main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Another excellent book, although I didn't like it as much as Jedi Path, but that's mainly because of the different subject matter and format (a guidebook passed down from teacher to student compared to this one which was made up of many different in universe works from various authors with only Luke and Sidious having access to the whole thing). Malgus and Plagueis' sections were really interesting, and while expensive, its always cool seeing all the little things included as well as the different page formats. Not to mention the occasional funny moment like when Palpatine was complaining about his Grand Inquisitors making his Empire look bad with the way they kept dying (especially because of relatively "mundane" deaths like a speeder crash or drowning). Haven't kept up with every page, but someone already made a Lord of the Rings joke with the Muur Talisman reference, right? (One Talisman to rule them all and bind them in the darkness... hopefully Syn was killed before she got that far).

Great work, now I just have to worry about not losing any of the nice little trinkets that came with this book. Kind of funny reading this book after reading Darth Plagueis, here Palpatine is in full-on mwa-ha-ha mode the whole time, viewing everyone as a tool (including all of his apprentices), and Luke shaking his head at all the evil.

2. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Indeed. Plus it never made much sense. In the comic the guy is using a lightsaber rather than axe. Furthermore, the text seems to refer to him as a fallen Jedi.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Never know, with Rakatan Forcesabers, it now could be.

But much easier just to say that upon his arrival, Ajunta did what all good Dark Jedi do, and promptly headed for the Valley of Sith Kings, broke into the Tomb of Adas, and emerged wearing Armour of the Sith'ari.:p

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120219042643/starwars/images/f/f6/ExiledDarkJedi-BoS.jpg]

Wow.

The version uploaded to the Wook doesn't have any caption regarding who those are, but I presume, left to right: XoXaan, Syn, Dreypa, and Muur? Or is #3 Pall (doesn't look like the other picture of him from JvS, but then again, the other picture isn't that great).

That is just a fantastically atmospheric, chilling picture. It feels like the momentous, mythical event that it should be: the birth of the Sith.

5. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Pall, not Dreypa, if I recall correctly.

That's the art style of nearly all of the images in the book. [face_mischief]

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah. That one I love unconditionally.

7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm surprised nobody has uploaded the image of Ziost yet.

I assume it's by the same artist. It gives a wonderful shot of all the citadels of Pall and his Shadow Hands (Syn, Muur, etc) in the capital city that's very reminiscent of that sole image we currently have from TOTJ of the citadel on the mountain top. Ah, nostalgia... [face_love]

8. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    According to the caption in the book it is XoXaan, Syn, Pall, and Dreypa. Which is weird because Dreypa looks just like Muur. There is another picture in the book showing Pall and three other Exiles beheading the Sith King Hakagram Graush.

On a different note Syn's section is probably my favorite and I really hope we learn more about the Hundred year Darkness.

9. Basilews

Basilews Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    What's strange is that Pall is doing this with his lightsaber while Syn mentions that he beheaded the King with King's own weapon.

10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow... so it does. I've read that caption a dozen times and I always thought it had said Muur. [face_laugh]

(Just shows how much the image clouded my thoughts, because yeah, it looks like Muur.)

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    EPIC WIN.

No Sith-luv for the man whose only keeping the seat warm.;)

And; if per chance, that he really wasn't....

at least that pic sure is.

12. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I still wish Quin had died in that final issue of Republic :(. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the character, but I thought that last issue of Republic was so incredibly powerful, and such a great send off for a character... but he was okay in the next few panels. Of course, it was already a downer ending, and I'm sure Ostrander wanted to put some hope into it. And I will admit, Vos's last words, the last words of the series, were pretty great. Hopefully we see him, and his son, "resolved" at some point.

13. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    p. 7: Luke says here, "The chronology of the Clone Wars is confusing." Don't I know it, brother!

Lol, not even the scholars of the NJO can figure out the timeline mess of the Clone Wars.:p

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004

16. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

If they keep employing Voren Naal they never will :p

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Maybe this has been covered already, but - can we assume there'll be a barebones version of this later, like with Jedi Path? Not that light-up holocrons aren't totally cool and everything. :p

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Forget a standalone book. They should release a budget holocron so that we can build our own holocron chamber, like Atris in KOTOR2. :p

19. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    That's what I want too, as I am more interested in the book then the holocron and trinkets. :)

20. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Upping this with a note for UK-based fans that Amazon UK now has the standalone HC in stock. Though the entry says publication date is mid-April, I just ordered mine.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I got mine straight off the shelf from Waterstones. Maybe they're having an early sale?

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Could be the Amazon UK publish date is wrong.

24. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Amazon are probably being punished for releasing the holocron version a month early last year. :p

25. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Is this the point where I say that I got mine a month ago? I don't know how, I preordered it in December when it said "May 2013",