main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Book Club Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthZannah, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    Jammies, could you take the reigns on our book club for Octobers meeting? I will be back by Decembers meeting... I'm sure of it. Till then guys, MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. Zannah

2. __KypDurron

__KypDurron Jedi Master star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Avesome advice Jammies. Im gonna use that as my itenerary from now on, lol. Thanks for breaking it down for me. I have read 6 books into the NJO series so I definitly know what you are talking about as to why I should read the Chewbacca comic. Im waiting on Dark Empire to arrive via USPS and my new journey will begin.

Zannah and Appo - I hope everything turns out alright with everything and I will be praying for you all. Until we meet again, May the Force be with you.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Zannah and Appo (check PM)

Heads Up Crew,

Class in in session!

Proff. Jammies will start class prompty at 7:00 this Monday. The Sylibus is posted on this thread; books 1,2, and 3 of the "Thrawn Trilogy." Participation is expected by all students. Please bring course text, blue books, and a number two pencil.

That is all,

Dr. Jammies, Phd.
    LGA-U Department Head: EU Studies

4. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    Oh no not school, I thought I was done with that. Can I stay in bed mommy I'm too sick.

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    How cool would it be if my school would let me teach a class on the EU?

Man, I would love to write that sylibus.

(fan fic gives you extra credit)

Jammies

6. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    At the college I attended, as well as a few others I've heard about, they have a one-month term during January where you take one class from a wide variety of options that have little or nothing to do with your actual major. I ended up doing mostly scientific things anyway, but there were choices like (seriously) learning how to work on cars. Those were nearly impossible to get into of course.

Anyway, if they have anything like that at (edit) maybe you could pull it off. And heck, almost all schools have regular-semester classes on the history of rock and roll. I don't see how Star Wars history is any less legit.

Edit: what am I saying anyway? SadMax teaches something SW-based at Bellarmine. I don't know the exact title or basis but still.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Most schools do that, and if I get overly energetic I might do it. I do not think we get any extra pay.

Jammies

However, the FREE class will start Monday at 7:00.
    :)

8. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I will be at class...though I am behind in the assigned reading.

See you Monday!

9. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I read the Cliff Notes (I mean comics) so I'm hoping for a passing grade at least. See you Monday!

10. Farad

Farad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    I am halfway through the second book and hope to be finished with this good series by Monday night.

11. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    More than likely I will probably be running a little late. It is just not the will of the Force for me to get out of work at a decent time:_|. I apologize in advance for my tardiness.

12. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I have never actually gone to a book club meeting before in a book store, and I have a really stupid question. Here it goes:

Do we need to do anything special to let the bookstore know we are bringing our own books in?

13. Farad

May 31, 2009

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yes, never had a problem. Plus they have those security tags in books now that have to be de-magnetized (or whatever) at the checkouts anyway. If you're still worried just bring them in a backback or such.

15. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Thanks Farad and jedimika!:)

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'll bring my Noghri bodyguards just in case.

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Just a note:

Class will still be in session, even if the professor is stuck on the bridge.

See you soon!

18. __KypDurron

__KypDurron Jedi Master star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    ugh, sorry I missed the meeting guys. To be honest I totally forgot about it. I hope everything went well.

19. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    It went well indeed. Had a good time and I am already looking forward to the next meeting!

20. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Who all were there? Did they have our table ready? And Appo and I will be there next month.
    I'm going out tomorrow and purchase Death Troopers. This should be an interesting read.

We have to get our lives and routines back in line.... the sooner, the better. For those of you who don't know what happened, PM me and I'll explain. Its not appropriate within the forum to be sure.

Anyway, we are missing you all, we just wouldn't be ourselves right now. Keep those faces smiling, I can see you in my minds eye, and it gives me comfort. Truly. We'll see you all in person before long.... [face_batting]

And... to the professor, [:D] Thank You!

21. Farad

May 31, 2009
    It was me, Cungr, Jedimika, Jammies, 11-11 and Bulbous Freak. It all went well. The "official meeting" lasted until 8 or so and then me, Bulbous, 11-11 and Jammies ended up talking outside until almost 10. PS. Who is the author of Deathtroopers? I know I could look it up but I'm here anyway.

22. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Is it Joe Shreiber? I'm not sure if that is the right author, or if I spelled his name right.
    [face_thinking]

23. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Hi there Jammies my loyal apprentice, we must do another poll for our read in December. I know we're just starting on Death Troopers, but Barnes and Noble need to know a couple of months in advance so they can publish our news in their fliers. [face_batting]

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Actually our December book (the book we will be discussing) should be Deathtroopers. B&N had it as our October book. Yes, we're picking it up and reading it in October but it will be our "talk about" book for December. We should probably decide what our February and April books will be though.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    On it.

Jammies

(jeez, I take a few days away from the boards and I get homework? :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.