main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  2. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    That would have been cool to see. A skull with a bit of a braid still attached would have been something right up the Siths' alley. [face_skull]

3. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    these are way too expensive for just a book. i don't care how many gimmicks are included.

4. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Which is why I hope just the book will be available, like The Jedi Path was.

5. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Same here. You can get the Jedi Book quite cheap now, whereas it was almost $100 back then.

6. jedimasterrob2004

jedimasterrob2004 Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2004
    I don't mind paying the $62 something that Amazon offers for it, my kids and I really enjoyed Jedi Path and we will love Book of Sith even more so.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Sweet. Just got my dispatch confirmation from Amazon. :D

(I didn't actually realise this was coming out this soon?)

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    It's supposed to come out in a month's time.

Did you order it at Amazon in the US? If so, I'll be cancelling my B&N order and placing the order on Amazon.

9. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Afraid it was Amazon UK, so not sure if that'll be much help across the Pond?

But it is still officially due out in another month? Seriously weird then. I wonder if Amazon typoed their release date with a Month 1 rather than Month 2? Unless this is another Riptide with the UK release date strangely early...

Oh well. Plagueis dispatched today too, so I should get double the fun in tomorrow's mail. :p

EDIT: I've just checked the actual listing, and... this is bizarre. The release date says 10 Feb 2012, yet it's already available for dispatch, with the standard "Want guaranteed delivery by 1pm Thursday, January 19? Order it in the next 23 hours and 50 minutes, and choose Express Delivery at checkout" at the top.

Weird. No clue what's going on then. Database glitch?

10. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
  11. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Does anybody else find the idea of a Sith creating a book that anybody can read a bit odd?

Granted, I'm surprised by the addition of books to the Star Wars universe. Jedi and Sith both prefer to keep a ghost ready to answer your questions. Seriously. That's how holocrons work. I think.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Maybe there's some kind of secret code you have to figure out to open it. Or a blood clasp on the "special edition". :p

13. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I now have in my hands the Book of Sith. [face_skull]

I can report that it has not claimed any blood in payment for its secrets... yet. I shall return with spoilerific fun later. :D

(If I can pry myself from my equally shiny new copy of Plagueis. Why is there too much of a good thing! [face_laugh])

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    My copy's just arrived but unfortunately I have an essay to finish before I can go through it. The box is very fancy though.

15. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Why not just split the difference? Go right to the sections about Plagueis' experiments and start with spoiling those! :)

16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I've only just started reading, but the first observations have to be the presentation itself.

Like the Vault for the Jedi Path, the actual Holocron case is fantastic, with the inside lighting up, sound effects, then the side of the case lifting up, before the book itself slides out on a tray. As for the book itself? I love how it's got the same "authentic feel" to it that the Jedi Path had, with the rough edges to the pages, etc.

In particular, I really like how the "texture" of the pages is completely different between each author. They start with really rough edges, like much of the Jedi Path, but then when you get to Malgus they are more like field reports on graph paper, then the Rule of Two part is on these very finely cut angular pages, and then Talzin and Plagueis's parts near the end seem more like diary entries on slightly rounded paper.

All in all, very, very nice. :)

I've only just started reading, so spoilers will be slow coming... but I will leave you with this:

"There were twelve of us, including several high ranking commanders: High General Ajunta Pall; Marchioness XoXann, commanding the Black Legions; Baron Dreypa, our fleet's sole remaining admiral; Karness Muur, whose Force-centred battle tactics had saved us from the trap at Fluwhaka; and I, Sorzus Syn, grower of living weapons and biological plagues."

Did I mention that alongside is an image of XoXaan, Syn, Dreypa, and Ajunta Pall? :D

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Oh, this is going to be good.:p

With all these new books, Wookieepedia is going to be a mess, for months.

18. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Feel free to spoil me about anything new regarding Palpatine and Vader.

...sue me, for me, those two are the faces of evil in Star Wars (admittedly Vader turned back, but again, best villain ever IMHO), and what comes to mind when I hear the word 'Sith'. So of course I'd be excited to hear if anything new about those two comes up in a Sith version of The Jedi Path, after we got so many great moments from their Jedi counterparts in that book :p

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    And give me all the old stuff....

of Karness and crew, for we know so little.

20. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    The Plagueis sections look very interesting, though I don't know how much would already have now been covered in Tenebrous Way and Plagueis. It's split into Creating Life, Influencing Midi-chlorians, Perpetual Life, Concentrating the Force, Philosophy of Life, New Explorations of the Force, Transcending Death, Netherworld and Chaos, Sith Spirits, Prophecy of the Chosen One, and finally...

The Culmination of the Sith'ari. [face_whistling]

Turning the page then bringing us to: ABSOLUTE POWER, By Darth Sidious, which documents the False War. [face_skull]

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003

Ok, so maybe SOME of the new stuff as well.
    :p

The part about "Transcending Death" matters to me, especially after the way Plagueis, um.... left us.

22. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    You'd be surprised how much of that material about Plagueis' experiments wasn't covered in those other sources. I'd have to say none of that was covered to the extent that I saw Plagueis write it down in what little I saw of his pages in the trailer for this book, so I have to assume that what's in the complete book has to be much more extensive. Collectively, yes, we're getting a complete picture, and we're bound to get a little overlap of information, but this particular book probably represents the last of the major tentpoles of that collective effort. For that reason, what Plagueis had to say with the pen on these issues is every bit as important, possibly more so, than what he said about them with the mouth in the novel.

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Does the book mention anything on the power of filght, like it did in the Darth Pleguis book?

24. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Two little quotes from p.134 to keep you all entertained for now. [face_mischief]

25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

I request all things Dathomir/Dathomiri Witches etc. especially in light of old Dathomir canon, and potential retcons or fitting in of TCW stuff. also Luke's notes in Talzin section interest me!