main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Book Club (rule #1, you will not talk about book club)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Hello, all. Sorry I've taken so long to get this going, you know how life can be sometimes.

The book club will be starting in September. It will be held on the LAST TUESDAY of every month. The first meeting will be Tuesday, September 24th at Barnes and Noble at 6:30 p.m. It should last around an hour.

The first book we will be reading, drum roll please............Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn. I figure, hey, why not start where it all began.

If you have any questions or wish to help in any way, please email me at preach@evansville.net . Note that this is a different email address than the offical roles has listed, I believe.

Anyway, I hope to see you all there.

2. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Yeah!! Except I don't read the books...
    I did read the Zahn series a long time ago.

Anyone who cannot make the weekend meetings can stop by the book club and we will fill you in. A great social time for all, not to mention great books.

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, good. :D Book club!

Can't wait!

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I thought rule #1 was you will not talk about Figure Club(a great fanfilm by the way).

Very cool, we have a book club! As TC517 said it will be a great time for all, and a good time for those who can't make regular meetings to catch up on club happenings.

For me personally, the question is this:
    Will I join the dark side, er I mean expanded side and start reading them? :)

5. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the first meeting.... I'm in the process of purchasing new living quarters, but hope to be there for the next meeting. Heir to the Empire is one of the best and I've started reading it again just to refreash myself.

Have a great meeting and be sure to post notes.

Hasta.

6. TC517

May 14, 2001
    We are good to go.
    I talked with Tom at B&N today, and he will order the books, and put us in the next newsletter.
    If you need a copy of any of our selected novels, please stop in at Barnes & Noble. They have a small section near the cafe that holds all of thier book club features for that month.

We will be meeting at 6:30 PM in "Shakespear's Corner." For those of us who aren't up with B&N lingo, thats upstairs in the "plays" section. Just look for the sign with our name on it.

7. MarasBlondeSide

MarasBlondeSide Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2002
    Hey, thanks for starting that up! I was almost getting worried! I will definitely be there. Thanks again.

8. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Please ignore my message previously. You would think that if I was checking the Book Club, I would practice better reading skills. For some reason I read Sept. but thought Aug., and hence couldn't attend.... Well anyway, looks like a great job getting this organized and I look forward to the meeting.

I know the rule is not to talk about Figures, but what about the EU figures (and miniatures), as they apply to Heir to the Empire???

Hasta

9. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I was just talking about the SW fan film Figure Club that Preachrman, Darth_TKD & I saw at C2. It was a spoof (as you might imagine) on Fight Club & SW figure collectors who get too serious. I don't see a problem talking about figures at the book club meeting, as long as we keep it secondary. Plus we can talk about them over in the Collector's Cantina, too.

10. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I don't see a problem with talking about things not relating to the books. We can try to stay on topic as long as possible and after that, talk about everything else. Other book groups I've noticed often don't stay on topic for more than a half hour.

11. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Just wanted to remind everyone that Book Club is next Tuesday, Barnes and Noble, at 6:30. We are reading Heir to the Empire this month, so if you haven't read it yet, GET STARTED! See you all there.

Adam

12. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Thank you for all of those who came to the first book club last night. For you bums that didn't, you missed a great time. :) There was some deep philosophical discussion and arguement about "Heir to the Empire", Timothy Zahn, and the EU in general.

We will be having the next session on the last Tuesday of October. The next book on the hit list is Timothy Zahn's "Dark Force Rising". Read the book, read the comic adaption, listen to the audio book, or read a synopsis off the internet, I don't care what. (I told them last night, I draw the line at reading it to you.) Just come out and have a great time.

<Hey Cole, is this good enough?> :)

13. TC517

May 14, 2001
    You did great Adam.

A big thanks to Barnes & Noble for hosting the meeting. Hope to see everyone at the next one!

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Don't forget, someone wrote us a splurge in the Courier and Press that day, and because of it, we got one new person!

:D

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    This will move our total post count from 666 to 667.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.