main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Book/Reading Club

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sithspawn_3, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Who would be interested in joining a Book/Reading club??

I am in. Especially since they have just started a new set "Legacy Of The Force." There have only been 3 books I believe put out so we could start with that for now.

Please post if you are interested and we can go forward from there.

2. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    I don't mean joining another club but within our own as a section of the Hampton Roads Rebellion.

Sorry for the mix up.

3. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    The Tidewater Alliance has this, and it is a great venue for those that enjoy the books. Good luck.

4. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Jediknight88 mentioned this to me a few weeks back, we both had read it in the insider.
    It sounds like a fun idea. I would love to if I can get time to read or listen to a book lol.

5. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    It sounds intriguing. Wish I had more time for extensive reading like you cerebral types! My time is stretched thin as it is. Family life, plus other things going on with the FanForce/501st, just makes free time pretty much non-existent.

Have fun! ;)

6. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    As discussed during the last meeting, we will be starting a Book/Reading club in the Hampton Roads Rebellion.

Please post or pm me with your intent to be a part of this literary endeavor. We will get a poll started on which book to start with. Meetings will be discussed as more interest is developed.

Any questions, please contact me.

7. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    Im' gonna try to listen/read a book with you all.

8. Qevdar

Qevdar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2007
    I will be a part of the book club in theory! In reality I will probably not finish reading! But for now, count me in!!

9. fraken8902

fraken8902 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    I would join but you would have to nugde me after a page and a half I have a tendence to fall asleep and snore while reading.

10. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    If ya'll are meeting at barnes & nobles or borders, I'll occassionally drop by for a cup of java juice...not sure if i'll read all the books or any of the books that are mentioned, but if people are talking star wars, I wouldn't mind listening in once in awhile....

11. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Well that is what I am talking about just another reason to get together and discuss Star Wars stuff.

I think we will start with the new book by Timothy Zahn - Star Wars Allegiance. It is just recently released and in hardback. I will be contacting both of the big bookstores and find out what we can do. If this book sounds like a go, please let me know and we can start this week and discuss a meeting date.

Would y'all prefer the weekend or a weeknight to get out of the house?? Please let me know.

Thanks.

12. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    weekends only if I'm available...possibly Friday evenings, but I'd have to check with the Mrs. first...

13. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    I am going to plan on buying Star Wars Allegiance.
    Weekends or Weekdays are good. it doesn't matter

14. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    We will go with allegiance first then. When I get back I will be getting with the book stores to see what they can offer us.

I will post meeting date as soon as I can.

15. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    good deal. thanks tony. Star Wars Allegiance it is

16. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I just ordered Allegiance on Amazon. I also ordered Path of Destruction.

Looking forward to a good read.

17. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Great start on Allegiance and we will all meet the first week of April to discuss. I will contact trhe stores and see what we can come up with.

If nothing else we can do it at my house or somewhere central to everyone. Enjoy the book and see everyone after my vacation.

18. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    Have fun during you vacation.

19. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I'm on Chapter 6. I know we agreed that we'd get together and talk about the book, but I have to make one observation...unlike the movies, the TK's in this book can shoot accurately![face_laugh]

20. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    OK everybody, since we will be meeting up on Sunday anyway, why don't we take a minute at the restaurant and discuss Star Wars Allegiance.

Please let me know if this works for you guys. I figured since most of the people will be there on Sunday anyway we can kill 2 mynocks with a single laser. let me know.

21. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Since we were unable to get around to it last weekend, for those interested bring your copy of Star Wars Allegiance to the meeting on Sat.

After the meeting will take sometime and discuss the book as well as talk about what's the next book we want to read. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

22. Darth_Ruan

Darth_Ruan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2007
    Thanks for the brief synopsis spawnman. I'm going to have to seriously consider picking up Allegiance.

23. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    It's a good read and we will continue to broaden our reading through the use of this section.

Look forward to seeing you again.

24. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Just finished reading Star Wars LotF Exile and it was good. I highly recommend it, however it is part of a series so to understand the plot lines the first 3 need to be read.

The series starts out as follows: Betrayal, Bloodlines, Tempest, and the current book Exile.

The next book in the series, Sacrifice, is due out May 29, 2007. If there is anyone who needs to borrow these let me know.

25. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I'm just now getting to read that Darth Bane book, "Path of Destruction".

Going very slow; I'm talking just a few pages a night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.