main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Book Club

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by FaceLoran, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi and I are really interested in starting a TFF book club, and I wanted to see how much other interest there is. Depending on the number of people interested, we'd volunteer to host the meetings at our place, and my thought would be for a weekday evening, like a Thursday. We'd also like to do regular meetings, maybe once a month or so. We'd be starting with the older SW novels, although exactly which one would be up to the members involved. Anyway, if you'd be seriously interested and able to do something like this, please post in this thread.

P.S. If we do host any the Book Club meetings at members' homes, any of the underage members who want to participate would need to definitely drag along the parents/guardian-type people, of course. ;)

2. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    So is the first rule about Book Club is that you don't talk about Book Club.. oh that was something else.. count me in, though I have to warn you, Thursday nights are pretty important around my place, ie survivor, er..

3. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Thats right Roger, 1st rule of Book club.......is you do not talk about book club. The 2nd rule of book club.........you do not talk about book club. The 3rd rule is, if this is your 1st night at Book club......you have to read. ;)

Any questions?

4. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Count me in!

No, really, count me in!

C'mon guys, I'm serious! I want in on this.

Just let me know what book we will be covering at the first meeting so I can "brush up" on my reading. :)

5. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I would like to join too, but Tuesdays & Thursdays are usually days I work. Maybe a weekend thing would be good.

6. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Could the General be making a come back?????

7. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    How're Friday nights for everyone? We would probably do 1 night a month.

8. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I definatly want in on this, I'll just have to figure out how to work it around my school outside reading books. But this sounds really cool, good job Billy and Kenzi!

9. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Count me in. I love to read the SW books.

10. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I am definately interested.

I have read all the books that I can get my hands on. I do alot of reading at work! :)

11. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday won't work for me, either. I have school those nights. Friday night would probably work though, as long as it doesn't go too late.

12. Vader4eVer77

Vader4eVer77 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    i would love to do this...sounds like fun. I dont know about thursdays though. neways

13. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    Just let me know when and where. I'm available most nights.

14. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Well I think we can all say Mon-Thurs are bad times, so that leaves Fri, Sat, Sun. I would like to vote for Fridays myself. Maybe like the 2nd Friday of every month. Why don't we add this to the agenda for the meeting next Saturday and discuss it there?

Jake let me know what you think and I will express you opinion at the meeting.

15. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Oh I'm in! Mon-Thurs. are bad for me (thanks to school). But I could do one Friday a month w/o any problem. Good call Billy and Kenzi!

Ice Queen

Kenzi-Cool icon. It is sooooooooooo you!! Those darn bad boys! :D

EDIT Well Kenzi, looking at your signature, you must be the envy of lots of folks on the Tori Amos Fan Thread. Did you faint when you found out she was coming here? :)

16. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Ok, so right now we have:
    Billy
    Kenzi
    Roger
    Jake
    Luke
    Shelbi
    Amanda
    Heath
    Tabatha &
    Lisa.

Wow. 10 ppl. Excellent. That's actually a better response than I was expecting. :D Anyone else interested?

17. RogerRoger517

Jan 1, 2002
    If you guys are really serious of hosting the Book Club I suggest that when we plan a meeting that each of us bring some snacks/drinks.

18. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    What's the first book and who brings what? I think this will be fun.

Oh, I guess I'd better ask where also? :p

19. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Lisa, I about did flips! She hasn't been here since October of 98.

Roger, I like the idea of bringing deciding to bring snackies and drinks.

So lets open up the floor to what we want to start to read.

20. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    All for the snacks! I can make tabbouleh (not the Americanized crap either! I have a real Lebanese recp. that is out of this world), pot stickers, queso or any number of soups and salads. Oh yah, there is always chips and dip. :)

Ice Queen

21. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    mmmm...tabbouleh. Lisa,I haven't had that in ages!

hey Lisa, I didn't know you were a Tori fan? Thats awesome!

22. RogerRoger517

Jan 1, 2002
    Humm, picking a book....

If we want to start with the first book in time line, excluding SOTME(its been 20 yrs since I read that one) we would start with Shadows of the Empire.

or

If we wanted to start in order of release we could start with Heir to the Empire. I would be happy with either.

On snack items, I can bring plates, napkins,cups and Ice.

23. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Well, with either Shadows or Heir, Kenzi would be happy. She loves those aliens with weird skin colors. ;)

24. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    I say that we start at the begining of a time line. I perfer that to the release dates.

Ice Queen

25. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I would prefer to read the books in chronological order. I've read Shadows and the first NJO book, but I've been wanting to read all of the EU books. I would also be happy to bring snacks and stuff. My parents already said I could join, just tell me when, where, and what book so, if I need to, I can go purchase it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.