main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
  2. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    lol...break out the oujia board, guess whose comming to dinner.

BY THE WAY TERRIBLY BAD NEWS...JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE FIG, THE WEBSITE WAS REALLY WRONG, NO IN-ROOM SAFE AND NO COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST. I CALLED ABOUT MY ROOM RATE AND RATTLED OFF SOME OF THE INFO. FROM THE WEBSITE AND THE RECEPTIONIST CORRECTED ME. THERE IS ALSO NO MICROWAVES, NO KITCHENETTES, NO ROOM SERVICE, NO SHUTTLE OR SPA SERVICES. SHE SAID THESE WERE ALL WRONG. I AM @$%^#@ ABOUT THE SAFE AND BREAKFAST THING, LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER EXPENSE.

3. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    CALLED THE HOLIDAY INN AS WELL BECAUSE OF THE INFO I JUST RECEIEVED AND SAME BAD NEWS. NO BREAKFAST, IN ROOM SAFE OR FRIDGE. THIS HOTEL THING IS BEGINNING TO SUCK, AT LEAST IN INDY YOU HAD OPTIONS, HERE WE DONT.

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Plus at the Fig internet is 7.95 a day. :(

Looks like taking the laptop is a non issue.

5. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I just did a quick search at the Holiday Inn City Center for the same days of the week as the con. The best rate the show is 134.00 a night, and that is without the breakfast they offer. I think once you add in the internet charge; the two are going to be VERY close to each other.

6. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Has anyone else booked at the Milner? Free high speed and whatnot for only $80 a night!

It is few blocks out, but with the money I save I figure I can buy a lot more stuff.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Re; Room price descrepencies.

Guys, this is not a cookiee cutter hotel, it's a CONVERTED Building. So the rooms are going to be varied with CHARACTER. Think of ot as part of the adventure in staying in a historic building.

The 8$ per day net fees seem a bit steep though?

Worse case, someone on each party can get it and get a portion of the fee paid by others. I CANNOT be without the laptop - I'm self employed and need to be able to contact my clients at least once or twice a week on vacation.

8. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Just called the Milner, and they are 4 blocks north, and one block east of the cc. Still within walking distance.

9. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Huh. Why would it be stated that the hotel has all these things included when they aren't? That is just a bit annoying. Ah well. At least it is close.

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Is this the "Let's type in all caps" thread?

11. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I typed in "CAPS" because I do not have my glasses, they are being made. Sorry if this offends, it is not meant to.

12. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002

yes you have to call to make reservations here

13. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, my wife called The Figueroa just to confirm our reservations and she asked them a few questions. I don't know if it is different for various rooms or what, but they do have refrigerators. They don't have complimentary breakfasts but they do offer a breakfast, which is useful to have in the hotel at least.

14. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Just to keep everyone updated: as of now, 6pm EST or 3pm Pacific, there are still rooms in the Figueroa. It sounds as if the only options left are twin and double bed rooms--the twin rooms are the only ones with 2 beds, the double is a single bed.

You know what I think might be a nice thing to do? If people have reserved rooms now and wind up canceling them when discounted blocks become available on the con website, they should post about having canceled their rooms so that those unfortunate souls who get left out in the cold by internet pile-up know that stuff has opened up. Or the other way around--those locked out can post about not being able to acquire a room and get PM notification of someone who can cancel their old room and offer it up. I dunno, it might be a system that could be helpful.

By the way, I checked reviews on the Milner...let's just say there's a good reason why it's so cheap. I wouldn't risk it. [face_plain]

15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Well considering how fast the 'official' hotels filled up last time, I don't know if I'm going to try now that I have secured my room, but if I do you bet I'll post....

16. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    The gentleman at the reservation desk of the Figueroa Hotel was very adamant about the fact that no more than three people can be booked into ANY of their rooms. So if you planning on packing them in like sardines, this is not the place for you.

I was away for Memorial Day weekend, so just now getting around to pre-booking a room there, I totally love their faux Moroccan decor!

{edit}
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d124956-Reviews-Figueroa_Hotel-Los_Angeles_California.html
    http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=los_angeles@92&cur_section=lod&property_id=21438#user_reviews

Hmmm....The Figueroa has a really high number of very negative customer reviews. Maybe it's not the best place to stay, even though it is close?

17. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    http://www.seemyla.com/pdf/dthotel.pdf
    Everyone should note their are two Holiday Inn's:
    The Holiday Inn City Center is the closer one to LACC
    The Holiday Inn Downtown is on the other side of the freeway
    http://www.seemyla.com/directory/accommodations.aspx
    http://www.lacclink.com/downtownguide/downtownhome.htm
    http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?itty=&itid=&itdx=&part=3

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    When I called, I reached the HI at LACC - they said sold out.

19. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    Lot's of negitive review too:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d249692-Reviews-Ritz_Milner_Hotel-Los_Angeles_California.html
    http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&itty=new&from=m&shtl=1&htid=2312&crti=7&cadu1=2&mdpcid=21187-1.ExpediaHotelComments|%20Hotel_Review|%20freesearch|%20US&eapid=21187-1&&zz=1149036452424&

20. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    well....I've booked at the Fig. I figure if HI has rooms when they start taking bookings I'll try to get in there and cancel the Fig otherwise I have a close hotel. as long as the door locks, a shower, and there's a bed to grab quick naps I should be good. a place to keep my stuff, nap and a shower. The rest of my time will be in a line.

21. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I took your advice... the reviews are just a little to negative for me. I booked a twin room at the Fig to fall back on if Convention pricing doesn't work out. :cool:

22. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Now, that I think about it after those bad reviews; I think I'll be checking out what the chain hotels are offering. It would probably be better for me anyway. Since I don't really like hotels that aren't part of a big chain. I'll probably consider something like Holiday Inn, Best Western...etc.

23. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Not the most impressive of reviews, however the Guesthouse Inn - Convention Center got 3 stars out of 5: It's about 7-8 blocks from the Convention Center. The Figueroa got 2 1/2 stars out of 5, and some nasty reviews.

I really don't want to rent a car while in L.A., but if it means having a cleaner and safer environment, I'll dish out the extra cash to find a better hotel that is further away from the convention center. As it stands now, I'll be reserving a room at the Guesthouse Inn as a back-up, while I try to get a room at the Holiday Inn (hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones to snatch a CIV hotel package).

24. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    The news of the now-booked Holiday Inn freaked me out, so I booked the Figueroa a few hours ago (with option to cancel) and spoke to a nice reservation agent lady. She said just a few rooms left! No confirmation number - should I be worried? [face_worried] She said she is emailing it. Still nothing. [face_thinking]

Seems like an interesting place. I think if we make the best of it, it could be a blast. Heck, I only spend four hours a night at the Courtyard Marriott across the street at C3. As long as I am safe and feel like the place is clean, it should be fine.

Lufta

25. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    You know I called the Guesthouse Inn and the gentleman that answered stated they are not booking for May and to try in November. OK I tried again and got the same guy.. What is up with these hotels?!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.