main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Book: Darth Bane - Path of Destruction

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by JediSearch, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    Darth Bane - Path of Destruction

Has anyone else read this yet? I just finished it last night. It was pretty awesome. There were a lot of references to KOTOR material.

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I read it and absolutley loved it! I haven't played any of the video games, so I didn't get those references. I also knew nothing about the Sith, but thanks to Drew, I now do. I loved the way that he wrote it, explained things, used different words to describe events. The only thing I didn't like was that he said bacta was dark green...and its not. Over on the Lit boards they are complaining about the Vaapad reference for lightsaber style, but I can overlook that because I'm pretty sure he said it was like Vaapad. All in all though, one of my favorite SW books.

3. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    Cool! I'm glad you like it too. I caught the Vaapad reference too, I wasn't sure how to take that, so I just moved on. I'm a big fan of the KOTOR games, so I really enjoyed the fact that the book referred to events that happened in the KOTOR story.

4. Sinnion

Sinnion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    I wasn't much for the EU but this was my first EU book!! Finished about two weeks ago. I could not put this down and finished it in a little under a week. Fascinated by this book, I searched everywhere for an EU book just as awesome, to find out it was the only one in it's time frame and of it's kind! I loved reading the origin of the Order Vader later becomes a member of!

5. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I really need to pick this one up.

I heard an interview with the author, I think on SWAN (not sure) and he sounded cool, and of course everyone loves Sith stuff.

6. StarStateSounds

StarStateSounds Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    It was a great read. I almost finished it while waiting in line for the PS3 launch. It was great to have some literature on the old ways. It gave a lot of insight on the ways of the dark side, and by the end you know he's evil, but you're rooting for him anyway. Nice way to corrupt good jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.