main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [Book Club] Sat., Mar. 17th@11am - Darth Bane by Drew Karpyshyn and Lunch at Ri~Ra following meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Book: Darth Bane by Drew Karpyshyn

Meeting Date and Time: March 17th [face_good_luck] @ 11:00am

Meeting Place: Beatties Ford Library

As we have discussed in the Book Club planning thread the period before the book club meets is a "no spoiler" rule meaning if you post spoilers they must be Highlight-To-Read. Example: This is highlight to read. After the meeting spoilers can be posted without the markup codes.

We will probably meet for an hour to an hour and half.

Everyone is welcome but please post that you will be attending so that we know how many seats to set up.

Questions? Ask. If it is a more general book club question, please ask it in the Book Club planning thread

After the meeting we will be making our way downtown to have lunch at Ri~Ra in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. [face_good_luck] After that we go over to the 3rd Street St. Patrick Day activities! [face_good_luck]

Previous Book Club threads:

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader by James Lucerno
    Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover
    Labyrinth of Evil discussion

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I posted in the General Book Club thread something I mentioned Saturday at the meeting. TK-2970 and I use the Science Fiction Book Club to purchase many of our books. The link is in there if anyone is interested. [face_peace]

Also, I'll be calling Ri~Ra to see about getting reservations for lunch. [face_good_luck]

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Ri~Ra isn't going to be taking reservations for St. Patty's Day. :(

But hopefully we won't have to wait long for a table.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :_| :(

Well folks. I'm a mom first and my youngling is sick so I'm going to hand over today's meeting to TK-2970.

I'm really sad because not only was I looking forward to discussing this book I was really looking forward to Ri~Ra. :(

Everyone else enjoy! [face_good_luck] Happy St. Patrick's Day [face_good_luck]

5. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hey, we had a good time at the meeting. Too bad Jada was not there, we would have had a better time. Anyway, we had a good discussion about the book and we even got a new member to join us, Dan. It was great to have you come out and we hope you will become a regular. Darth_Julio was MIA, hopefully everything is ok and we will see him next month. Here is a pic from the meeting...

Clicky...

6. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Ok, we were talking about this at Saturday's book club meeting and it looks like it might actually be true. It looks like the Darth Bane sequel will be coming out in December. Check out the info here...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Darth_Bane_Sequel_Update_107008.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.