main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Book Club Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthZannah, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    OH! I just remebered my one main point from the book club. We were talking about how Zahn planted seeds for other books in this trilogy-- things you would not have picked up on at first, but only after going back to these books after reading his others.

Well, I was going to mention the Bothan's really really really wanting to blow up Mt. Tantiss. Later, we find out why.

That's all. I just forgot to mention the Bothans.

(EDIT: Woo-Hoo! I got the 100th post!)

2. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    I was confused at first about what B&N wanted. I see how they work now... they want to know what we're discussing at our meetings, not what our new reads will be. Got it. lol! O.K. gang, we're now "reading" Death Troopers, which will be the topic of discussion at our next book club meet up in December, which is what B&N is needing in so far as info for the flier.

Soooo, what we need to decide is what we will be reading December threw February. Whew! Coming outta the gate with such long legs is a bit of a stretch for me. LOL!!! They get all tangled up sometimes. :oops:

The 100th post? Congrats on that Jammies! Your my special apprentice! [face_batting]

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks Zannah!

Polls are now up for the next TWO book club selections-- we are planning way in advance. So, vote now.

Jammies

4. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008

OFFICIAL BOOK CLUB MEET UP DATES AND INFORMATION UPDATE:

ALL MEETINGS BEGIN AT: 7:00pm.

We meet in the Cafe at the Hurstbourne Lane Barnes and Noble. Book Store located in the Plainview Plaza. Our tables will always be reserved. If you need to know exactly where they are located, please give them a call. Phone Number is: 502-426-0255. ;)
    Contact Persons for our Book Club are: Dawn (Don't know her last name) or Sherry Jones

FOR "09"

**FRIDAY AUGUST 6th: Read for this period is: "The Thrawn Trilogy". To be discussed at our October 5th meeting. (Appo and I absolutely loved this trilogy!)

MONDAY OCTOBER 5th: Read for this period is: "DEATH TROOPERS". Ooooh..shudders and shivers!
    To be discussed at our December meeting. (I was "very" iffy about this book choice, but after reading half of it, I'm VERY GLAD we went with this one. What a surprise, and in every way!) Especially a "certain" surprise popup. Don't worry, no spoilers from my corner. [face_dancing] As Jammies says,"STAR WARS RAWKS"!

FRIDAY DECEMBER 4th: Read for this period is: "Outbound Flight". To be discussed at our February meeting.

For "2010"

MONDAY FEBRUARY 1st: Read for this period is: "Crosscurrent". To be discussed at our April meeting.

FRIDAY APRIL 1st: April Fools! Just kidding! Its actually on APRIL 2nd!

MONDAY JUNE 7th:

FRIDAY AUGUST 6th:

That takes us threw our first year. Wow, it'll happen fast! [face_batting]

5. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    I just finished with "Death Troopers" last night, and all I can say is "Good Job Joe"! Who'd of thunk it? Zombies and Star Wars. Yea, Good Job! He pulled it off in spades. I'm no even a Zombie fan. However, I "am" a Star Wars fan, and well..... alrighty then! [face_batting]

6. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I was hoping something might change but it looks like I'm still working second shift this Friday so I won't be able to make book club. Too bad as I was really looking forward to discussing "Deathtroopers".

7. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    That's O.K. Mika, we'll update you. We'll miss ya tho. ;) By the way, I like the Holiday banner they have up for us on this page. Is that Vader from the back in the Santa Hat? Cute!! Vader sitting on the beach in the dead of winter, holidaying it in the Bahamas or somewhere? I hope his suite is sand proof. LOL! [face_batting]

8. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Hi all you Star Wars fans! Book Club meet up tonight at 7:00! Can't wait to see your alls smiling faces. :* I spoke with Jammies last night, and he'll be there! Yay! Bring your books with you, and I've got a sneaky feeling that despite our best efforts, the up coming Con will become a topic of discussion. Tee-Hee! Oh darn the luck! =D= Oh! And there is a Ryans at Bardstown Rd. and Hurstbourn Lane. It sits in the same shopping center that the BIG LOTS sits in. Appo, I, and Chris will be there having dinner around 6:00, if anyone would like to join us, your more than welcome. Otherwise, see you all tonight at 7:00. [face_batting]

9. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Wow, really wish I could see you all tonight so I could chat about CV with you. Maybe I'll see some of you tomorrow night.

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Be there or be square.

I may run late (as allways) but I do plan on taking attendence, and giving quizes. Bring your bluebooks and your number two hydro-spanners.

Jammies

11. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    The meeting was great tonight! Most everyone was there, and the conversation was as sprite and energetic as always. I believe the general consensus was that "Death Troopers", is a pretty good read. Especially as the author went out on such a stretch to make an actual horror novel. We agreed that it could have been done a little bit better, but all and all, a good and entertaining story line. [face_dancing] Mika we missed you man, but I'm hoping we'll see you tomorrow night. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.