main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I would not hold my breath on that shuttle. Several posts have already been made about shuttle service not running on the weekends, and with downtown traffic in the moring and night five minutes would be a miracle.

2. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Not sure why people held off booking at the Fig. All you had to do was give Uno a credit card number... no transactions take place until you get there so you would have PLENTY of time to save up. I'm sure the Holiday is going to be providing most of the rooms for everyone through the fan club.

3. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    FWIW, I am reassured by our fine FF moderators. I didn't want to book a room just for myself, because I didn't want to take it away from someone coming from overseas, or a group traveling together that needed to stay in a room together. I thought if push comes to shove, I would stay with some single female SW fans. Maybe this will work out with booking a room through Hyperspace. Hope springs eternal.

4. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Now that is a generous SW fan. It's very thoughtful of you, I hope that you find a room that is close to the convention.

5. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    That's the hotel individual shuttles that might not be running. There will be C4 shuttles run by LACC/GenCon/LFL that will be running durring C4.

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Also there is always the option of public transportation. It might not be ideal but it's cheap and it will get you there. Several routes stop literally right at the corner of the Convention Center, just cross the street and you're there.

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for that, Amidala. Reading the official announcement at Starwars.com, you'll see this:

"Stay tuned to starwars.com as your primary source for updates about programming, guests, activities, entertainment and exclusive merchandise at Celebration IV to be released as they are confirmed closer to the convention. Online ordering for tickets to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late summer/early fall. There will also be information on getting around Los Angeles, traveling to and from the Convention Center, and on shuttle buses available for convention-goers who are staying in the city."

There's no need to worry whether specific hotels have shuttles; the convention will have one.

8. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003
    That's good to hear, I have a feeling C4 will be more organized compared to C3.

9. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't want to book a hotel until I know how long I want to stay. I want to know what else is being offered during the days preceding the actual con. If I'm flying from the East Coast I'll be making a 2 or 3 week trip out of it. I'll also want to visit other places on the west coast and will be booking several hotel stays once I've figured out my itinerary.

I'm interested in information about other hotels which might show up on the shuttle route. I'd like to know how far they are from public transportation and what services are in the immediate area (mainly fast food & shopping). I've been trying to do my own research but I'm finding it hard to put together that information.

I'm waiting for more 'road trip reports' from the local fan club(s). They've been most helpful. I figure if I've narrowed it down to a few choices some should show up in the room block. I'm not concerned about being within walking distance. I want a shuttle which will drop me at the door. :) If I miss out on the room block I'm sure I'll be able to find a hotel somewhere near public transportation.

10. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003

Maps & Guides of L.A.

Click either one, and it'll give you a bunch of maps and guides to choose from. They have separate guides for each part of L.A. (with places to eat, shop, attractions, etc).

11. DarthRageFist

DarthRageFist Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    If you're right then maybe I should re-join the fan club. I think that paying an extra $40.00 for a better shot at a decent hotel within walking distance of the convention center would be well worth it. If nothing else, I'm sure they'll probably get to book their hotel rooms 24 hours in advance of the general public.

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Guys, guys. The Holiday Inn only has 195 rooms. And it may very well be that VIPs/executives/top vendors are going to have dibs on that hotel, being that it's so close and all.

13. DarthRageFist

Jan 24, 2005
    I think that you misunderstood me. Yeah, the Holiday Inn would be great but I'm not really counting on it. I just want a room at a hotel that will be within fairly short walking distance of the convention center. That's all.

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Ah, got it. Well, besides the Holiday Inn and the Hotel Figueroa, there aren't any within "fairly short" walking distance. That's what the shuttle (and the trolley, which runs down Flower Street, a block from the convention center) will be for.

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Whoa.. you mean toe tell me between the Holiday Inn (195) and the Figueroa (about 218) that's it? No other rooms near the convention center? Dear God that's not many at all. Wow.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    That's correct... there are no other hotels right at the convention center. However, there are plenty of hotels in the downtown area. Give me a few minutes and I'll edit this with a map of where I'm talking about.

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/010b3517.jpg]

Click on the image to open it...

In that picture are the Bonaventure, Biltmore, the Grand Hotel, Checkers, and the Standard Hotel. From the Biltmore to the Convention Center is about 1.25 miles.

17. DarthRageFist

Jan 24, 2005
    I could live with taking the shuttle. I just don't want to get stuck at a hotel that's so far away that it doesn't have shuttles running to and from the convention center. If that's the case I won't go. The last thing I want to have to do is rent a car and drive to and from the convention every day.

18. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks. I've been using that site and those maps. I'm just wondering if there are any fast food type joints near hotels which won't require spending a lot of time on sit down dining. I haven't found those on the maps but I'll admit I haven't explored them all in detail.

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Seventh Street Marketplace has a food court. It's and 7th and Figueroa. And there are a lot of fast food places downtown.

And if all goes well, there will be a Ralph's supermarket finished by the time of the convention. It's going to be at 9th and Flower, IIRC.

20. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Yes, see this map: http://www.seemyla.com/pdf/dthotel.pdf (it's from the link below)

21. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    The Holiday Inn Los Angeles is now accepting Reservations online!!!

But they come up as sold out. :(

I imagine they just blocked off the whole thing for online sales through Gencon/LFL.

22. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    So what are the cheapest rates closest to the convention center?

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

The only two hotels close to the convention center are full. The Fig is booked and the Holiday Inn is apparently blacked out. Everything else is about a mile away and you'll either have to walk or use the shuttle services.

24. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I reserved a room for myself at the Fig but, honestly, I'm sure that GenCon / LFL will arrange for shuttle services from other hotels in the area to & from the LACC. Since the LACC isn't stradled by hotels like the Indy Con Center, I'm guessing the powers that be are compensating for this.

Plus, I don't know exactly what taxi rates are but I'm sure splitting a taxi, say 2 or 3 ways is WAY cheaper than renting a car for a day. Even if you compare it to a trip from AND back to your hotel (combined).

I'm looking forward to meeting fellow fans & enjoying C4 with them.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

25. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Taxi's from the airport to hotel are $40 give or take a few bucks. That's a bit expensive!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.