main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Book Club

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by FaceLoran, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Quoting myself from 2/26:

Since that's just over 2 weeks away, we won't make it necessary to read the book before then. If you can, great, but it's won't be required.

Lisa, you can still come to the meeting. I planned on not everyone being able to finish, or even find a copy of, the book in time for this meeting, but I want to get together to get things started, as kind of a planning session. If we discuss the book at all, we can keep it limited to general terms that don't give anything away. OK?

2. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Cool. Here is another question: If there is somebody out there who has a copy of the book and has already read it, can I barrow their copy? :D Please?

Ice Queen

3. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Kenzi should finish it by Friday, so you can borrow our copy then, if you want, Lisa.

4. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Thank you!

5. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I'd like to get a head count of who's going to be coming to the meeting, so if you could post in this thread if you're going to be able to come, that'd be great! If you've already posted, just verify that your plans haven't changed, please.

Just a reminder, the time for the meeting is 7:30pm. If you get to our apartment too early, no one will be there. :)

6. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    My mom and I will definately be there. We are bringing home-made rice crispy treats. See ya there!

7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Oh yeah, I think we're bringing Tabatha with us, but I will ask her today at school to make sure.

8. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    I will be there. I will bring some cheese dip and chips.

9. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I will be there.

10. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I will be there at 7:30 right? I will bring plates, cups, utensils, ice.

11. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    7:30 thats right Roger!

See ya there!

12. Jacen_Solo81

May 18, 2002
    A big thanks to Billy & Kenzi for having the book club at their apt. It was a blast. Playing w/action figures, talking Star Wars, and eating rice crispy treats & nachos how can you go wrong with that. It was an intimate setting that aloud us to get to know each other better. I feel sorry for those that missed out, but maybe we will be able to catch you next time at Shelbie's house next month.

13. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    I agree. Thank you so much for having us over. I enjoyed getting to know everybody.

14. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Yes, the next meeting will be at my house. PM me for directions. I think Billy said that it will be the third friday in April, correct me if it's wrong. Hope everyone can come.

15. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Yeah, the next meeting will be in April, and we'll plan for the 3rd Friday this time, April 18th, unless it conflicts with the still-unscheduled Lego Build Night. We'll discuss Shadows of the Empire more as well as the next book we'll read.

Actually, I have a question about that. Although last night we mentioned reading The Truce at Bakura next, disregarding the film novelizations, short story collections, and trade paperback comics, the actual next novel in the timeline is the first book of the Bounty Hunter Wars which takes place during ROTJ. Did we want to read that trilogy before Truce at Bakura, since it does happen before?

16. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    I agree. If we are going to go by the timeline then the first book of The Bounty Hunter Wars ought to be next.

17. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    It doesn't make any difference to me, I'll end up reading all the books, w/ or w/out the book club. I also like the prequil books. All I need to know is a ballpark number on how many people will be commin to my house so I can prepare.

18. Keem

Keem Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    I'm pretty sure I'll be there. But I'll need directions of course.

19. Jacen_Solo81

May 18, 2002
    Yeah that's okay with me. I haven't read them yet.

20. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Okay, so after finishing Shadows of the Empire, we'll read The Mandalorian Armor by K.W. Jeter, the first book of the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy.

21. Jacen_Solo81

May 18, 2002
    So are we doing both books for April or will the bounty hunter book be for the May meeting?

22. Vader4eVer77

Vader4eVer77 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    Hey everybody!!! Whats new? I went to Chicago over Spring Break. I am so tired!! Well i just wanted to say Thank you all so much for making me feel so welcome!! Also thank you for putting up with me when it was late!! Special thanks to Luke...for joking around with me and making me feel like a big part of the group. That goes for all of you who were there too!! anyways...

23. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    WB, Tabatha! Hope you had a good time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.