main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Probably something ornate with filigree and inlaid with tiny red Sith crystals ;)

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Honestly, I hope this goes back much farther. Some tome on Andeddu's shelf or something. More EUish.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Andeddu: Another failure... I tried this Sithly recipe mentioned in this passage and it didn't grant me eternal life.
    Kaan: No wai!
    Plagueis: Ah yes... I believe I've found the correction.
    Palpatine: Lulz.
    Wyyrlok III: LMAO.

I'm sure the Sith comments will be ever so much more mature than those of the Jedi.

4. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    The kicker should be that Vader actually has no side comments at all. He never read the book.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Plagueis: I didn't find it, but I did find me some sleepy-time tea. *yawn*

Zannah: I found it, but then I jumped into a body with breasts and got kind of distracted. Whoops, I mean, Bane is dead.

Set Harth: I didn't find it, no sir, never found it. That's the ticket! So, no reason to kill little old me. I did find this tree in Guatemala, though...

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Darth Ramage: It's not what you think.

Darth Vectivus: Boo! I'm haunting your ass(teroid). Who you gonna call?

Darth Vader: Meet someone new on match.com, you say? Well maybe you forgot but MY JUNK GOT BURNED THE **** UP!!!

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

Palpatine: Damn, I think I got the bird flu again.

Vergere: I told you not to mess with me *snicker*

Dooku: No idea why but for some reason, my Master was afraid of birds.

Vader: There's a Sith saying... only fried chicken is a good chicken.

Darth Lumiya: Hey, Vergere notes... so she was a Sith after all!

Caedus: Hey stupid, if Palpatine can scribble in the Jedi Path, Jedi Vergere can do the same in the Book of Sith!

Krayt: One Sith to rule them all, one Sith to find them, and in the darkness bind then, muahahahaha.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That's a thought... this should have been called the Dark Side Compendium, with Dan writing under the pseudonym of Palpatine. :p

9. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Interesting new press release. Seems like it's going to be a good 'un. And it's great to see direct confirmation that Talzin is/was aligned with the Sith {at least in some respect}.

10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/2011/bookofsith.jpg]

Love that we're getting another deluxe edition like the Jedi Path. :D

11. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    :eek:

....must somehow get the money to buy this. This is too good to pass up! :D

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Wait, hold the presses. Empire propaganda poster?

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Well, there goes any cool factor the title of this book had.

14. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    I just noticed that the Amazon listing (www.amazon.com/bookofsith) includes more info about the contents than was contained in the press release:

The black-and-red pyramid-shaped Sith case appears innocuous. But with the touch of a button, the door of the case lifts, accompanied by lights and Star Wars sound effects. The secrets within are revealed?the Book of Sith slides into view.

The Sith have existed in the galaxy for centuries, lurking, waiting for their chance to seize control. As various Sith Lords emerged and rose to power, they recorded their thoughts, exploits, and plots for Sith control of the galaxy. When they fell, their knowledge vanished with them forever. Or so it seemed. . . .

Over the years, these writings were passed among numerous Sith and Jedi, who added their comments to the pages. In his quest for domination, Darth Sidious tracked down what remained of five pivotal Sith texts written by his most powerful predecessors. Then, drawing on the knowledge within the compiled pages, he wrote a sixth text?his own manifesto. Together, these documents, along with several collected objects associated with them, shed light on the philosophy, achievements, and failures of the Sith Order.

For years, this collection remained hidden, existing as legend only. But now all who are tempted may unlock the Book of Sith and delve into the dark side. . . .

From the creators of The Jedi Path, in collaboration with Lucasfilm, Book of Sith reveals the mystery and madness of the dark side?while introducing new characters, history, as well as sinister insights into what it means to be a Sith Master.

Recovered dark side texts:
    ? A chronicle by Sorzus Syn of her encounters with Sith Purebloods, explorations in alchemy, and the foundations of the Sith Order.
    ? A war journal kept by Darth Malgus during the Great Galactic War, describing methods of war and the campaigns of the Sith army.
    ? A source book by Darth Bane that details the idea and the philosophy behind the Rule of Two as well as the training required for a Sith.
    ? An instructional manual by Mother Talzin exploring the Nightsisters?s use of the dark side and their role as dark side mercenaries in the galaxy.
    ? A scientific journal by Darth Plagueis with notes about his experimentation with and manipulation of the Force.
    ? Darth Sidious?s manifesto about the philosophy and political manipulation that marked his rise to power and established his Empire.

Those who added their comments: Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Asajj Ventress, Yoda, Mace Windu, Quinlan Vos, and Luke Skywalker

Removable features: A scrap of a Sith burial shroud, a battle map from the Great Galactic War, a Sith lightsaber crystal, a Nightsister talisman, a diagram detailing Palpatine?s political strategies during the Clone Wars, and a propaganda poster for the Galactic Empire

Dan

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Darth Sidious?s manifesto about the philosophy and political manipulation that marked his rise to power and established his Empire.

Is this the Dark Side Compendium? Or at least, it certainly sounds a bit like The Weakness of Inferiors.

16. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Dan, this promises to be a blast! As you probably anticipated, though, it brings up a host of questions, but I'm going to just break it all down into one single and very complicated but significant (to me, anyway) question, and it is this:

Considering that this book is promising more insights on Plagueis and Sidious, and also considering that the upcoming book Darth Plagueis promises to reveal still more insights on these characters, do you feel that this represents a more general trend at Lucasfilm, a feeling that the time has come to answer a few questions and clear up certain issues regarding these characters? One of the reasons we were told the Plagueis book was cancelled for a while, for instance, was a general feeling at LFL that the time wasn't right to go into Palpatine's backstory in that way; now that the book has been resurrected and is apparently firmly set for publishing in January, and now that this project is coming in addition to that one, do you feel that this general feeling has changed? Do you think there was ever really such a feeling at LFL against revealing such things? And where do you personally stand on the question of revealing such secrets?

It's not just a question of whether we'll learn their characters or backstories - though that's certainly something I'd love - but does this mean it may now be in the cards that we might have certain questions definitively answered (like, say, whether a certain individual created a certain child using a certain technique to manipulate certain microscopic lifeforms)? Those are big deals, and big questions to answer, so of course a lot rides on what LFL decides it wants to reveal or not.

I don't want or need any spoilers, especially not at this juncture, and at this point, I'm already assured that the project is in good hands, but it would be most interesting to hear your take on this issue, and I thank you in advance for your answer and your time.

17. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Just saw this again...

You were spot on, EECHUUTA, spot on. [face_laugh]

18. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

Can't wait for this gem!!!

But some bitching and complaining first:

Why comments by Jedi in a Sith book? One Jedi, ok, but so many? That is heresy!!! I want more Sith notes by Sith.

Ventress is no Sith... same for Mother Talzin... of course I love to learn more about them, but not in a Book of SITH. But still I will digg all things Dathomir, so... Dan you got me there... *saving money*

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh crumbs... the Jedi Path amused me, but this is a must buy. Darn it!

20. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Somewhat disappointed about the "writers" and "commentators". Sorzys Syn, new creation and sounds ok. Malgus, good. Bane, great. Talzin, should not be in the book in my own personal opinion, because the title is Book of Sith, not Book of Dark Side. Same goes with Asajj Ventress. Plagueis, great. Sidious, same. Yoda, Windu, Vos and Luke are all ok.

What we are missing, in my own view: Previously established early Sith Lords & Darth Ruin and other New Sith Wars possibilities as writers, Jacen & Krayt as commentators...

Talzin should really go where sun doesn't shine in my own, utterly personal opinion. If Sith cults proper don't get in, Nightsisters could just ride their rancors to another destination than between the covers of this book, but that's just my own view.

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Well I got the Deluxe Jedi Path, so I'm going to get the Deluxe Book Of the Sith now as well.

22. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I wonder when Luke gets his hands on this one. I'd like to say at the same time as he got The Jedi Path, but I think it's more likely that it'll be right before LOTF.

23. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    This one skipped Dooku altogether? I actually would have liked Jacen to have commented. You know. Raving crazy stuff.

24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Honestly I don't like hearing that Talzin will be part of this, since she's not really part of the Sith lineage... but then TCW is the big thing right now, so just like how Ahsoka got to write in the Jedi Path, guess its sorta the same thing (and at least she will probably offer a different perspective and this book might clear up Dathomir's role a bit more, since TCW doesn't bother with fixing details).

Too bad Dooku's not in there, but guess he was in the Jedi Path, although not sure how Ventress is included but not Dooku. Even Vos is a bit of a stretch, but guess he was working for Dooku for a while. So based on those names sounds like Luke will be the last one to get his hands on this, and should be interesting to see the Jedi comments on this Sith work.

Darth Malgus should be interesting. Partially its probably because TOR is the other big thing and he's basically the title Sith character from there, but I'm looking forward to how many TOR details will be in his section as the game should be out by then (in theory the game should be out by then anyway).

Now just have to save up for the deluxe edition. I think I still have the deluxe box from the Jedi Path lying around somewhere, but this one looks very nice too.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Man...I really want this, and I still have yet to be able to afford The Jedi Path (because,w ell, obviously I'm going to get the deluxe edition somehow).