main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Book of the Sith: Secrets of the dark side

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Theron Solo, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Anyone know where I can get a hold of this book with JUST the book? The case seems cool but i don't really want to spend 45 plus for a book. I'd like to buy just the book, and if anyone has read it, is it even worth getting? thanks in advance

2. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    It looks as though the hardcover edition is coming out May 2013 and according to amazon.co.uk will be priced at around the same as the Jedi Path hardcover.

I recently got the vault edition Book of Sith and I like it more than I thought I would. It hasn't given me any significant insights but I really like the flavour and atmosphere each sections in universe author brings; I could totally picture Darth Malgus jotting down his frustration by the dying light of a millitary lamp as the pounding of Howler Cannons in the distance occasionally rattle his desk.

Sorzus Syn's journal detailing the early days of becoming Dark Lords of the Sith was fascinating even though I have difficulty accepting the more magical nature of sith sorcery like curses and so forth. It was fun looking through at the pages about the beasts of the sith, remembering my days playing KOTOR and encountering a Terentatek on Korriban.

The artwork is really nice and adds a great deal to the books appeal.

I would point out that while I rate The Book of Sith highly, I don't have the EU knowledge that many others do. I haven't read that many novels, never touched a comic and don't play The Old Republic MMO (though I wish I could, loved KOTOR and KOTOR 2!). Because of this, much of the information was new to me and prompted a trip to Wookieepedia (any excuse, eh?) for further reading. So be careful, if you now your Sith this book might just tell you everything you already know.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I got mine here in Australia at 'Big W' which is kinda a like a Walmart I think....for $50. Got the Jedi Path the same...

4. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    What do you think of them Adalia? I wish the Jedi Path felt a little more like it was written by several authors like the Book of Sith manages to pull of.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I've not actually read the Book of Sith yet, but have read most the Jedi Path. I find it fascinating and intriguing. The 'point of view' thing plays a huge part if you read the quotes by various sith and jedi. Reading it makes me feel more like a nerd than I did before!

6. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    :) I hear you, one must give in to the inner (and outer) nerd. The books are designed to be "in universe" and that's exactly how they make you feel. I like those quotes you mentioned. I smiled when I saw Kenobi's comment on the six-armed saber-wielder.

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, had a few 'smile' moments while reading......and at first I felt bad for having the Sith Book, but one must know one's enemy! :p

8. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    I think that includes me now :)

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Another Sith.....lovely. :p

10. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Once more we rule the galaxy and we shall have peace. ;)

11. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I find that unfortunately either book is cost-prohibitive. I can't afford them. I really want both though. I think that since I know so 'much' about the jedi it would be interesting to see the Sith more closely.

12. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    It would definitely be interesting to read about that which I need to avoid, as a Light Guardian :p

I've got the Vault edition of the Jedi Path, and I love it. Unfortunately, the corresponding Book of Sith is around £60 here in the UK, and in my current unemployed state, I can't really justify buying it right now.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its out for $50 here in Australia, thats what.....25 Pounds over there?

14. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    It's about £30-35, actually.

As I say, that's significantly cheaper than it is here. I can only find the thing on Amazon, and it's £60ish. Which I imagine is close to $100. Slightly prohibitive.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just a bit...I was able to get them both for that $100.....notes in the sides of the Sith Book are very interesting....Luke hid this book from the Galaxy for sometime......makes you wonder why?

16. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    Are you talking about the Vault editions, or just the books?

He probably wanted to avoid the circumstance of it falling into vulnerable hands. A book like that must be steeped in the Dark Side, just like numerous Sith artifacts.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Vault editions... ;)

18. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    ...That's rather annoying.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not trying to be mean....just the facts ;)

20. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    Ah well. I'll just have to keep hoping for that lottery win...

21. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    My copy of the Jedi Path cost just £9.90....hope that's not an evil omen!

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    What?? That's like $18 !! I paid $50 for mine!! :eek:

23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry, quite true -- but it wasn't the Vault Edition that you have, just the plain and simple book.

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, then I feel much better about it......phew!

25. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Book of the Sith (probably also the plain version) will be available at my online store in 137 days (claimed) for £12.99.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.