main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    Hmmmmmm. I'm flying from Tasmania. I'd like to be able to walk to the con and walk back. The idea of a shuttle dosn't really appeal to me. I'm sure (if the C4 store is anything like C3) I'll be standing in line. I don't really relish the thought of lining up to get back to a hotel. I'll find a hotel with a good rate and book it. discount later or not at least I know I can get there. see you all there.....

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    We could also 'book en mass' for a limo ala C-3 -

That was so much fun!!!!!

3. Jedivampire

Jedivampire Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    Hopes I can meet you there DarthBreezy. You will be a nice person. :)

4. b5lurker

b5lurker Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Just a warning from someone that has attended a Microsoft conference at the LACC in the past, even with frequent shuttles to the surrounding hotels there can be quite a bit of traffic, so don't expect to always get there that fast. The roads in downtown LA are not the best for big shuttle busses, so if you can book a closer hotel that would probably be the best bet. After my experience there 3 years ago I will definitely be trying to book a hotel that I can walk to LACC. Just adding my 2 cents.

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Take my word for it, she is a nice person:)[face_batting]

6. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Ok....all this talking made me go and reserve a room at the Figueroa. What was really surprising was that it will be cheaper than Indy (And that is with no discount!):eek:

My wife and I will see you there :D

7. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    I also just noticed on the official announcement that they said there will be info on shuttle services:

There will also be information on getting around Los Angeles, traveling to and from the Convention Center, and on shuttle buses available for convention-goers who are staying in the city.

This is a biggy for me, since I'll be flying in. I won't have a car. I came from Michigan to Indianapolis for C3, so I had my car the whole time.

"Just a warning from someone that has attended a Microsoft conference at the LACC in the past, even with frequent shuttles to the surrounding hotels there can be quite a bit of traffic, so don't expect to always get there that fast. The roads in downtown LA are not the best for big shuttle busses, so if you can book a closer hotel that would probably be the best bet. After my experience there 3 years ago I will definitely be trying to book a hotel that I can walk to LACC. Just adding my 2 cents."

But if I wake up early enough, it'll probably be okay. I'll be on an adrenaline rush the whole time anyway!

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Cate only says that because I brought back jelly babies from London...[face_devil]

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
  10. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Just to let everyone know I did contact the convention center and they said that there will be shuttle services...HOWEVER....MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. The lady I talked to on the phone said that the shuttles cost $15 for adults and $12 for children of any age. This is really expensive, thank goodness I booked at the Fig, just a block and a half away.

Also, a shuttle does run from the airport to your hotel, but again the cost is the same.

11. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    $15 for one way?

12. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm hoping to call the holiday inn tonight and see about getting a room there. if not I'll call the fig. I don't want to have to deal with busses, taxi, or shuttle to get back and forth.

13. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    YES...IT IS $15 ONE WAY, AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I UNDERSTOOD FROM THE LADY I TALKED TO.

THAT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A CAB FARE.

14. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    That really doesn't sound right.

15. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Got a room at the Figueroa Hotel. [face_dancing]

16. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    I will be booking the Fig on Tuesday.

17. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Supposedly, you can book at the Holiday Inn because they only reserve 350 days or 50 weeks from the date.

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    So is the Figueroa Hotel the closeest one or is the Holiday Inn closer. I must have missed that. I too have thought about and come over to the dark side and will be booking a room early just in case.

19. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    For most of the big events at the LACC I found on the net, shuttle service was complementary, I am sure it will be the same way for such a big event.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Holiday Inn is closer by just a little bit.

21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just called the Holiday Inn. They aren't taking reservations yet.

The lady I talked to told me For a 10 day stay I would be looking at around 109 a night. Not as bad as I expected. If I can't bum a place to stay off my Aunt this will probably be where I go. The Figueroa looks like it would be a really cool place to stay at though.

Another thing I will probably wait for is to what hotel the 501st is staying in and what kind of deal they are getting.

22. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Its ok to come over to the dark side and book...but the Emperor is not as forgiving as I. As for the Holiday Inn, the lady I talked to said to call back in a week, and that was tonight when I called. She said that they only reserve up to 50 weeks in advance. The Fig seems to be a pretty neat hotel and it is close. I booked the first day the announcement came out and the receptionist said they had in the neighborhood of 2200 to 2500 calls about the convention. She even ask me if this reservation was for "Star Wars."

Also, I found out from a cousin of mine in California that other celebrities, other than Star Wars, heard of the convention and were interested in it. This may mean more autographs...would'nt mind a Tom Hanks autograph, he is a Star Wars fan. My cousin works for Universal, too bad she does not work for 20th century.

23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think one problem with booking now is the little thing about other events the weekend before. When you're flying around half the globe I would like to know about all events before saying how long I'm going to be there.

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    ditto -

I mean, I'm thinking of making it a business trip as well by booking to a small fair (writes off the traveling part) if I can so details are important.

25. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Apparently there is something else at that time too. The woman at the Fig asked me if this was for Star Wars or "E3", whatever that may be. Getting a room close to the convention center locked up early might be the thing to do. I can't see how LFL or anybody could get much of a discount off of what we will be paying a night. Besides, if something better comes along later, we can always rebook and cancel. ;)

I was waiting for the Holiday Inn to open up but with very little difference in the distance from the Con Ctr. or in what was offered I figured it was better to be done with it and have a guaranteed place to stay close by.
    (Especially since the system used for C3 didn't exactly work perfectly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.