main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Apparently the Holiday Inn has been instructed to block all rooms off for the convention - it's my suspicion they won't be available except through convention housing. And we don't know when that will be starting up - guess we'll have to keep an eye on the SW.com news updates.

I hope the Fig is reliable - but when I called the first day he said he didn't have any queen beds, so I booked twins, but the next day I called again to add another room and he said he had a king room, and he also said "my reservation hadn't found its way into the system yet" - which didn't sound so cool. Plus the site says the time for cancellation prior to check in is 7 days, he told me 14 days on the phone, and he told another friend of mine a month!

And those reviews look pretty deterring to me.

We're considering our reservations as not secure, and will book elsewhere as soon as the blocks open up.

2. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    I hope there isn't any complications or tricks when I check-in on May 23rd. We still have a whole year, so let's just see how it goes.

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Still cannot book at the Holiday Inn, they said that they are all booked up. They must have blocked these rooms. Also,found out that there will be no shuttles on the weekend days. They said with Memorial Day it will be too busy to run them. I do not completely buy this, but we will see when it gets closer.

Very few rooms left at the Fig,..only twin bed rooms...and those are in the single digits.

Hope everyone will be able to book...Good Luck!!!

4. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Hopefully the Fig has their act together when it comes to reservations, otherwise I think it is a great hotel.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Part of me is waiting for the hotels to come up with the registration. I did a bit of looking at the other nearby hotels, the Westin Bonaventure and the Marriott look nice too.

Also, the Marriott was where the video for Fatboy Slim's track "Weapon Of Choice" was filmed. I'm sorta tempted to room there so I can get my Christopher Walken fix while I'm in town.

6. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    sweet I didn't know that! awesome video, I think I'll have to make a visit to the lobby just to take pictures ;)

7. kcpelot

kcpelot Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Dude now I want to stay there LOL

Thanks for that bit of info!

8. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Heh, interesting. I was looking at the Marriott and didn't realize that piece of info. Very cool. I don't know where I'm staying yet.

9. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    When booking online, always, always, always call the actual hotel itself to confirm the reservation. I did the priceline thing about 7 monthes out, at that same Courtyard in Indy, and I called after I got my confirmation from Priceline the next day. And then about once a month until the date. The last time being the day before my plane took off. When you call, get the name of the person you talk to.

All reservation systems can be flakey, so I err on the side of being a pain in the ass and bug the hell out of the actual hotel to make sure I'm taken care of.

Better Luck in LA!

-Doc

10. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003
    If the "Fig badges" are made, count me in, I'll buy a couple.

11. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Count me in for 2 badges as well.

12. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

13. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    How about the "fig badges" are just Fig leaves? they're cheap, easy to obtain, and the biblical jokes are endless

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Wow.. a year to go and we're already wanting badges! Where's mine????? Heh... People won't know where to come for their free drinks! =)

15. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Count me in for a couple of badges as well.

16. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    THE FIG IS BOOKED SOLID..

LADIES AND GENTS THERE ARE NO MORE ROOMS AVAILABLE, NOT EVEN TWINS. I CALLED THE HOTEL THIS EVENING AND THEY SAID "SOLD OUT", TRY ANOTHER HOTEL.

I fell totally sorry for people who will have to book far away, but we warned alot of people. It is a good thing that some of us heeded the knowledge we had from C3

17. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Just hope we get our rooms.

18. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003
    Wow, and CIV is nearly 11 months away. Good thing some of us booked early! I hope those who couldn't get a room, are able to find a place that isn't too far away.

19. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    This is Los Angeles we're talking about here; plenty of rooms to be had. ;)

20. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    True but most wil be at leat a mile away, from what I have scene regarding distance to the convention center. The fig is the second closest hotel. I am booked there and very excited. :)

21. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I am not worry. I don't want to pay a penalty if I can't go. Still I already called a hotel.
    They have rooms and you can book up later. 10 months ahead. ;)

22. kcpelot

kcpelot Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Has anyone heard anything about the Marriot?

Does anyone know how far in advance they allow you too book on their website or anything?

Thanks

23. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Tried booking at the Marriot, the dates are unavailable right now. Good chance the C4 dates are also blocked off for reservation right now.

24. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    And the shuttle will drive that mile in about 5 minutes.

Have patience, padawans. All will be revealed in a few months.

25. DarthRageFist

DarthRageFist Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    I was thinking about booking at the Fig but I decided to hold off. I'll try to book a room through starwars.com when they post the info. If that doesn't work then I guess I'll be out of luck. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.