main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, I finished Dark Rendevouz. It was really good. There's a few flashbacks to when Dooku was a youngling in the Temple and his experiences with Yoda. We also get inside Dooku's head a little bit, making him a tiny bit more sympathetic. But he's still a villian at heart who won't hesitate to make his opponent choose bewteen defeating him or saving someone else. Love that.
    We also get to see Asajj in action a bit. I always hear her voice (from the toon) when I read her. Good stuff and she's as wicked as ever.
    I took an almost immediate liking to the new heroes we meet. Overall, I'd say 7/10.
    I get home, and what's in my mail? Labyrinth of Evil!
    Woo! Only 4 chapters in, but really digging it so far. The dialog between Obi & Ani has been spot on.

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Dex, I think by you just mentioning Asajj, Gary will be going to B&N to pick it up. ;)

I finally finished that Mary Higgins & Carol Higgins Clark book, The Christmas Thief. It was SOOOOO cheesy, and I told my mom that I didn't like it (once I gave it back to her) and she agreed with me. Right now, I'm reading all of my backorders of the magazines I subscribe to. I haven't picked one up since the Election, because I have a Rolling Stone with John Kerry on the cover. So, I think I'm going to read all of those, and then move onto a book my friend lent me, Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts. It's the first in another trilogy by her, and I heard it's excellent. I picked up The Devil Wears Prada the other night as well.

I'm about 85% on reading the Star Wars books.

3. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    I am planning on reading L of E as soon as I finish what I am on now. I'll probably get it the day of the meeting since I'll be at the right place.

4. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Finsihed L of E last night. Oh. My.

Wow, I think this is the best EU novel I have ever read. Of course it could be the fact that it leads right up to the opening of Ep3 ;)
    I wish this had been made into a movie!!
    You know it's good when you not only hear the actor's voices as your reading but the music too!
    I cannot recommend this enough! Sure, you can read it after Ep3 but it won't be as thrilling.

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I hope to be finished with LoE by this weekend.

I have about 70 pages to go.

It is really a great lead in to ROTS.

I will probably read it again before Episode III or get the audio book perhaps.

6. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I can't really get into audio books if they're just someone reading it. I much prefer the old-time radio style audio books with actors, music & sound effects.

7. DropKickAnt

DropKickAnt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    currently reading wolf in shadow by David Gemmel,,, its a book about post armageddon earth and a gunslinger who is one of the last christians on earth and he must defeat the antichrist

8. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Sounds interesting Ant. I am currently finishing Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons. It is a long book about people who are "mind vampires". They use other people's minds. From there its on to Labrynth of Evil so I can get more spoiler background info.

JERRY T

9. DropKickAnt

DropKickAnt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    DJ if you are interested in the whole mind thing i highly highly recommend "how like a god" by Brenda CLough

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I just finished Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson.

HOLY CRAP.

So good, that I had to read another James Patterson book. I'm now reading 3rd Degree. So far, so good.

11. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Holy crap. Another James Patterson book finished and I'm not disappointed at all. I couldn't put this one down at all, it was soooooooo hard for me to close the book when I had to get off the bus.

In case you're wondering, it was 3rd Degree. 4th of July is coming out SOON and I am ordering it from my book club.

I'm having James Patterson withdrawals. I don't have another one to read! On to a Mary Higgins Clark novel!

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Just starting RotS novel. I love the prelude chapter, gives you the view from the average people in the galaxy. We all know Palpy's evil, but the public loves him and thinks the war would be lost without him.
    I don't know why there's all this stuff on the news about people comparing this to Dubbya....

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Dex, be careful. Republicans flow a-plenty in the NJO ;)

I know I voted the right way! ;) VIVA BUSH!

14. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Just making an observation =p
    Besides, good ol' Dub Six has got my back.

15. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    LMAO @ Dex!

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I don't think anyone really caught on, but I did put his name in the photo galleries. It's Onsite Recon Division trooper 66....ORD-66 ;)

17. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    My buddy from work told me that the Ep III book was really good. Now that I've seen the movie first, I think I'll read the book.

18. LadyCorinthos

LadyCorinthos Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/

19. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Cool, that movie looks like it is going to be good, it has a lot of good actors in it.

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I think they picked a pretty good cast. I'm especially happy with Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon.

21. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm a little undecided on Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon. I don't think he carries the sex appeal that some other actors could've that would've been approiate (sp?) for the role.

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Herb, you are sooooooo setting yourself up for a verbal beating by Joe. LMAO.

23. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh I'm well aware of that Marie...it's nothing I'm not used to by now...however, my girlfriend hammered that point into my head pretty well. So if you wanna blame anyone for that previous post...blame my girlfriend. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.