main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Sorry for the double post. [face_blush] I just found one hotel that cost $349 per night. :( Is too expense to book by one person. Two beds. Still open and have two beds.
    I think they are queen beds. :confused:

2. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Well there is a possibility my husband will not be going if he gets a new job. I have a twin bed room at the Fig, so you can stay with me and we can split the costs. As we get closer to the time, i can let you know for sure.

3. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey thanks, Karma and Patty. I'll certainly keep my options open. I assure you whomever I bunk with I'll pay my share. I'm thinking about booking my own place just to stay on the safe side, but I can always cancel...what, before 6 that evening when they go ahead and charge the credit card? I don't give a flying kitten's mitten how many stars a hotel has or doesn't have, only how safe I would be while I'm staying there. If there's no refrigerator, then I've bought TV dinners off the nonperishable shelf before and I can do it again. Patty, that's still $174.50 per person, and some expenses kept me from starting my savings collection this month. I take it the $56 would be for each person if 2 share a room? And if you're staying at the Fig, I trust you know about the thread the people with reservations are posting stuff? http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=24734513&start=24759500. Well, better get going. Got English class coming up and I've still got other threads to check on. Ciao! [face_peace]

Lavenderrose @};-

4. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Its okay. ;)

I will be keeping the same hotel. The Sharenton hotel was the over $300. [face_worried]
    Still I will keep waiting to for another hotel with groups like you. ;) I am not in the Fig. :( I lost the time to book a room there.

5. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh, I'm not worried about that. The important thing is in that crazy L.A., I won't have to walk or ride to the convention alone. Well, better get some @#$%! homework done, but I should be home the rest of the night to catch any other postings. Ciao, y'all!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

6. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Lavender, it would be around 64.00 for half of the room rate, That can be adjusted however. Won't know about any possible arrangements until next year.:)

7. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Shoot, I had to do $99 alone at Indy, so I'm not about to complain. I also understand, though, that your husband may still go. Actually, for your sake I hope he gets that new job and still is permitted to come. I told the supervisor at Baptist Health Medical Center during my interview back in 2002 that my mother had purchased a plane ticket for me to go to my high school reunion and would need a whole week off in less than a month, and she still hired me! If not, well, it's better to kick around ideas while there is still more than sufficient time. :)

Lavenderrose @};-

8. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I was in los Angeles with my son last year in the same area for the Galaxy outfits from all the movies. I know I am worry too about the safety but the area is not totally too bad.
    Also you can wait to when convention release the hotels. I need to wait too. [face_hypnotized]

9. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I figured that's what I would do too. I just hope the block room prices don't defeat the purpose of waiting for them.

@};-

10. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I called the Fig and they said they had a few cancellations...so hurry, you may have your chance NOW!!!

The cancellations were for a couple of the days, not all of the convention dates!!!

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh darn, I need the whole time. :_| And I had my hand in my pocket grabbing my cellphone until I read that last part. Oh well, I'll just keep my eyes peeled. Besides, with a waiting list, I figured they would just call the next person on there for those 2 days. Oh well.

@};-

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm working on finding a place for an 8 night stretch but I think I've narrowed it down and will pick a place pretty soon.

13. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    If anyone is waiting for the prices to go down, DON'T! I checking the Omni just to see if it gets any cheaper and it doesn't. The price has gone up $30.00 per night in a month.

14. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Dang, I'm starting to wonder if I'll even make it to Celebration 4.

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.