main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    That's a bummer. I'm sorry that happened, but I'm glad that becker&mayer is acting to be put it right.

Dan

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If I'm looking at the right thing, I think it's actually easier to see in the middle pic, Ally. If you look at the red sticker, there are two black lines along the top of the sticker.

4. Jerec350

Jerec350 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    I guess so but I can assure you it is quite noticeable in person. Time I opened it my 14 year old son (who also wears contacts) immediately pointed at the activation button and said, "Dad, what's up with the paint there?"

If I cannot get an adequate replacement I may have to try and touch up the spots myself. This is such an awesome display piece, I'd like for it to be paint spots free.

5. Jerec350

Jerec350 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    That's correct. Also if you look at the Jedi Journal photos on the main page you'll see theirs has the same defect.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/books/box_bookSith_sticker.jpg]

6. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Okay. I see what the spots you're talking about now. Actually, I saw those lines, but I thought they were intended and not the result of smears or package damage.

7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I've just taken a proper look at mine and can't see anything like that, so it's sounding like it must have been a dodgy batch if the replacements are all having the same fault, as they've all presumably come from the same shipment. Makes me wonder now how many more of that warehouse's stock may have it.

8. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I just got it, but I got an interview in about an hour, so I'll be looking at it later tonight.

9. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Best Luke Skywalker Book of Sith Quote: "The chronology of the Clone Wars is confusing!"

LOL, so true, great one, Dan!

10. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I checked, and I didn't have the smears. I guess it's becaused they used cardboard to pack it. Anyway, is it possible to remove the crystal from the tray. I tried, but I didn't make any headway. Didn't want to risk damaging it or the tray.

11. Jerec350

Jerec350 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Congrats on getting one defect free. I guess it's just the batch that was sent to my area warehouse. The crystal easily pops out. I cant imagine you breaking it. I heard back from Brecker and Mayer this afternoon and they will be getting more in on the 13th so hopefully I'll have a defect free one in a week or so :)

12. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Had to use tweezers to apply leverage in order to pop the crystal out. Now that it's out, I tried putting it back, but it won't latch in like it did before. Guess I'll just leave it in the groove.

13. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I finished reading the book from start to end. My reaction - [face_hypnotized]. My reaction to the new powers that were mentioned, specifically in regards to the Nightsister powers - =P~.

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    =D=

15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    That quote is great :)

I'm thinking of just buying both this and The Jedi Path soon.

16. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Seconded and amen'ed. The end of the series and the untangling of the timeline mess that has resulted cannot come soon enough for my tastes.

On topic, I got these on my Amazon wishlist, I just cannot justify the expense right now. Maybe as college graduation presents.

17. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    When does Luke come into possession of the Book of Sith, timeline wise?

TC

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    He got it from a chamber on Wayland in 24 ABY.

19. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    The same year the Jedi Path came into his hands. I'd say that took place between the YJK and the NJO.

20. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Luke and Mara got it 24ABY but he commented it during the subsequent 2 years I think before giving a copy to the Historic Council of the New Republic. Cause he found it while Leia was Chief of State but also has one comment mention Chief of State Fey'lya! Wedge und Iella also get namechecked by a Luke comment in relation to Intelligence wanting to look at the book.

funny other comment by Luke: He had to talk Jacen out of wanting one of Yavin IV's Sith battlehydra animals as pet

PS: Luke Skywalker comments also that he KNOWS according to reports (Han? maybe) that Quinlan Vos survived the Jedi Purge... maybe he met him some day too? cause Palpatine and others love to gloat about taking Quin down :p

21. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Ugh... I like Quin a lot but how many Jedi, specifically Jedi from the Republic comics, are going to survive the purge? Ir's getting out of hand.

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Quin's card was marked the moment they made a model for him for TCW. :p

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Quin already was marked as "survived" in the end-run of the Republic comic, as well as him faking his death.

The number of Jedi that survived Order 66 has never been large, and many of those end up dead in the "Purge" period immediately following anyways. Those that survived are generally the ones who abandoned being a Jedi or hid somewhere (like Obi-Wan and Yoda).

As Palpatine mentions to Vader, the remaining Jedi are of no consequence to him. He was out to destroy the Jedi Order, which he accomplished.

24. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    It's been a long time since I read the comics so forgive me for asking what do you mean he has been marked as survived? Regardless, it's not that I find it implausible that Quin survives the purge I simply dislike the idea of Jedi surviving, even if Palaptine claims they are of no consequence.

25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Quin survives Order 66 by faking his own death in the final issues of Republic, and essentially retiring from being a Jedi to raise his child.

Palpatine probably thought that Jedi that survived would either quit, or eventually show themselves in order to battle his New Order and end up being killed - such as what happens in the first Purge one-shot. Jedi weren't capable, in his mind, of the type of dissemination or long-range planning that the Sith had done.