main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    =D= awesome! is there any kind of hint or mention that Talzin could be THE Mother?

2. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    Wait, seriously? I don't even have it yet!

Did you get it from Amazon like a regular order? I was still under the impression it wasn't getting into people's hands until Feb. 10. Thanks!

Dan

3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    AWESOME

so the mist is like Anzat's soup-mist then, eh, which is considered to be the souls of all beings whose soup they drank?

PS @Dan: Amazon UK is selling it very early, others not sadly. So if you could have them ship it early to all would be great, like make release date move to now please^^

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Straight from Amazon UK like normal, yeah. :)

It does seem like some sort of technical glitch admittedly, as it's available for immediate dispatch (see here), even though lower down it still has (10 Feb 2012) for the publication date.

Maybe Amazon just feel sorry because the end of the world will arrive at the UK five hours ahead of the US in eleven months time. :p
    I don't believe so, no. She talks about how she became a shaman after "the spirits" saved her during childbirth.

5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000

And if wishes were fishes...

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    So, what else does my man Quinlan have to say?
    Any more Mace jokes? What about his regrets?

Like, why he didn't go to Theed?
    [face_mischief]

7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    For Mace to have commented on Theed, he'd have to have still been alive to read Palpatine's section. :p

Not that Palpatine gives a history lesson anyway. His section at the end is relatively short really, as his views are mostly conveyed through his endless scribblings throughout the earlier chapters. (I love whenever he criticises the earlier Jedi comments. [face_laugh])

8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Do Maul or Dooku make any comments in the book?

9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I was talking about Vos and his question/comment about Mace being Sith. Did Vos regret not going to Theed? They sure could have used his talents, there. Maul's cloak, the Scimitar, and the other half of his saber were all there for the 'reading'.

10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't recall reading any comments about Theed, though that doesn't necessarily rule out there being any... the annotated comments are always a direct response to something one of the earlier authors wrote, so there's been no particular reason for Vos to bring Theed up.

Having said that, I do remember Luke making a comment about one of his people being skilled with psychometry and using it for some reason. Can't remember exactly what that was about though. (Possibly to examine the Book of Sith itself? Don't remember the context off hand, sadly.)

Anywho, on a separate note, I was just reading Stormwizard's thread about ideas for new reference books, and saw this:
    I've not got the time right this minute to go into much detail, but suffice it to say: those looking for information on the Force, Sith "magic" and "spellcasting" will not be disappointed. ;)

The sections on Sith Incantations and Amulets have actually been some of the ones I've found most fun, as they are completely faithful to those old TotJ and WEG stories and sourcebook powers, yet manage to turn what many people have always hated as "too fantasy" or "D&D" into something that finally fits seamlessly into Star Wars and makes them feel awesome.

I particularly love this line: "When a Sith sorcerer speaks, he gives voice to the thousand mages who went before him." [face_skull]

Mace and Sidious had a good argument over that one...

11. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    How much Red Sith goodness is there anyway? I know you mentioned the Exiles, the other two castes but anything else since I always liked the portrayal of the ancient Sith. Any new beasties and stuff named also?

12. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I HAVE. To GET. This BOOK.

Probably for birthday or Christmas this year. Meaning most of the year'll go by.

Unless I somehow come into enough money to get it before this October. [face_praying]

13. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ahha! I've actually come across Vos talking about Naboo! :)

It's only a brief mention of him mentioning Obi-Wan killing Maul though. Interesting picture next to it though, of some unnamed Banite having his multiple child candidates duel it out for the right to become his apprentice. I've not read Plagueis yet, but I recall that spoiler about how someone had stopped taking children as apprentices? Bane's discussion of the benefits of taking people as young as possible seems like it might play into that? [face_thinking]

Hmm... and I see Bane also mentions that a Lord Eradicus was the squire of Darth Ruin.
    I'd say Sorzus's section is probably a good quarter of the whole book, so there's lots of Old Sith stuff, yeah. :)

We learn more detail about both the First Great Schism and the Hundred-Year Darkness. Sorzus talks about why they (and before them Xendor) rebelled (Plagueis's obsessions were there from the very start), he talks about how they conquered the Sith Purebloods when Ajunta Pall slew Hakagram Graush, how the others all became Pall's Shadow Hands...

There's new detail on things like Sith weapons (I particularly like how Sith swords are made), Sith amulets, Sith locations, Sith holocrons... We get a few pages on the Reign of the Ax (or King Adas [face_mischief])... We learn about the conquests of the Red Sith before the Jen'ari came, including there encounters with the Anzati...

And yes, there are some new alchemical monsters mentioned, along with lots of pictures that make things like the Sith Warbird actually look intimidating and not like a Chocobo. :p

14. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Dear lord, thats just awesome! :eek:

15. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Anything on this fellow, Darth Andeddu, and/or Tulak Hord?

e: And in other eras, any new Banites or info/illustrations of Banites?

16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    The only one of those three that I recall spotting was Andeddu when Bane briefly mentioned him. While I've not spotted the Red Armoured Sith in the images, the Black Armoured Sith that people have long speculated as Adas is indeed wearing armour reminiscent of Adas. [face_mischief]

I've only skimmed over the weapons and amulets sections though, so it might be Tulak Hord is mentioned there. It's overwhelming how many new names and facts are mentioned though. From the Zuguruk and the Grotthu, to the Ninûshwodzakut, or spells and incantations like Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut and Qâzoi Kyantuska, there's just sooo much to take in. [face_hypnotized]

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003

Somehow, I just knew....

And yes, the no-child rule was in place until Plagueis came along.
    The 'exception', as it were.

18. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    question: can it still be ordered in UK and delivered within a few days? or are only those who preordered long ago getting it early? cause I tried to order it from UK but only got a message will be dispatched 17th february... weird. not giving a kark on their dates anyway but they still say it is in stock... hmm

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yes, I knew it! Was it vague memory, or a vision of the future? [face_hypnotized]

Just curious, but how much info is there about the encounter between the Anzati and the Red Sith?

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    after reading some more of the book were you able to find any reference to the power of force flight?

21. Stormwizard

Stormwizard Jedi Padawan star 1

May 3, 2010
    (Anakinvoice/) Yipee!:D

Book of Sith seems to be made of awesome. And Dan Wallace is awesome too.

Dan, when did you start to write this book and how long did it take?
    Did you have access to information from Darth Plagueis and other material that has recently been released or that is coming out soon?

22. Cull_Tremayne

Cull_Tremayne Jedi Master star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    That is just...something else. :D Anything on the Helm of Dathka Graush? Anything that leads us to believe that Hakagram is Dathka's son or heir or something?

So if the Dark-armored guy with the lightsaber from TotJ is reminiscent of Adas, is the picture of Xendor reminiscent of that earliest dark-sider picture from TotJ?

[image=http://images.wikia.com/swfanon/images/6/64/Xendor.jpg]

23. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    does anyone know if there is going to be a cheaper version with just the book?

24. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    you live in minnesota too? were you born there or did you move there? i live in the twin cities too. i'm going to minneapolis over the weekend.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What did Bane say about him?