Lit BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    This is the one!! All I have is the Club Jade link.
    [image=http://clubjade.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img261a.jpg]
  2. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Cool! I wonder how much will be new information, and how dark it will be?
  3. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    If it's on par with The Jedi Path this should be great.
  4. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
  5. EECHUUTA Force Ghost

star 4
    This is just pure Awesome =D=
  6. rebel_cheese Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, this made me laugh. Should be a fun read.
  7. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Considering how great the Jedi Path is, it should be very interesting to see how the Sith are presented. Not to mention I'm curious what era or who the author will be, or even better whether you'll have various Sith scribbling on it and insulting their predecessors/earlier failures. Though honestly I hope it won't be as expensive as the Jedi Path was, but if it is... at least the quality will be worth it.
  8. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like 2012 is going to be the year of the Dark Side. Wonder if it's because of the fanatics claiming the Apocalypse (not the book), is coming next year.
  9. Darksama Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    This is definitely on my list of books to get as soon as it comes out.
  10. SithLord_1270 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  11. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Hmm... is this the same as the rumoured DK book people were talking about last week?

If not, then awesome; if so, then hopefully it'll be one of DKs less kiddy-oriented volumes.
  12. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    I don't think this even IS DK, unless Becker & Mayer is an imprint of theirs, which I'm fairly sure isn't the case.

EDIT: Ah, right, "Our adult titles span a wide array of nonfiction topics and are published under our clients' names, including, among others, Chronicle Books, HarperCollins, Random House, and Simon & Schuster," so it depends on who the client is.
  13. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    If I was to guess which Sith would feature, it would be all the movie Sith, probably Ventress as well, and perhaps Starkiller - unfortunately. On top of that I can see Bane being included, and maybe, at an absolute maybe, Revan, as he was about to go mainstream in TCW. :p
  14. EECHUUTA Force Ghost

star 4
    If it is like the Jedi Path, I wonder what little Sith trinkets will be hidden in it's pages? [face_hypnotized]
  15. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    If it's truly like The Jedi Path, then I want to know what sort of sealed coffin it's going to come in.:p
  16. Cronal Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Silly Zor, you know it won't be in a coffin... it will be in a sarcophagus protected by dark side spirits! :p

I suspect this will mostly cover Banite Sith, won't it? Would be nice to hear about the ancient Sith, the cults spawned by them, the Rule of Two, the Lost Tribe and eventually the One Sith as well though I think that might be a bit too much for one book. But anyway, would be interesting to see how different in structure a Sith book might have since the Jedi had all sorts of things like the various different corps and councils. Would the Sith have the complete opposite? Or something similar?
  17. SithLord_1270 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Though it would be too much for one book, I hope it would at least mention the various periods in which the Sith rose & fell. But especially I hope it will cover How Sith philosophy changed from the ancient Sith up until the One Sith. But more on the powers & abilities of the Darkside.
  18. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    While the Mayan calendar doesn't end any more than there are no numbers over 9 (or in the Maya world, 19), the choice of Yavin 4 as a Sith temple is apropos, since the pyramids were used for human sacrifice. Though the Aztecs did it more. A lot more. Also, I have to object to any adventure story that involves a human sacrifice to Quetzalcoatl.
    Gamiel likes this.
  19. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    Dan Wallace confirms his probable involvement:
    http://geekosity.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-schedule-for-san-diego-comic-con.html
  20. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Will there be a broadway show to go along with it?
  21. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Oooh.... this is starting to genuinely sound good.

Dan's not the type to just write a generic summary of the usual suspects, so this might actually offer some real gems. :)
  22. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ben Skywalker and Vestara Khai in Kesh Side Story! Want.
  23. stung4ever Force Ghost

star 2
    That's going to face tough competition, what with Bothans opening the same weekend.
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
  25. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    The Creation of Monsters equals the chapter on Sith procreation then, I hope :p