main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    This is the one!! All I have is the Club Jade link.
    [image=http://clubjade.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img261a.jpg]

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Cool! I wonder how much will be new information, and how dark it will be?

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    If it's on par with The Jedi Path this should be great.

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
  5. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    This is just pure Awesome =D=

6. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Okay, this made me laugh. Should be a fun read.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Considering how great the Jedi Path is, it should be very interesting to see how the Sith are presented. Not to mention I'm curious what era or who the author will be, or even better whether you'll have various Sith scribbling on it and insulting their predecessors/earlier failures. Though honestly I hope it won't be as expensive as the Jedi Path was, but if it is... at least the quality will be worth it.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Looks like 2012 is going to be the year of the Dark Side. Wonder if it's because of the fanatics claiming the Apocalypse (not the book), is coming next year.

9. Darksama

Darksama Jedi Master star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    This is definitely on my list of books to get as soon as it comes out.

10. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    YES! YES! YES! [face_devil]

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm... is this the same as the rumoured DK book people were talking about last week?

If not, then awesome; if so, then hopefully it'll be one of DKs less kiddy-oriented volumes.

12. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I don't think this even IS DK, unless Becker & Mayer is an imprint of theirs, which I'm fairly sure isn't the case.

EDIT: Ah, right, "Our adult titles span a wide array of nonfiction topics and are published under our clients' names, including, among others, Chronicle Books, HarperCollins, Random House, and Simon & Schuster," so it depends on who the client is.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If I was to guess which Sith would feature, it would be all the movie Sith, probably Ventress as well, and perhaps Starkiller - unfortunately. On top of that I can see Bane being included, and maybe, at an absolute maybe, Revan, as he was about to go mainstream in TCW. :p

14. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    If it is like the Jedi Path, I wonder what little Sith trinkets will be hidden in it's pages? [face_hypnotized]

15. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    If it's truly like The Jedi Path, then I want to know what sort of sealed coffin it's going to come in.:p

16. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Silly Zor, you know it won't be in a coffin... it will be in a sarcophagus protected by dark side spirits! :p

I suspect this will mostly cover Banite Sith, won't it? Would be nice to hear about the ancient Sith, the cults spawned by them, the Rule of Two, the Lost Tribe and eventually the One Sith as well though I think that might be a bit too much for one book. But anyway, would be interesting to see how different in structure a Sith book might have since the Jedi had all sorts of things like the various different corps and councils. Would the Sith have the complete opposite? Or something similar?

17. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Though it would be too much for one book, I hope it would at least mention the various periods in which the Sith rose & fell. But especially I hope it will cover How Sith philosophy changed from the ancient Sith up until the One Sith. But more on the powers & abilities of the Darkside.

18. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    While the Mayan calendar doesn't end any more than there are no numbers over 9 (or in the Maya world, 19), the choice of Yavin 4 as a Sith temple is apropos, since the pyramids were used for human sacrifice. Though the Aztecs did it more. A lot more. Also, I have to object to any adventure story that involves a human sacrifice to Quetzalcoatl.

Gamiel likes this.
  19. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Dan Wallace confirms his probable involvement:
    http://geekosity.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-schedule-for-san-diego-comic-con.html

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Will there be a broadway show to go along with it?

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Oooh.... this is starting to genuinely sound good.

Dan's not the type to just write a generic summary of the usual suspects, so this might actually offer some real gems. :)

22. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Ben Skywalker and Vestara Khai in Kesh Side Story! Want.

23. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    That's going to face tough competition, what with Bothans opening the same weekend.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    The Creation of Monsters equals the chapter on Sith procreation then, I hope :p