main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Sorry - didn't mean to start a panic with my Holiday Inn post. But I did email them directly and was told they are already booked up for that weekend. It's very possible the email from this person was incorrect. Or maybe she was trying to blow me off? Either way keep trying because these big hotel chains are always confused and rooms come up on a daily basis. According to their website they can't book more than 50 weeks in advance (as others have said) so maybe that's why she couldn't get me a room? You can also assume LFL/Gencon will be reserving a large block of rooms for attendees, probably at the Holiday Inn and other surrounding hotels.

I booked at the Omni as a back-up. It's a little far away (1.3 miles?) but it's nice and I'll be counting on a shuttle.

2. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    I have been at this Hotel it's far away form the FIDm !
    I think Gencon /LFL have book all the rooms as it was for C3 !

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I called the hotel (holiday inn) in LA directly - she said all sold out for that week.

4. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    The Holiday Inn must be the official hotel. How can it be booked up if they don't take reservations more than 50 weeks in advance? I wouldn't be surprised if this is the hotel for guests and volunteers and all that. I'm glad I didn't wait and booked at the Figueroa instead. It's not that big a deal being a bit farther away at other hotels but I always like the option of being able to get back to your hotel room in 10 or 15 minutes.

5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, after emailing the Holiday Inn twice over the weekend and getting no response at all from them I've booked with the Figueroa since they've replied rather promptly to all my enquiries.

And it seems that rooms are definitely going considering the number of emails the guy I talked to this morning said he had waiting for him.

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Mine among them.....

Edit:

Whoooo! Booked!!!

Guy said he's had 50 calls already this weekend... [face_laugh] he hasn't seen anything yet!

7. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I just made my reservation at the Figueroa Hotel as well. I will be there from 5/20 - 5/28. I am also planning on checking out the con hotel(s); once they are announced, but for 125.00 per night I doubt they will be able to beat it.

8. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    What's the best hotel you guys book at? I'm considering the Figueroa Hotel, but they don't seem to have a way to book online, so I'm guessing I have to call the hotel?

Are there any places that aren't sold out!?!?!?!

9. movieboy

Mar 9, 2005
    You are not able to book online for the Figueroa; you have to call the hotel, and book directly.

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    1 800 421 9020 -

Say hello to Uno!

11. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Called Figueroa today and they are getting low on rooms, so if you want in I suggest you book now. I heard...now this is all hearsay, but I heard that they are putting some stars up at this hotel. I do not know if this is true, came from a person who works at the hotel. I cannot imagine that there will be alot of stars staying in hotels because alot of their homes are within driving distance of the LACC.

I really hope Mark Hamill attends this one, and perhaps Hayden and Fisher. I mean Hamill lives in Malibu which is not to far from LA.

Also, just talked to Holiday Inn again...no rooms yet, try again tomorrow.

12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I booked my room at the Figueroa! $134 a night! whew. (I hope I manage to secure a cheaper room through the fan club block when I buy my badge!) But I will have a roomie to split the cost with.

yeah, rooms are getting scarce, they could only guarentee me a room with two twin beds (I wanted two queens but I booked the other one instead)

13. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I booked the day of the announcement and fortunately I got a room with two queens. I am paying $152 a night though. I myself hope that when we buy our badges too, the rates go down. Then I will rebook...if I can get in. One thing I did love about Indy was that four hotels had skywalks to the convention center and they were pretty much in close proximity to eachother, so you had more to choose from. LA's hotels are too far apart and their really are not alot of them, at least for this kind of venue.

14. movieboy

Mar 9, 2005
    That's odd; because I was able to book two queen's for only $125 a night. I was also offered the one king room for $135 a night. But since I will probably be having roommates I thought the 2 queens were better.

15. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I booked my room at the Figueroa! $134 a night! whew.

Don't forget that comes with breakfest and a fridge and safe in the room. All in all, that's a pretty good price as far as hotels go. Its a fair bit cheaper than Indy and that was with a discount, no breakfest and no safe.

16. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Something is not KOSHER here, I will definetly call and ask them why I was quoted differently. I sense a plot to dupe a Jedi. Evil money hungry chains.

17. movieboy

Mar 9, 2005
    I will be very surprised if the con hotels can get thrie prices below what this hotel is charging us. I will take a look when they are announced, but I am not holding my breath over it.

18. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Thanks for that info Moff! :) I didn't know about the breakfast, fridge and safe. That will end up saving me money on food, since they provide breakfast and I can find a store to pick up some edibles to store in the fridge

19. movieboy

Mar 9, 2005
    Yes, thanks for that very important piece of info. Getting free breakfast each day, and having a fridge in the room will really lower costs.

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Rock on!!! It's HAUNTED!!!!

From "sleeping with Ghosts in Califonia"

#

Figueroa Hotel ? This 1925 former YWCA residence has been transformed today into one of downtown Los Angeles? best budget hotels. Though there doesn?t appear to be a specifically identified spirit, a number of strange things allegedly occur here. Eerie sounds are said to emanate throughout the hallways and the rooms, televisions turn on by themselves at night and will not shut off, and the elevator seemingly moves of its own accord, stopping on certain floors, then opening to display no one there. Figueroa Hotel, 39 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, California 90015 800/421-9092.

21. movieboy

Mar 9, 2005
    Cool!!!
    Talk about an added bonus.

22. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Booked My room at the Figuera (sp).... :D

23. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    bbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boo!!!

Hey maybe we should contact Ghosthunters...a sci-fi channel show and have them come and investigate it while we are there. Creepy

Also, to add to the Figs amenties list, here are some other items: Bathrobes, bell services, business center, cable tv, comp breakfast, data port, dry cleaning/laundry, fitness center, gift shop, hairdryer, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, fridge, room service, spa service, pool, wireless access. It also states that they ahve complimentary airport shuttle, but I want to call and make sure.

24. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Maybe those of us staying there should get together one night and hold a seance!;)

25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmmm, Ghosties and actors - no cracks about dead careers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.