BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    There is no Quality Inn 2 or 3 blocks from the Convention Center. What's the address?
  2. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it a good idea to really book hotel rooms now, or wait till they announce the chain hotels they have on reserve? I already have plane tickets bought and paid for, I'm just wondering if I should wait till they allow reserves at places like the Holiday Inn or something.
  3. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    You can actually book a room now (if you can find one), and then wait for the official room block, get a room then, and cancel the one you don't want to keep. If you wait you will see which hotels are on the shuttle service, and that may help with your decision.
  4. buggyvirus1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thats what I am doing. I booked now because last time I was not able to secure a room in that special block.
  5. ewok78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it's 1903 West olympic Boulevard !
  6. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    You are over a mile from the convention center.

And I hate to tell ya, but this place has gotten really, really bad reviews on every website I've tracked it on. Maybe they will clean up their act before next year; that has happened before. Will just keep tracking it to see if things change.
  7. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Master

star 2
    Does anyone one know the real story about the Holiday Inn next to the convention center? Rumors has it just for C4 stars, staff and media.
  8. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep, no real information. It makes sense that it might be being held for vendors/exhibitors, whatever, because it is close. It is a very small hotel (198 rooms) so really doesn't figure much into the room block.

As far as VIPs go, I would hope that they would be at places like the Biltmore or the Omni or the Bonaventure. Much nicer places, seems like the kind of places VIPs ought to go. And don't forget many of the VIPs live in the area, so they just have to be chauffeured in. People like Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.
  9. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Master

star 2
    Mark and Carrie for sure going to be there? I thought Mark was still in New York?
  10. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    No, I don't know that they will be there for sure. But they are sure close enough, it would make sense, huh? Mark is in Malibu now, I know this from OfficialPix business.
  11. ewok78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Over a mile it's not too far away !!
    in october i was at the Omni and i went by foot to the FIDM !!

Not very clean ? we'll see it's the cheaper and the biggest we have found ! we are 8 !
  12. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, it's about the same distance. It's just that you might be loaded down with packages in the afternoon, and that can get tiring. Plus it's usually hot around here at the end of May.

The motel looks clean from the outside, but from everything I've read, that's deceptive. Just trying to have people understand that just because it looks great in the pictures on the website, that that's not always the case. But like I said, reviews might improve by May, that's a long way away.

13. ewok78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do you think i have to change my booking for another hotel ?
  14. ewok78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What do you mean by hot ?
    the weather or the people ?
  15. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    It can be quite hot out here (in the upper 80s, around 29 degrees Celsius) at the end of May. And humid, as has been the case this year. Let's hope it holds off a bit next year.

And no, I wouldn't change your hotel right now. Wait until the room block and/or the shuttle schedule comes out. You will not find any motels close by, but there may be something on the shuttle route that will fit you just fine (maybe something in Hollywood).
  16. ewok78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I remember that on the 7th street there is a super market !
    Do you know their opening hours ?
  17. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    There is no supermarket downtown. The new Ralphs near the Convention Center won't be open until sometime next year, hopefully by May, just don't know.

There are places that function as grocery markets, though not part of the chains:

There is always Grand Central Market at Hill and Fourth streets. While the place is now devoted mostly to food vendors, Grand Central Market's sawdust-covered floor still boasts a dozen or so grocery stalls. It opens at Nine AM.

The Old Bank Market and Deli at 409 S. Main Street has standard grocery goods as well as luncheon meats and sandwiches.

The Bunker Hill Market and Deli at 800 W. First Street features a meat section, produce and liquor.

The Mitsuwa Marketplace at 333 S. Alameda Street is in Little Tokyo. It's part-food court, part-grocery store and part-mini mall stocked with prepared food, baked goods and stacks of produce. There is a fair amount of exotic food here, although Mitsuwa carries the traditional mix of groceries and basic items.

A Thursday farmers' market is at 7+Fig, the mall at Ernst & Young Plaza at Seventh and Figueroa streets. The Certified Gourmet Farmers Market is in the food court atrium from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and offers fresh produce, kettle corn, freshly cut flowers and even bonsai trees.

That's about it until the Ralphs opens.

18. ewok78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry for my english ! In france we call that a super maket !
    i remember it's on the 7th street( I am sure !) i think it's near macy's at a corner ! there is a pharmacy inside ! i think it's what you call a grocery , but i din't think it's a chian !!

that you for all tose informations it's just to by sandwiches !
  19. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, got it -- you're talking about 7th & Fig, the mall. There is a food court inside. Glad we cleared that up! :)
  20. ewok78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    At last !!!!!!

I hope to meet you at C4 !!
  21. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Still no rooms available at the Fig. I called last night and they are still booked. They said they have a waiting list though, so get on it now, just in case the blocked rooms are not at this hotel. Also, found out that there is a new grocery store being built close to the Fig, called Ryans. They said it should be done by late September, early October. I would check with Val though, she could probably help with this more than I can. Anyway, I will keep this post updated as long as I can. I will soon be working my mind to the matter here shortly for the badges. So I may not be able to post but once a weeks in this thread.

8-} My mind on Badges...LOL
  22. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It seems to me my best bet (if not only) is to simply wait until admissions open up and grab a block room like I did at CIII. The thing that still worries me, though, is what the prices will look like. I don't expect them to be as they were in Indianapolis, and I'd paid $99 a night for mine. I would never have made it on the $199 deal, since I'd forgotten my admission badge here in Arkansas! Which brings me to my other delima: should I have it shipped again, or would WillCall be easier so there is no risk of forgetting it and having to pay over $100 again for a multiple day pass? Or will WillCall be even worse than standing in line to get in?

Lavenderrose73 @};-
  23. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    I would just have it shipped to you and make sure you put it on your packing list. Also, I made sure that I put post it's around the house so I would not forget them. On the day we left, I even asked my hubby to show them to me before we left, but you can do whatever makes you happy.

It cost us $159 a night at the Fig, so it may be more expensive for one person. At Indy, I had a friend with me and her four girls and she split the costs with me, so it only costed me $80 per night. My suggestion, being that you are by yourself, is to find someone to bunk with, this may lessen your expense. However, I do know that it may be concerning to spend the night with someone you barely know, but it may work for you.
  24. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm trying to, but everyone in my local fan club seems to want to do their own thing. I'm just about ready to consider thinking outside my state. I don't care if I don't know the person, I just care if I can trust her. Someone here might decide to bunk, but I've learned not to hold my breath on much of anything.

@};-
  25. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    I have room with two beds $56 per night but the hotel is not a 5 stars hotel. Is a regular hotel. Sounded that no one wanted to share my room because I am traveling with my 10 years old son. I don't know yep if I am going to change the hotel because is my vacation with my son.

Btw the hotel I booked is 5 blocks from the convention.

If I change I will trying the sharen.. Then I will need someone to share the cost. Still I will not mind to share the room I booked if I can't book in a better hotel. ;)

We need wait to see. Hopes near to the c4 the hotels rooms open up. :rolleyes:

What a mess with the hotels. 8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.