy - Terry Brooks, R.A. Salvatore, and Matthew Stover

June
    Darth Bane: Path of Destruction - Drew Karypyshyn

July
    Republic Commando 3 - Karen Traviss

August
    No releases

September
    LotF VI: Inferno - Troy Denning

October
    No releases

November
    LotF VII: Untitled - Aaron Allston

December
    No releases

In case you're wondering about gaps (like in the LotF) series, these are all paperback releases. I've also decided that if there are no relases in a particular month, we are just going to have a general sci-fi geek out meeting.

Until next time, MTFBWY! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.