main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Book Remakes?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by razzy1319, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    If george can remake his movies, and he changes some eu stuff in rots. could authors of eu material make changes too? would it be cost effective? what stuff would you think will be liable to change?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It probably would cost too much to rewrite, print and distribute to get any sort of profit.

3. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Revisionism ultimately would do more harm than good, anyway.

Imagine if the Bantam era were overseen by the current Del Rey staff. Zahn, Stackpole, and Allston's books would be damned near unrecognizable.

"There's not enough love story or marauding aliens in the Thrawn Trilogy! We'll fix that!"

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    While I think a total remake is unnecessary, I wonder, if they reprinted something like the Thrawn trilogy for whatever reason, would anyone be opposed to changing all the "forty years" references to thirty and other minor fixes of the sort while they're at it?

5. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I would. That would contradict the retcons that have been made to fix those errors.

6. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    That would be a great idea, if used properly. I've been waiting for a long time for Del Rey to redo the second half of the NJO, too bad they don't seem to listen to little old me :(

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Hurl three-fourths of the NJO into a Gamorrean's gullet, and we have a deal sweeter than Jabba's breath.

8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    No, I would never want to such a thing as book remakes come to pass. I already appreciate the history that is in place, and while some books obviously work better than others, I would rather see efforts taken in ensuring quality of upcoming releases. The books stand as they are, but fortunately with crap like The Bounty Hunter Wars and Planet of Twilight eventually comes brilliance along the lines of Star by Star and Traitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.