main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    E3 is the gaming and electronics expo that's held every year, and is I think a week or two before C4.

2. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Yes, there is a computer convenction first and hotels are going to be busy. ;) Still there is planning time to get a hotel.

3. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    Room reserverd @ the Figueroa!!! IT HAS BEGUN!

4. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I just got an email from the Holiday Inn telling me they have sold out. It really HAS begun.

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Huh. Maybe the Holiday Inn is one of the places LFL blocked out.

6. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Boise idaho Fan Force is booked and we will be there

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Wouldn't be surprised as it's almost across the street from the LACC. A similar thing was done at C3 where the nearest hotel (Marriott) was where most of the LFL folks and the actors stayed. Of course, having a walkway to the building may have also helped too.

8. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    OK i need a roomate(s) before i book a room to split up the cost. So if any female thats needs a roomate PM me.

9. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i've booked a room at the Quality Inn

10. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I just found out that the Figueroa is almost booked up. This hotel is a block and a half away, right across the street from the Holiday Inn City Center. Also, I find it funny that the convention is not on the Rooster yet for next year on the LACC website...I sure hope they have not changed their minds.

11. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Holy crap. I didn't realize people were already booking for rooms. Damn, I need to find out from my best friend quick to see if he's going with me so I can book a room. I never realized you could book this far in advanced. I really hope I don't end up getting something too far that I need a rental car, as I won't be old enough to get one once C4 comes around. I'll only be 20.

12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I doubt they'd change it after LFL and GenCon already sent out press releases stating the event would be held at the LACC. PR people would have a fit after dealing with the fallout that would come from such a thing.

Also, why would LACC need a rooster? I doubt there's much of a need for farm animals in downtown LA. :D

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I thought they weren't taking reservations yet?

Holy cow - yes they ARE!!!

14. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I booked at the Milner as soon as I found out. Better safe than sorry. :cool:

15. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    It is really hit and miss alot of web sites will not book that far in advance and some staff members do nto know what they are doing but i got a great room deal a mile away with, fridge,microwave, swimming pool for less than 90.00 a night i am good with that i am in walking distance.
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/fromhoteltoconc4.gif]

1904 W. Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90006 US
    Phone: (213) 380-9393 Tollfree: (888) 350-7793

Click here for the web site

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Did you get a straight answer from them. I called and they told me they couldn't book that far in advance when I called a few minutes ago.

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

Like i said up above not all people know what they are doing and some hotels have already booked out.not just by the fans but other things in local area. Disney/Memorial Holiday/ and prob C4 booking rooms for guest, or fan club deals.

18. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    holiday inn just told me that they can't take bookings for those dates for another 2 weeks. are you calling a secret number that I need to know about?

19. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Holiday Inn told me about two weeks too.

20. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I cant book until I see what the flights will cost. So take pity on the Uk lot sleeping in the streets!

21. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    you do know you can book a place and cancel it if you do not get it as long as you do it in the time frame they say you have to do it in and most places are with in 48 hours. some are less

22. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Holiday Inn told me the same thing...no reservations until 50 weeks out. I will call them daily and update the post on information I receive.

My cousin told me that LA is not as busy as we think it will be for memorial day weekend. She said that I should not concern myself with the holiday.

23. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

Not Just Holiday Weekend the week before C4 is E3 so some rooms are for that. Some Rooms are Booked Already by Gen Con and Lucas Films, and Some are held by the hotels for Reg Holiday Weekend Guest. Some hotels are already booked up. And Some are not booking at all yet.

If you can book something close I would do it now just to be safe and if you find something cheaper or better you can always cancel your previous booked room. to free it up for someone else.

Thats what i am doing but i do not think i will get anything better.

24. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    Does anybody have already book a room ?

25. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I tried booking there online, but it didn't come up with anything. Am I doing something wrong or is it better to give them a call?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.